ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Whitlock out at FS1
Deberg_1990 03:48 PM 06-01-2020
Come speak to us JWhit!

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/j...k-leaving-fs1/

Jason Whitlock has left FS1’s Speak for Yourself, Outkick has learned. Whitlock’s contract expired this past Sunday and the two sides were unable to reach an agreement. Fox Sports PR and Whitlock were not immediately available for comment.

Outkick became aware that something might be up when we noticed that Whitlock was not on today, not in the guide for the show in the next two weeks, and had been removed from the SFY Twitter avatar.

Whitlock joined FS1 in 2016. At the outset, he co-hosted SFY with Colin Cowherd, before a stint where he was the solo host. Marcellus Wiley joined the program as new co-host in 2018. Before the pandemic hit, the show had been garnering viewership momentum.

Media news @Outkick with @sportsrapport: Jason Whitlock has left FS1. https://t.co/Ob2gn2Mnf8

— Bobby Burack (@burackbobby_) June 1, 2020

[Reply]
sully1983 01:05 PM 06-02-2020
Ah that kinda sucks as I like him and dug his takes on things. He's way better than those bozos on ESPN's First Take that's for sure.

I wish him well
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Jason seems to wear out his welcome everywhere he goes. I did feel he was finally settling in on Speak For Yourself. I found myself disliking Marcellus Wiley much more than Jason wich I really thought could never happen.

Wouldnt it be something if KK and Witless teamed up together back in KC on an upstart new sports radio show. Id tune in just to listen to the fireworks.
Yeah, that's a no from me dawg...

My contempt for Keitzman is just WAY too strong. There isn't a co-host in the world you can pair him with to make me listen to anything he's associated with.

In the long history of that dude being an assbag, the Reid's kid thing doesn't even make the top 20. Fortunately it struck the right emotional chords with enough people to finally get his ass canned.

He's just the !@#$ing worst. I'd rather listen to Bayless and I hate Keitzman even more for making me say that.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:25 PM 06-02-2020
I'm surprised he hasn't gone back home to Naptown and picked up a sports talk gig there. Maybe Indy is too small potatoes for him now.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:28 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Borderline erotic.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:16 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, that's a no from me dawg...

My contempt for Keitzman is just WAY too strong. There isn't a co-host in the world you can pair him with to make me listen to anything he's associated with.

In the long history of that dude being an assbag, the Reid's kid thing doesn't even make the top 20. Fortunately it struck the right emotional chords with enough people to finally get his ass canned.

He's just the !@#$ing worst. I'd rather listen to Bayless and I hate Keitzman even more for making me say that.
Still waiting for the massive drug ring in the NFL to be exposed.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:36 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

A classic never dies...
[Reply]
poolboy 02:55 PM 06-02-2020
Whitlock and Wiley>Herd>Bayless
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:49 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Good riddance. Hopefully we've seen the last of him
It's your choice, you have the control.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:51 PM 06-02-2020
This calls for
KKKietzman and doughboy Jason Shitlock fired Celebrity Death Match
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:14 AM 06-03-2020
Can't believe Whitlock and Wright made it to TV and Posnaski didn't.

#Baldism?
[Reply]
KCTitus 11:46 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Still waiting for the massive drug ring in the NFL to be exposed.
*giggle*
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 01:07 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

#Baldism?
Posnaski was a great sports writer, but I don't think he was all that great as an on-air personality.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

#Baldism?
He dabbled. He wasn't great at it and ultimately didn't really want to do it anyway. I think the experiment was mostly encouraged by higher-ups at a time when conventional sportswriting was losing its audience to video formats.

I've always thought that's why he went to The Athletic. It's what he wants to do and one of the few places around where a strictly writing job (maybe with some podcast work here and there) can be lucrative enough for your employer to keep paying you.

I always got the impression from Whitlock that televised mass media was where he wanted to be all along. And it makes sense - guy was NEVER as good a writer as Poz, even if Poz got super grandiose and pretentious on occasion. You could tell when he was just on a role and was going to have you rolling your eyes for awhile. Once the melodrama started, you knew he wasn't going to come back from the ledge in that article so walk away or get your eye rolls ready.

Whitlock essentially wrote like people on TV speak, by and large. Very prosaic and usually only barely hanging onto its underlying point for most of it. You could break his column into bullet points most of the time and not do it a disservice.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:49 PM 06-04-2020
https://frntofficesport.com/jason-wh...-bayless-espn/
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:53 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by poolboy:
https://frntofficesport.com/jason-wh...-bayless-espn/
Originally Posted by :
I think it’s obvious that Simmons, Portnoy, Rogan, Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, Adam Carolla have been well ahead of the curve. I respectfully envy and appreciate their balls and what they’ve accomplished. The people making a major impact in the media space the last decade have done it independently. They’ve leveraged their audience into platforms they control. That’s what I want to do. I’m late. But better late than never
LOL. Whitlock, if you're reading this, I'm just gonna tell you up front-- ain't nobody going to pay you to hear your podcast. If Covid affected your contract talks with FOX and ESPN, imagine how people are going to feel shelling out extra to get your show.

Maybe if you beg, FOX will let you have SFY back. I highly recommend you take that offer.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up