ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:52 PM 06-03-2020
I don’t see the issue. He didn’t say people shouldn’t be allowed to kneel. He only said that he didn’t agree with that as a form of protest and explained why.

When you protest, does everyone have to agree with you now?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:54 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This is why the best move is always those bland PR statements.
Agreed. If I were a pro athlete, I would definitely have a prepared statement where I just fill in the blanks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That’s great. Except we both know that that isn’t going to fly in the times we are in now.
It’ll fly if the people he’s helped have his back, and if Benson doesn’t cave to the malcontents
[Reply]
Mecca 03:58 PM 06-03-2020
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military. He completely spun it into something it wasn't and that's what he's getting smacked around for by other athletes.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:07 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I don’t see the issue. He didn’t say people shouldn’t be allowed to kneel. He only said that he didn’t agree with that as a form of protest and explained why.

When you protest, does everyone have to agree with you now?
So you should only protest in ways that make no waves?

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.
[Reply]
Jerok 04:14 PM 06-03-2020
Better put your money on the Bucs to win that divison
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:19 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.

When did anyone say that protests need to make no waves?

Your passive aggressive bullshit of ”Who makes the rules? Oh I know.” isn’t fucking needed. You quit DC because it upsets you so much, so leave it the fuck out of the lounge.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:21 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

You either misread my comment or didn’t understand it.

I don’t see a reason to be offended by Brees’s comment. He didn’t say people have to protest a certain way. He simply said he disagreed with this method.

Is he not allowed to disagree with it?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:21 PM 06-03-2020
Jim Brown says the samr thing. But he's black so its ok. Most won't kneel because its worthless to do and stupid.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:31 PM 06-03-2020
Malcom Jenkins just ripped Drew Brees a new asshole.

That team is going to have problems this season.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:31 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
When did anyone say that protests need to make no waves?

Your passive aggressive bullshit of ”Who makes the rules? Oh I know.” isn’t ****ing needed. You quit DC because it upsets you so much, so leave it the **** out of the lounge.
Go **** yourself. It's passive aggressive because we're not supposed to post politics in the lounge - even in an obviously political thread like this.

My message was clear - it's complete BS that Kaep kneeling is deemed offensive enough to get right-wing idiots like you beside themselves with rage, while "home of the CHIEFS" is perfectly ok. It's completely arbitrary - and only happens because white people make the rules. Is that clear enough for you dickhead?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:33 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Yeah. Spoke in the past tense about being friends and having respect for him, then finished it off with a nice 'shut the fuck up'.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:33 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You either misread my comment or didn’t understand it.

I don’t see a reason to be offended by Brees’s comment. He didn’t say people have to protest a certain way. He simply said he disagreed with this method.

Is he not allowed to disagree with it?
Did he offer an alternative?

Is this really the message that needs to be sent right now? Why pick this battle, now of all times?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:36 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Drew should take them on a tour of all the homes he’s built for the impoverished minorities down there, then show them a statement from his accountant regarding all of his charity contributions
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:36 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Thomas, Kamara and Sanders have all unfollowed Brees on twitter. How long before they trade Brees to the Pats?
:-) I don't think you trade the franchise.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up