ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 47
« First < 354142434445 4647 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Small Business Owners...What are you doing to ride the storm out?
Trivers 09:25 AM 03-26-2020
How are you handling HR issues?

Are you applying for SBA loans?
There are several types of loans. And new info is appearing daily.

Capital up to $10MM.
Up to 30 years to repay. Some actually are forgivable.
3.75 to 4%

https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/

https://www.inc.com/kevin-j-ryan/sma...incthismorning

My world: Everyone at the software companies are working remotely. The chocolate factory shut down yesterday due to not be considered an essential business. The chocolate elve had already left due to health concerns. I handle all the commercial rentals myself so no impact:

I don't intend to lay-off anybody...if this stretches into June or July...then we may look at cutting salaries by 25 to 50%. With the $1,200 everyone is getting already from the gov, and the 4 month unemployment (+$600/week additional), if we have to do layoffs, then the Team will not be totally without funds.

What are you doing to ride the storm out?
[Reply]
notorious 12:56 PM 05-10-2020
I got accepted for PPP loan.

There is still loan money out there.
[Reply]
Trivers 10:58 AM 05-16-2020
Heads Up, the guidance for PPP FORGIVENESS has finally arrived.

http://www.sba.gov/about-sba/sba-new...ss-application
[Reply]
Trivers 06:18 AM 06-04-2020
Heads up, MAJOR changes in PPP use and forgiveness and repayment.

senate-passes-changes-to-small-business-ppp-loan-program

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...p-loan-program
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:17 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Heads up, MAJOR changes in PPP use and forgiveness and repayment.

senate-passes-changes-to-small-business-ppp-loan-program

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...p-loan-program
Hope everyone has been surviving well....and thanks Mr. Trivers for posting this

Here is the link to the actual bill if anyone wants some "light" reading!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...bill/7010/text

but the point is that they are making every effort to ensure most of these loans are forgiven, which was the original intent to begin with!
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:31 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Hope everyone has been surviving well....and thanks Mr. Trivers for posting this

Here is the link to the actual bill if anyone wants some "light" reading!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...bill/7010/text

but the point is that they are making every effort to ensure most of these loans are forgiven, which was the original intent to begin with!
Got a buddy who started in the middle of January as a 1099 employee. Is he eligible for the PPP?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:36 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Got a buddy who started in the middle of January as a 1099 employee. Is he eligible for the PPP?
My hunch is that a 1099 employee wouldn't be eligible. Those are technically contract positions.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:39 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
My hunch is that a 1099 employee wouldn't be eligible. Those are technically contract positions.
Is that due to him not working as a 1099 employee in 2019? Because I am a 1099 employee and I was able to get the loan. Im considered and independent contractor.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:44 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Is that due to him not working as a 1099 employee in 2019? Because I am a 1099 employee and I was able to get the loan. Im considered and independent contractor.
Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you hired him as a 1099 for a company you own and were asking if you could get a loan on him.

I would think a 1099 person could apply on his/her own since they're self-employed.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:02 PM 06-04-2020
Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you hired him as a 1099 for a company you own and were asking if you could get a loan on him.

I would think a 1099 person could apply on his/her own since they're self-employed.
I wish I could help more on this, but since I deal with small businesses, my focus has been entirely on qualified businesses.

From what I do know, if you are an independent contractor, you can apply for a PPP loan if you qualify, but I'm ignorant on the qualification requirements or how to calculate the loan amount.....
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:17 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I wish I could help more on this, but since I deal with small businesses, my focus has been entirely on qualified businesses.

From what I do know, if you are an independent contractor, you can apply for a PPP loan if you qualify, but I'm ignorant on the qualification requirements or how to calculate the loan amount.....
What little amount I can find on the matter is not very clear. Will probably have him just call his bank.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:18 PM 06-04-2020

How could you do this to me. I hate being misunderstood!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:23 AM 06-08-2020
Here's an email I just got from my bank. Sorry for the formatting....

Good morning!

Quite a few updates and changes have emerged as of late last week. President Trump signed legislation adjusting the Paycheck Protection Program. Below is a nice summary that was sent out by the ICBA (Independent Community Bankers of America) this morning.

Additionally, we have been made aware of an online resource to assist with the preparation of the forgiveness calculations. This recourse is being recommended highly throughout the industry. I am sure they will be making adjustments to the calculations with the new legislation signed, but this could be a very useful tool for you in the process of completing your PPP forgiveness application.

Link: https://www.ppp.bank/

From their website: PPP.BANK is a free, secure resource for small businesses, non-profits, and sole proprietors across the United States who received a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan and are now applying for forgiveness. This website automates the 11-page forgiveness application and results in a .pdf that can be provided to the lender.

ICBA Article: New legislation looks to address PPP restrictions
Jun 05, 2020
On June 5, President Donald Trump signed legislation to address restrictions on the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
While further guidance and clarification from the SBA and Treasury is likely, here is a summary of the provisions that appear in the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act.
Specifically, the law:
• Extends the covered period during which the loan may be used for forgivable expenses from eight weeks following disbursement of the loan to 24 weeks from loan disbursement or Dec. 31, 2020, whichever is earlier. Borrowers who received loans before June 5 may elect to continue using the eight-week covered period.

• Lowers the amount that must be spent on payroll costs from 75 percent to 60 percent. The new 60 percent threshold is now a cliff, meaning that borrowers must spend at least 60 percent on payroll or none of the loan will be forgiven.

• Extends the period in which employers may rehire or eliminate a reduction in employment, salary, or wages that would otherwise reduce the forgivable amount of a PPP loan to Dec. 31, 2020. However, the forgivable amount will be determined without regard to a reduction in the number of employees (compared to Feb. 15, 2020) if the recipient is (1) unable to rehire former employees and is unable to hire similarly qualified employees by Dec. 31, or (2) unable by Dec. 31 to return to the same level of business activity that existed before Feb. 15, 2020, due to compliance with federal requirements or guidance related to COVID-19.

• Replaces the six-month deferral of payments due under PPP loans with deferral until the date SBA pays the lender the amount of loan forgiveness. If a borrower fails to apply for loan forgiveness within 10 months after the last day of the covered period for forgiveness, the borrower must begin to make payments of principal, interest, and fees on its PPP loan.

• Establishes a minimum maturity of five years for new PPP loans as opposed to the current two-year maturity date. The five-year maturity takes effect on the date of enactment and will apply to any PPP loan made on or after June 5. Lenders and borrowers, however, may mutually agree to modify the maturity terms of prior-disbursed PPP loans.

• Eliminates a provision that makes PPP loan recipients who have PPP debt forgiven ineligible to defer payroll tax payments.

• The final date to obtain a PPP loan remains June 30, 2020.

This law will likely be subject to additional guidance by SBA and Treasury. Small-business borrowers should have a firm understanding of the provisions above and any related guidance to ensure they meet the criteria for loan forgiveness.

Please note that the last part of the article is of high importance. With the changes, it is highly likely that there will be additional guidance from the SBA and the Treasury. As that guidance emerges, I will forward out for your review.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:34 PM 06-15-2020
IT's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

EIDLs for non-agri is being accepted again.

This will be the last time EIDL funding will be open....according to the media.

So jump in quick.

https://www.sba.gov/page/disaster-loan-applications

I had three smaller companies that I didn't submit the first time as I was focused on the primary PPP. But I've submitted and go to bed happy. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:52 AM 06-17-2020
Just got mine accepted yesterday for the EIDL I applied for back in Feb.
[Reply]
Trivers 08:08 AM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Just got mine accepted yesterday for the EIDL I applied for back in Feb.
They won't like it if you spend it all on wine, ponies, and loose women.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 47
« First < 354142434445 4647 >
Up