ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 985 of 1207
« First < 485885935975981982983984985 98698798898999510351085 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:44 PM 04-05-2020
Meat guy dropped off a couple ribeyes to me yesterday so tonight it’s them and made from scratch fettuccini Alfredo.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 03:03 PM 04-05-2020
My best recipe for grilled chicken that I use on Alfredo. I cut mine in 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch cubes and put them on Kabobs and grill. When done toss them in the Alfredo.

Italian Chicken Marinade
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast

Instructions

In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.

Place chicken in a bowl or a zip-top bag and pour marinade over chicken. Move chicken around to make sure it's all coated with marinade. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 2 hours up to 24 hours before grilling.

Cook until internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:09 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Chicken in general is one thing I get burned out on quickly if I don't change up cooking techniques and dishes.
I get burned out on chicken too, but I was just talking about the conundrum of, when you have smoked chicken in hand, the question is 'just eat it all right away' or 'go to the trouble of making even better stuff with it.'

Hope that makes sense.

I'm been trying to stave off chicken boredom by varying the preparation. Most of it is sous vide then sear, but I switch up between yogurt and curry, and then pesto and nut, then liquid smoke then barbecue sauce, . . maybe some butter and buffalo. Then I switch between pastas and rices and such to plate them over.

Bunker cuisine, gotta lot it.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:23 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Chicken in general is one thing I get burned out on quickly if I don't change up cooking techniques and dishes.
I could eat fried chicken all of the time and be content. And 400 lbs.

Thank god for pork in all of its lovely varieties.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:24 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I get burned out on chicken too, but I was just talking about the conundrum of, when you have smoked chicken in hand, the question is 'just eat it all right away' or 'go to the trouble of making even better stuff with it.'

Hope that makes sense.

I'm been trying to stave off chicken boredom by varying the preparation. Most of it is sous vide then sear, but I switch up between yogurt and curry, and then pesto and nut, then liquid smoke then barbecue sauce, . . maybe some butter and buffalo. Then I switch between pastas and rices and such to plate them over.

I've found that I actually really enjoy the different varieties of Rice-a-roni quite a bit in these times.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:29 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I've found that I actually really enjoy the different varieties of Rice-a-roni quite a bit in these times.
I've been working on perfecting the Jasmine rice game, when I do make rice.

Sometime just toast it in a bit of coconut oil. Sometimes add a couple cardamom pods or some saffron.

The other day, I made it Persian style [Tahdig] with the potato slices on bottom and the saffron bloom in the middle.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:50 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Those look perfect. I’ve been using a rock.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
scho63 05:24 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Made the smoked meatloaf. I don’t make as pretty of food as you guys, but this was fucking good. I’m definitely doing this again.

Got a little dry, but it was still good. Yes I did take the ends. Because fuck you that’s why.

Never mind the crappy Mac and cheese and canned green beans. We’re running short on sides these days.

Looks good to me.

Two suggestions on possible help for dryness:
1. Higher fat content of ground beef
2. A bottle of "wet" squirt that you can keep using to baste the meatloaf every 30 minutes to an hours. Maybe your sauce you added on top cut with apple cider vinegar or red wine
[Reply]
Pablo 06:14 PM 04-05-2020
Did two kinds of chops and haricot verts for scho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 10:24 PM 04-05-2020
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Well done! :-):-)

I had two Italian style porkchops tonight as well!

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:08 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Hope that makes sense.

For sure. Pesto is a really good call that I haven't done in awhile.

I'd be interested in experimenting more with yogurt. Middle Eastern takeout place we order from easily has the best reheated chicken kabobs I've had.

EDIT: Wife does some great thai peanut chicken skewers that I'm folding back in the rotation. Unique enough flavor and pounding out the chicken first changes up the mouthfeel enough.
[Reply]
2112 06:37 AM 04-06-2020

I had this on Thursday for lunch. It’s a jersey burger. Angus beef burger with pork roll melted cheese and an over easy egg. No ketchup needed on that thing. Sidewinder fries a pickle (in the wrap) and a cup of Cole slaw
[Reply]
2112 06:54 AM 04-06-2020

Do you deliver?
[Reply]
threebag 07:15 AM 04-06-2020
Everyone wants to go to Pablo’s BBQ
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:01 AM 04-06-2020
Pablo does eat very well. He's definitely filling-in for FMB very well...
[Reply]
Page 985 of 1207
« First < 485885935975981982983984985 98698798898999510351085 > Last »
Up