ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 802 of 1207
« First < 302702752792798799800801802 803804805806812852902 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:53 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
That Olive Garden Dressing is legit
It is. But a little bit goes a long way.

For awhile now I’ve been doing like a spoon full of water and ground pepper in lieu of dressing on salads.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:39 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

For awhile now I’ve been doing like a spoon full of water and ground pepper in lieu of dressing on salads.
I'm not sure I'm there. I'll try it, but it sounds rather bland.
[Reply]
srvy 08:52 AM 05-23-2018
Food Networks copycat Olive garden dressing recipe.

1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar.
3 tablespoons Miracle Whip.
1 tablespoon lemon juice.
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt.
1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning.
1 -2 tablespoon water.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:11 AM 05-23-2018

A great fat-free low-cal salad dressing is Dijon mustard, juice of a navel orange, some water, garlic and onion granules to taste, salt&pepper. Then add your favorite herbs. I use Herbs de Provence,* but you can try basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, savory or marjoram. It's just that the Herbes de Provence go with the Dijon as they are French. You can always ad a tiny dab of olive oil for a little fat and flavor which sticks to salad but still keep fat calories down. Both ways are really good, but do take a short amount of prep time.

*Herbes de Provence is made up of: savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and oregano. It's a nice blend. It's the flavors of Provence or Southern France.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:14 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
A great fat-free low-cal salad dressing is Dijon mustard, juice of a navel orange, some water, garlic and onion granules to taste, salt&pepper. Then add your favorite herbs. I use Herbs de Provence,* but you can try basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, savory or marjoram. It's just that the Herbes de Provence go with the Dijon as they are French. You can always ad a tiny dab of olive oil for a little fat and flavor which sticks to salad but still keep fat calories down. Both ways are really good, but do take a short amount of prep time.

*Herbes de Provence is made up of: savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and oregano. It's a nice blend. It's the flavors of Provence or Southern France.
If you like the flavor of fresh over dried but don't want to keep fresh herbs on hand, try the freeze dried herbs you can find nowadays. The freeze drying process retains more of their flavor, as far as I can tell.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:23 AM 05-23-2018
Other herbs that work well are parsley, chives, mint or dill. I use fresh chives and mint 'cuz I grow those two. I prefer dill fresh but every time I grow dill it dies on me. Basil always ends up with something eating holes in it. My oregano is fresh too. When I make Greek salad, I use fresh herbs. That's how I had it in Greece and it was wonderful.

I buy Frontier in bulk but small quantities so they don't loose the pungent flavors because I use them up faster. Never buy large jars in supermarket. They just sit on the shelf for years and lost flavor over time. Never had the freeze-dried but that process does preserve.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:31 AM 05-23-2018
Oh, Buehler I forgot—you do need to add a tad bit of sweetener. I use Stevia packs up to two use a wee bit of honey and stevia. Honey seems to mellow it out. But not too much.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:01 AM 05-23-2018
Other herbs that work well are parsley, chives, mint or dill. I use fresh chives and mint 'cuz I grow those two. I prefer dill fresh but every time I grow dill it dies on me. Basil always ends up with something eating holes in it. My oregano is fresh too. When I make Greek salad, I use fresh herbs. That's how I had it in Greece and it was wonderful.

I buy Frontier in bulk but small quantities so they don't loose the pungent flavors because I use them up faster. Never buy large jars in supermarket. They just sit on the shelf for years and lost flavor over time. Never had the freeze-dried but that process does preserve.
Give the freeze dried a shot sometime. I use them in the winter when my herb garden is dead (I don't have good sunlight in windows to keep them alive; lots of trees).
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm not sure I'm there. I'll try it, but it sounds rather bland.
Eh yeah. I don’t know. I just am not real big on a bunch of dressings and I’ve tried a lot of them and I’m just meh. So I put a little water on the salad and grind some pepper. Maybe I’m just a weirdo but I like it better. And so I end up plowing a lot of calories and crap into stuff im meh on.

I’ll look at BEPs stuff maybe it’s better.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:12 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Sounds like we had a similar upbringing food-wise. That's cool you're setting the tone for your kid at a young age. Even as an adult I struggle to incorporate vegetables into every meal. One thing that's helped me, especially with zucchini and squash type veg, is a grill basket. I seem to prefer vegetables off the grill so I'll cook up a big batch on a Sunday so they're available for lunch/dinners throughout the week. I use one similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Outset-QN70-R.../dp/B000EUR7L6
Bro, thanks for that link! That looks legit. I'm gonna go ahead and pick one up today for grilling season. Between that, the kc bbq store, and the beer temple, I believe it's your goal to send me in to bankruptcy through online shopping.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:58 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Bro, thanks for that link! That looks legit. I'm gonna go ahead and pick one up today for grilling season. Between that, the kc bbq store, and the beer temple, I believe it's your goal to send me in to bankruptcy through online shopping.
Ha, that's no joke with the KC BBQ store. I thought about throwing up a FT: Bourbon County, ISO: Cowtown Night of the Living BBQ Sauce 1:2 trade on Facebook awhile back.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:30 PM 05-23-2018
Eh yeah. I don’t know. I just am not real big on a bunch of dressings and I’ve tried a lot of them and I’m just meh. So I put a little water on the salad and grind some pepper. Maybe I’m just a weirdo but I like it better. And so I end up plowing a lot of calories and crap into stuff im meh on.

I’ll look at BEPs stuff maybe it’s better.
Dayum! I keep forgetting important ingredients. You need vinegar—absolutely essential. I don't measure anything so do it to taste, a little at a time. Works best with white balsamic, the apple cider vinegar. I figure white wine and just plain white vinegar would work fine—just never used them with this. But not that dark woodsy balsamic. This is a nice light tasting, and light in terms of calories and low fat dressing.

Oh and whisk the Dijon ( about a tsp per serving) into the juice from the orange first before adding the vinegar and water.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:43 PM 05-23-2018
The good standard vinaigrette ratio is 1:3 parts oil. Good place to start.

My wife loves this basic balsamic vinaigrette: 1/2 c. balsamic, 1.5 c. EVOO, with a clove of garlic or shallot, a touch of honey, and a spoonful of coarse mustard. Run that through your blender and it'll stay emulsified for a few days, too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:47 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
The good standard vinaigrette ratio is 1:3 parts oil. Good place to start.

My wife loves this basic balsamic vinaigrette: 1/2 c. balsamic, 1.5 c. EVOO, with a clove of garlic or shallot, a touch of honey, and a spoonful of coarse mustard. Run that through your blender and it'll stay emulsified for a few days, too.
But he doesn't have oil only water. So I figured he was looking for a low calorie/low fat dressing. Afterall, that's wher all the calories are in a salad—the dressing.

Unless your salad has bacon in it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:51 PM 05-23-2018
But he doesn't have oil only water. So I figured he was looking for a low calorie/low fat dressing. Afterall, that's wher all the calories are in a salad—the dressing.

Unless your salad has bacon in it.
I missed that.

[Reply]
Page 802 of 1207
« First < 302702752792798799800801802 803804805806812852902 > Last »
Up