ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>COLD summer meals !!
Mr. Wizard 07:08 PM 06-03-2020
It hit 100 today in western Kansas. We are always looking for meals that are easy on the body and we actually want to eat when it is hot as hell. We would appreciate your input!

So far our go to's are;

chicken or tuna salad wraps (traditional chicken or tuna salad fixed the night before and left in the fridge then rolled in a tortilla.)
PS - I hard boiled 4 eggs in the microwave yesterday- cover with water, add 1/2 tbsp salt, cook for 10 min, take out and run cool water over and let sit)

Taco salad 2 lb cooked hamburger then crunch up cheesy or taco flavored Doritos in a bowl. Add cold sliced avocado, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, salsa of choice. (all refrigerated except hamburger) then top with ranch dressing.

We can't wait to find your go to summer cool down meals!
[Reply]
neech 07:23 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Here in Garden City we eat cold fried chicken too. Coleslaw on the side. Great noon meal.
You live out in Eygpt dude, I don't know how you can do it, I'd be bored as hell.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:45 PM 06-05-2020
BLT’s are the ultimate summer sammich

A fresh cucumber and onion pickling is its perfect compliment
[Reply]
prhom 08:45 PM 06-05-2020
Niçoise salad is a favorite of mine in the summer. A lot of chopping and prep, but it’s good.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:04 PM 06-05-2020
A big Caesar salad with pre-grilled cold chicken is a summer staple in our house.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:10 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
You live out in Eygpt dude, I don't know how you can do it, I'd be bored as hell.
Dude. If this is Egypt he’s in Alexandria. I go to his town for shit to do. And it’s 45 miles away.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 06:28 PM 06-06-2020
We substitute the Lettuce in our BLTs with Basil from our garden.

Tomato and Basil combination is one of God's gifts to us.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up