ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 319
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think you bring back Osemele on another cheap deal if he clears a physical. But I think Alegretti is serviceable at LG.

Fisher's not likely ready to play in September. Mid-season at earliest is probably realistic. You hope Niang could fill in, but that's also a question mark. I really think this is the spot where you hope an older vet chasing a ring would come in, spell Fisher and then become your 6th man/swing tackle when Fisher's ready.

Schwartz expecting to be healthy is a big plus. The OT situation is much less scary.

I'd prefer to let Reiter and Wylie walk, they're just not good enough.

We need a Center and perhaps another guard. LDT is an okay starter.

I think getting a little better/more physical up front will keep defenses honest and we won't have to scheme around the talent deficiencies as much.
I agree with pretty much all of this.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:19 PM 02-27-2021
T. Williams / Q. Meinerz / Allegretti / LDT / Schwartz
Niang / Osemele /D. Williams / /Remmers

Y. Durant practice squad

- Fisher released
- T Williams 1 year deal to ring chase
- Niang can compete at RG or sit and be a swing tackle year one
- Meinerz starts at any interior OL spot
- Osemele and Remmers veteran depth at reasonable price if young guys falter
[Reply]
Dante84 04:30 PM 02-27-2021
Njoku will likely be a FA; could fit the Veach profile
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:02 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Njoku will likely be a FA; could fit the Veach profile
Would LOVE that.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:41 PM 02-27-2021
I’m really missing Chiefs football extra today, guys. Damn it sucks to wait through the offseason.

This team is going to have a better offensive line than 2020, an offseason to plan/practice using CEH more as a receiver (this one I’m REALLY excited about, DBs did not tackle him well at all when put in 1-on-1 situations), Willie Gay adding some real playmaking ability to the 2nd level, and hopefully they will add more reliable starters at WR2 & DE across from Clark.

With just a normal level of luck type of year in terms of injuries, I love our prospects.
[Reply]
In58men 05:52 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m really missing Chiefs football extra today, guys. Damn it sucks to wait through the offseason.

This team is going to have a better offensive line than 2020, an offseason to plan/practice using CEH more as a receiver (this one I’m REALLY excited about, DBs did not tackle him well at all when put in 1-on-1 situations), Willie Gay adding some real playmaking ability to the 2nd level, and hopefully they will add more reliable starters at WR2 & DE across from Clark.

With just a normal level of luck type of year in terms of injuries, I love our prospects.
I don’t know why, but I have VERY high hopes for DeAndre Baker lol.

I think he’s going to be the one that really takes off this year. I’m talking like, comeback player of the year type of performance.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:08 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Would LOVE that.
If we don't draft Hunter Long, I'd be all in on this. Maybe even if we do; Keiser and RSJ are total nothingburgers.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:22 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're gonna start this now?

Not everybody is going to get what they want. That's how the offseason works. Somebody always ends up disappointed. Hell, sometimes we ALL end up disappointed.

I think you're putting an awful lot of hope in the idea that Andy Reid is just going to give up on his very first draft pick as a Chief, especially when the guy has been a rock solid contributor until now. It was a freak injury and there's no indication at this point that it's going to be a long-term problem.

You've got your heart set on them taking a LT in the draft and you're so focused on it that if it doesn't happen, you're going to be bitter. In fact, as evidenced by the post I quoted, you're ALREADY bitter about it.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We don't even know if Osemele can still play and people are penciling him in as a starter.
See your second post. I'm not bitter about anything man. I just think it's silly for people to pencil Fisher in as a starter or a player that comes back for similar reasons I don't think Osemele will. These guys suffered serious injuries that take a long time to come back from.

I've been one of the top advocates for Eric Fisher on this board throughout his career. I think he's one of the best LTs in the game and highly underrated. That said, I'm not pinning hope to a 30-year-old LT coming back as the same player after an Achilles tear. Like I've said if he does you're paying him a hefty contract extension. If he doesn't come back or you're unwilling to pay that extension, you better be prepared to get a LT and that means moving up in the draft to get one (more than likely).

I'm more than open to other players/positions in the draft. I'm not going to be blind to the fact that Fisher tore his Achilles tendon. There is as much a chance it dooms his career as there is he comes back to form. And there's a higher chance it's somewhere in between, a year from now.

Additionally, adding more weapons doesn't fix the issues in the Super Bowl. Healthy offensive lineman do. Maybe all our hopes and prayers are answered. One fact remains though, and that fact is the number of free agents on the docket in 2022 on the OL. Some resources have to go there this year, one way or another.
[Reply]
mkp785 06:35 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

I think he’s going to be the one that really takes off this year. I’m talking like, comeback player of the year type of performance.
Sooooo much this. His athletic profile and size is a perfect modern CB. He has big game experience in the SEC and his 1 half last year looked good. I think by Xmas at the latest he'll be our starting corner.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Sooooo much this. His athletic profile and size is a perfect modern CB. He has big game experience in the SEC and his 1 half last year looked good. I think by Xmas at the latest he'll be our starting corner.
Baker, Sneed, and Ward with Fenton off the bench is pretty solid.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:24 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Originally Posted by mkp785:
I hope we can resign him to a reasonable team-friendly contract.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I hope we can resign him to a reasonable team-friendly contract.
He’s under contract for this year, signed a futures deal
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:13 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He’s under contract for this year, signed a futures deal
Awesome.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:08 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It seems to me that the 'blueprint to beat The Chiefs' has actually now been proven.

If you can get consistent pressure with 4 and cover with 7 you can give Mahomes fits.

We can't run the ball consistently to keep defenses honest.

If you can limit Hill and Kelce, and can score points yourself, you can beat The Chiefs.

There are two answers to the problem: a healthy and dangerous 'X' receiver to threaten defenses further.

Improved offensive line play. Not just from The Super Bowl, but overall, in general.

Additionally, we need another dynamic edge rusher to complement Jones and Clark.

It can all be done, and I trust Veach to do it.
The blueprint to beat the Chiefs is have backups playing almost every OL position with some playing spots they’ve not played as a pro. Make sure the DL KC is facing has 4 monsters that can quickly beat the backup OL. Have an assistant coach get a DUI and almost kill a couple kids leading up to the game. Make sure that even when KC is running at a 6 ypc clip, Andy decides to throw over and over. Make sure Mahomes has been dealing with turf toe so bad that it needs surgery soon as the game is over. Make sure KC’s receivers drop lots of passes that are hitting them in the hands and facemask. Make sure the refs allow the opposing team to mug and interfere with our players while calling every ticky tack penalty on the Chiefs defense. Make sure Andy and Spags don’t make any halftime adjustments. That’s the only blueprint. It was the perfect storm for TB. Add in that Bucs never had to travel for the game and KC flew in the day before the game, and that it was on the Bucs home field, with a storyline the league loves (Brady, first HFA SB), and the game wasn’t winnable. It’s not some magic scheme to shut us down, it was lots of luck and on an even playing field, KC wins that game.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:31 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
The blueprint to beat the Chiefs is have backups playing almost every OL position with some playing spots they’ve not played as a pro. Make sure the DL KC is facing has 4 monsters that can quickly beat the backup OL. Have an assistant coach get a DUI and almost kill a couple kids leading up to the game. Make sure that even when KC is running at a 6 ypc clip, Andy decides to throw over and over. Make sure Mahomes has been dealing with turf toe so bad that it needs surgery soon as the game is over. Make sure KC’s receivers drop lots of passes that are hitting them in the hands and facemask. Make sure the refs allow the opposing team to mug and interfere with our players while calling every ticky tack penalty on the Chiefs defense. Make sure Andy and Spags don’t make any halftime adjustments. That’s the only blueprint. It was the perfect storm for TB. Add in that Bucs never had to travel for the game and KC flew in the day before the game, and that it was on the Bucs home field, with a storyline the league loves (Brady, first HFA SB), and the game wasn’t winnable. It’s not some magic scheme to shut us down, it was lots of luck and on an even playing field, KC wins that game.
Have not seen this said any better.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 319
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Up