Page 65 of 68
« First < 15556162636465 666768 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:22 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Darnold, two first round picks (one in 2021 and 2022) and a 2nd in 2022 would be the most from me if I’m the Jets.
Yeah, that's a pretty damn good deal for both sides. Anyone suggesting quinnen Williams on top of that is probably some Texans asshole trying to pump up the trade value. You don't add quinnen Williams without taking something else off the table.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:17 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Jets can grab a great QB with the #2 pick, gain 3+ years of playing time and ride out a rookie contract and use all those draft picks to acquire talent. Or, trade it all for Watson. I don't know why they would make the trade. Same with Miami unless their just giving up on Tua.
Or, they could take some Rosen level fucklehead at 2 and wast a good chunk of the careers of the dudes they put around him.

Look, it’s steep, but it takes the bust risk off the table. Look back at the QBs that have been drafted over the last decade. There were some real stinkers that got real capital spent on them.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:28 AM 02-28-2021
No way the Jets should make that trade. Their defense is already atrocious, and if you take out Williams they have no other real talent. They don't have shit on offense either, sans Becton and McGovern on the Oline. Too many holes to fill. If they make that trade, they are basically providing Watson with a pile of shit for 2 years that's worse than what he has in Houston.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:32 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Darnold, two first round picks (one in 2021 and 2022) and a 2nd in 2022 would be the most from me if I’m the Jets.
IMO, Jets could go both 1st this year, one first next year, and Darnold and not hurt themselves that much.

They would still have a 2nd, two 3rds, and possibly two 4ths this year. Plus a full slate of picks next year. And they have cap space to bring in some talent in the FA market.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:35 AM 02-28-2021
Jets essentially would be trading their 1st round pick, Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams for Watson. Do that deal all the time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No way the Jets should make that trade. Their defense is already atrocious, and if you take out Williams they have no other real talent. They don't have shit on offense either, sans Becton and McGovern on the Oline. Too many holes to fill. If they make that trade, they are basically providing Watson with a pile of shit for 2 years that's worse than what he has in Houston.
The Jets talent is not bad. Mims and probably even Herndon Herndon are way too talented to be this bad. Gase flat out refused to use perine. And the OL has enough talent to not be this bad. A lot of their offensive struggles are all gase
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What’s the alternative? Build a great roster with a meh qb and lose to the elite qbs in the playoffs every year? Beat case scenario
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:01 AM 02-28-2021
Wtf would anyone want to play for the NYJ?

"Because it's in NYC?" <---- who gives a shit
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 02-28-2021
Because of market size
[Reply]
BossChief 10:30 AM 02-28-2021
I’d be reluctant to move Williams, but without a top tier QB you have no chance of winning playoff games anyway...so I’d probably reluctantly make the deal but ask for some mid round picks back to put more pieces around Watson.

This is probably NYs only chance at a top 5 NFL QBs and without one, you’re just spinning your wheels.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:49 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Jets essentially would be trading their 1st round pick, Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams for Watson. Do that deal all the time.
Absolutely. And their 1st is the #2 overall. Texans either get a great player there, or parlay it into more draft picks. Win-win for Jets and Texans.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 10:52 AM 02-28-2021
Watson could generate alot of money in New York. Money that goes into the kitty for all teams. Like teams that have a half billion dollar commitment :-)
[Reply]
Redbled 11:40 AM 02-28-2021
If you are the Jets you do whatever it takes. You get a top 5 QB for the next 12 years. You don’t need to be good the next 2 years. They will get more FAs to come and can build around him in time. I repeat. You get the elite QB when you can. Some of you guys forget how many SBs the Chiefs won with non elite QBs.
[Reply]
Coogs 11:49 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
If you are the Jets you do whatever it takes. You get a top 5 QB for the next 12 years. You don’t need to be good the next 2 years. They will get more FAs to come and can build around him in time. I repeat. You get the elite QB when you can. Some of you guys forget how many SBs the Chiefs won with non elite QBs.
I'm in this camp. But I also think the Texans don't have all the leverage here. That #2 overall pick is huge in the Jets favor. As an example, that pick way out trumps the #8 package that the Panthers can put together.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:05 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I'm in this camp. But I also think the Texans don't have all the leverage here. That #2 overall pick is huge in the Jets favor. As an example, that pick way out trumps the #8 package that the Panthers can put together.
This.

IF Watson is getting traded (assuming he signs off on it) and IF the Jets want him, then he’s going to the Jets.

No other team can come close to offering what the Jets can to the Texans (specifically, that #2 pick, that gives them their shot at their next young franchise QB) and the Texans know this. That’s not even including the other assets, such as the bounty from the Jamal Adams trade, etc. Jets would NOT have to give up a player in this deal. The draft compensation would be enough. And because they can offer up that #2 pick (something no other team can compete with, that is wanting Watson), they have the leverage and actually WONT have to break the back with draft compensation. That #2 pick is THAT valuable.

Again, this is all assuming the Jets want him. Maybe they don’t? But if they do, they can get this deal done easily. Texans won’t get better than that anywhere else (and that Watson will sign off on via no trade clause) and the Jets and Texans both know that.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 68
« First < 15556162636465 666768 >
Up