ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3454 of 3903
« First < 2454295433543404344434503451345234533454 3455345634573458346435043554 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:39 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Hey, that would be great. Of course there is no more evidence for this now.

That's a completely different topic and is a change of subject.

This document talks about safer vs better. I am only discussing BETTER immunity.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/m...y_479884_7.pdf

General Responses:
It is true that natural infection almost always causes better immunity than vaccines.
Did you read what you posted?

I dunno that "better immunity" would be comprised simply based on you get infected once vs you have to get multiple shots as "Better" immunity.

And yes, thats why I said plus.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:43 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

I dunno that "better immunity" would be comprised simply based on you get infected once vs you have to get multiple shots as "Better" immunity.

Yes, I read it. I also listened to hours upon hours of some of the top scientists in the world lecture on virology, immunology during this pandemic and heard at least two say the goal for the vaccines would be to approach the power of natural immunity and that it was well accepted that natural infections generally were superior to vaccines in how long protection lasted as a general rule.

If you have new findings that would overturn this from this year go ahead and link it and I'll review.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:25 PM 02-26-2021

Johnson & Johnson's single-shot Covid-19 vaccine was recommended for authorization by an FDA panel. The agency is expected to clear it for broad use within days. https://t.co/AlTboTOSf6

— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) February 26, 2021

[Reply]
jdubya 09:01 PM 02-26-2021
I'm up.....1st dose coming on the 5th
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:10 PM 02-26-2021
The only explanation for the precipitous case decline that makes sense is that we are reaching herd immunity. With the likely multiple of actual-to-reported cases and now the vaccines kicking in we should be there shortly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/6810858002
[Reply]
eDave 02:03 AM 02-27-2021
Went to a Coyote's game tonight and before entry - at the gate - I had to scan the QR code on the back of a clipboard to download an app from Clear, answer their Covid questions, then take a photo of my DL (front and back (which didn't "match" the first few times)). I was then given a QR code to enter with my ticket.

First game I went to a couple of weeks ago didn't require any of this. Here is a pic of peeps around me doing the same.

Not sure if I am now in a database for future events. I must be but didn't make an account or anything to track. It was very uncomfortable. Coyotes lost but got us all a free Taco Bell taco in the process buy scoring in the 3rd. No purchase or ticket stub required. I will not be eating that bull crap.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:26 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Went to a Coyote's game tonight and before entry - at the gate - I had to download an app from Clear, answer their Covid questions, then take a photo of my DL (front and back (which didn't "match" the first few times)). I was then given a QR code to enter with my ticket.

First game I went to a couple of weeks ago didn't require any of this. Here is a pic of peeps around me doing the same.

Not sure if I am now in a database for future events. I must be but didn't make an account or anything to track. It was very uncomfortable. Coyotes lost but got us all a free Taco Bell taco in the process buy scoring in the 3rd. No purchase or ticket stub required. I will not be eating that bull crap.
Can you get it for me and mail it my way?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:12 AM 02-27-2021
Colorado just changed up their priority list. My wife should be getting her vaccination in mid-March, and I have now moved up from the masses by being over age 50. That implies that I might get mine in late March or April.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:36 AM 02-27-2021

Professor of Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases at Johns Hopkins:

I would say a few things though I love vaccines:
1) I can't think of a single vaccine has better immunity than natural infections for viruses
2) The disconnect between in vitro data and human trials has defined our fields for decades--these viruses and diseases are humbling.

— Stefan Baral (@sdbaral) August 24, 2020

[Reply]
stevieray 09:46 AM 02-27-2021
Went to a Coyote's game tonight and before entry - at the gate - I had to download an app from Clear, answer their Covid questions, then take a photo of my DL (front and back (which didn't "match" the first few times)). I was then given a QR code to enter with my ticket.

sheep watching coyotes

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Professor of Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases at Johns Hopkins:

Again, we need to determine “better” here.

With the viral mutations were seeing here, I would be pretty shocked if what he’s saying is the case, but we will see.

If we’re looking for sterilizing immunity to this from natural infection, that won’t happen. I doubt it stays with vaccination without updated boosters, but again, we shall see.

You also have to, as I said before, encounter an infection to get said immunity, so that’s gonna weigh into the conversation whether you want it to or not
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:48 AM 02-27-2021
Again, we need to determine “better” here.

With the viral mutations were seeing here, I would be pretty shocked if what he’s saying is the case, but we will see.

If we’re looking for sterilizing immunity to this from natural infection, that won’t happen. I doubt it stays with vaccination without updated boosters, but again, we shall see.

You also have to, as I said before, encounter an infection to get said immunity, so that’s gonna weigh into the conversation whether you want it to or not
No one knows, I was just offering my opinion based on various statements I had heard from scientists over the last year.

In any case, I doubt we will get much information on this in the next few years because it sounds like even people that already got Covid are getting the vaccines. I was surprised by this but I doubt there will be a enough people who got Covid that won't be vaccinated to come to a conclusion.
[Reply]
Otter 05:25 PM 02-27-2021
Went to a Coyote's game tonight and before entry - at the gate - I had to scan the QR code on the back of a clipboard to download an app from Clear, answer their Covid questions, then take a photo of my DL (front and back (which didn't "match" the first few times)). I was then given a QR code to enter with my ticket.

I would have turned around.

What happens if you said you didn't have a phone or a phone w/o a camera? I have an old Samsung Rugby that I carry when mountain biking that has virtually no functionally outside of voice and text.

This shit creepy and people are falling in line. The frog boiling analogy comes to mind.

I'M JUST DOING MY JOB, SIR!
[Reply]
RunKC 07:28 PM 02-28-2021
Outstanding. We’re doing great

We're really at an inflection point here.

Pfizer increasing deliveries to 14m/week by mid-March.

Moderna aiming to ramp up to 40m/month by April.

J&J (one dose) delivering 20m doses in March. https://t.co/RlOkFLsZVP

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) February 28, 2021

[Reply]
stevieray 07:33 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Outstanding. We’re doing great

70 - 85 % percent vaccinated to return to "normalcy"?

Good luck with that.

Fauci flops more than soccer players.
[Reply]
Page 3454 of 3903
« First < 2454295433543404344434503451345234533454 3455345634573458346435043554 > Last »
Up