ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 535 of 934
« First < 35435485525531532533534535 536537538539545585635 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:05 PM 02-27-2021

I've loaded the boat on ZOM during this correction!
[Reply]
scho63 06:26 PM 02-27-2021
I'm investing in WHORE this weekend. It's always reliable and pays a dividend.

I just don't have anything left in my SHORTSFOLIO when it's over.

It's a real flash in the PANTIES kinda stock.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:29 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:

Take a look at PIIHB
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:44 PM 02-27-2021

Sounds like a pump and dump.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:53 PM 02-27-2021

It sounds like a short-term hold. I'd recommend moving into pharmaceuticals afterward.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 07:05 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
To be more clear, I didn't mean we all chip in and set up one portfolio that we all divide profits on at a predetermined end. Basically a virtual portfolio that we all create our own version of and spend as much or little as we can afford.
Feels like that's already what's happening? Maybe each person list their THREE top stocks (one short term about to bounce pump n dump. One long term hold and one...um? wild card?)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:51 PM 02-27-2021

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Take a look at PIIHB
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sounds like a pump and dump.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It sounds like a short-term hold. I'd recommend moving into pharmaceuticals afterward.

YES this is why this place rules. :-)
[Reply]
DJay23 09:37 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I like to drink and screen for stocks on Saturday afternoon. These charts are meant for possible swing trades and I liked their setup. Swings trades are held for days to weeks and look to make 5-10% profit (sometimes a more). I may decide to let 25-50% of the position run after selling for gains but many times will at least raise my stop to break even so the trade is guaranteed to be profitable.

You only enter a swing trade with a pre-determined stop loss that is set upon entry. If the trades works against your favor, you get out and do not ride it down. You NEVER average down in swing trading, only long term positions.

FN
AYI
SNX
SWTX
SANM
ORN

and possibly, TACO. Not a joke.

I will watch how these open and look for entry above a breakout point on the chart. If the day opens poorly, I may not start any new positions.
For someone who is new to this, this is the kind of insight I appreciate. Thank you.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:30 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by DJay23:
For someone who is new to this, this is the kind of insight I appreciate. Thank you.
Your goal as a swing trader is to have your winners double your losses, so averaging 10% for your winners and 5% for your losses. With this ratio, you only have to be successful on 50% of your trades to make nice profits across the board. You have to be disciplined though. If you don't set a stop loss on a position entry and it moves 25% or more against you, that's too large a draw down on your capital and makes your success rate have to be that much higher (which is hard).

If you have questions please ask. Trading is different than investing. In trading your must have defined rules and follow some form of technical analysis. You should at least mentally define the difference between your trading positions and long term investing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:04 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

I've loaded the boat on ZOM during this correction!
Same. Sold all my short terms where I was still up +50% and dumped it all into ZOM
[Reply]
DJay23 09:33 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Your goal as a swing trader is to have your winners double your losses, so averaging 10% for your winners and 5% for your losses. With this ratio, you only have to be successful on 50% of your trades to make nice profits across the board. You have to be disciplined though. If you don't set a stop loss on a position entry and it moves 25% or more against you, that's too large a draw down on your capital and makes your success rate have to be that much higher (which is hard).

If you have questions please ask. Trading is different than investing. In trading your must have defined rules and follow some form of technical analysis. You should at least mentally define the difference between your trading positions and long term investing.
More great advice.

I was greedy with CCIV and was left holding the bag. Having just jumped in it was a big chunk of my portfolio and now I'm in the red. Obviously I should have sold. When I should have sold is what I didn't understand.

If I'm reading what you're saying right, I should have set my own number (10%?) and sold then? I know 10% is a nice return on long term investments, did you use that number because it is generally considered good for short term too?

Thanks again.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:34 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Same. Sold all my short terms where I was still up +50% and dumped it all into ZOM
What's the scoop on ZOM? I keep seeing it brought up and read about the company and I think I'm missing something.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:41 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by DJay23:
What's the scoop on ZOM? I keep seeing it brought up and read about the company and I think I'm missing something.
Pharma with patents on a pet diagnostic tech that could change the veterinarian space. Speculation that its a potential $6-10 stock at some point this year.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:44 AM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Pharma with patents on a pet diagnostic tech that could change the veterinarian space. Speculation that its a potential $6-10 stock at some point this year.
Got it, thank you. And late March is when it is predicted to jump is what I've seen.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:44 AM 02-28-2021
Is Tesla a good pick? My advisor is looking at it if it drops a little further.
[Reply]
Page 535 of 934
« First < 35435485525531532533534535 536537538539545585635 > Last »
Up