ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 306 of 382
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316356 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:34 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Great area for sport riding and some of the best/ most dangerous roads ever. I used to ride or drive from Desoto to Pacific regularly.
:-)

Dangerous as in people just drive like idiots on those roads?

I know you've mentioned Payson before... you've surely encountered more dangerous roads in Arizona, like staring down a cliff... and far more fun than anything you can find in Missouri (much real altitude, like Colorado).
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:07 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

If you see these Ales from the Crypt by OHSO, they are very tasty from what I've tried. Had the Morning Grind before the SB started and it was surprisingly great.

All of you fellow Arizonans need to head to your local OHSO and drink their Morning Grind. It's fucking phenomenal. Most of the maple syrup beers these days seem like the brewery basically pours ten tons of maple syrup into a stout and calls it good (and it's delicious).... but, this beer is a symphony of coffee and maple syrup and bourbon barrel goodness.

They really struck the perfect balance.

Go now, before it's too late.

http://ohsobrewery.com/beer/
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:38 PM 02-24-2021
Anyone try Stone Cold's "Broken Skull IPA" ? (I think thats the name)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02-24-2021, 08:41 PM
This message has been deleted by cooper barrett.
MTG#10 12:07 PM 02-27-2021
Watching Mahomes : watching every other QB :: Drinking Bottle Logic : drinking every other beer

Valvoline thinks this pours a little thick and Wilford Brimley is rolling over in his grave. I have been ruined. Deliciously, deliciously ruined.

This sounds amazing. Bourbon Barrel aged dessert imperial stouts are by far my favorite beers, especially coffee variants. Where did you find this?
[Reply]
kgrund 12:16 PM 02-27-2021
For the IPA and Double IPA lovers, the list of beers that Toppling Goliath has been rolling out is outstanding.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:17 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
This sounds amazing. Bourbon Barrel aged dessert imperial stouts are by far my favorite beers, especially coffee variants. Where did you find this?
They distribute in California and Arizona, with a great tasting room in Anaheim... they make phenomenal stouts.

https://bottlelogic.com/find-our-beer
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:34 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by kgrund:
For the IPA and Double IPA lovers, the list of beers that Toppling Goliath has been rolling out is outstanding.
My first thought glancing through their website, between their verbiage and some of their beer names, was.... well, they do think highly of themselves. :-)

And then head over to beeradvocate to see 5+ world class rated beers, so they might be right, heh.... and their only lower-rated beers are a lager and wheat and pale ale, so who cares about those anyway.

And for it to be seriously out in the middle of fucking nowhere.... no idea why I'd ever find myself in that quadrant of Iowa, but seems like it's worth a road trip if you're anywhere close to Decorah.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:40 PM 02-27-2021
Most all TG stuff is legit and they're deservingly proud of it.

Their hoppy stuff tends to get overlooked in our local market these days but I love most all of them. I used to drive an hour to Kenosha, WI to buy their beers before they started distro'ing to IL.

I traded a TG Term Oil S'mores for the Half Acre Double Catch Hell I posted earlier in the thread. Felt it was even on both sides.

EDIT - I've made the road trip to Decorah. Cool little town with Norwegen roots. Pulpit Rock is in the same small town and is just as legit, so a great 1-2 punch if ever in that area.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:11 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Most all TG stuff is legit and they're deservingly proud of it.

Their hoppy stuff tends to get overlooked in our local market these days but I love most all of them. I used to drive an hour to Kenosha, WI to buy their beers before they started distro'ing to IL.

I traded a TG Term Oil S'mores for the Half Acre Double Catch Hell I posted earlier in the thread. Felt it was even on both sides.

EDIT - I've made the road trip to Decorah. Cool little town with Norwegen roots. Pulpit Rock is in the same small town and is just as legit, so a great 1-2 punch if ever in that area.
Well, looks like it's actually closer to Chicago (mapped from Mikerphone, of course) than KC.... granted, not a great way to get there by interstate unless you stay on 90 into MN.

Looks like they're all over KC and distribute to LA. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:17 PM 02-27-2021
Well, looks like it's actually closer to Chicago (mapped from Mikerphone, of course) than KC.... granted, not a great way to get there by interstate unless you stay on 90 into MN.

Looks like they're all over KC and distribute to LA. :-)
Most of the stuff we get are hops, which are really good. Their sought after BA stouts you have to travel to them for and are limited. They did do a collab with Binnys awhile back which was available here.

And yeah, that drive from Chicago blows, although we pass through Madison, WI which has some good breweries to make a day out of. I honestly only went because I entered and won a lottery for one of their BA stouts.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:37 PM 02-27-2021
Most of the stuff we get are hops, which are really good. Their sought after BA stouts you have to travel to them for and are limited. They did do a collab with Binnys awhile back which was available here.

And yeah, that drive from Chicago blows, although we pass through Madison, WI which has some good breweries to make a day out of. I honestly only went because I entered and won a lottery for one of their BA stouts.
Yeah... I'd have to do some research on that one, to either hit up a few breweries and maybe fly into one city and fly out another to make the most of it.

And for the lighter side of Saturday drinking, Prairie Artisan Cocoa Berry. Their sours are kind of all over the place, but this one is pretty decent (disappointed in the "pastry" thing).

[Reply]
KCUnited 03:23 PM 02-27-2021
Awesome. Untitled Art is one I really don't understand. They're in Madison, WI which is where Mike is from so they're pretty tight, but I've just never been impressed with their beers yet they've done collabs with some big names like Angry Chair and even Bottle Logic (neapolitan stout).
I'm just stunned with the 30 day pick up window. That's unheard of here.

I've enjoyed a few Smog City IPAs while in LA for work, but none of their bigger beers. I'll check out the others you've recommended as well as I'll likely be flying some back with me. Their list is like a candy store.

They have Parish which Timbone has traded with me in the past. While on the smaller side, 6.8%, Rêve Coffee Stout is really good if you like coffee.

Unfortunately, its a quick turnaround for me. Literally hitting Kings straight from the airport, maybe a QuikTrip if y'all are allowing fountain drinks, then heading south for the border for a couple days before flying back.

I'll be down more frequently later in the year though and will give you a heads up.
Perusing my local Binny's today and saw this guy which flashed me back to these posts

Parish is a heavyweight and this is just okay at best so I have to conclude the meh is on the Untitled Art side

[Reply]
lewdog 03:34 PM 02-27-2021
Is that sunshine?!?!?!
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:36 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Is that sunshine?!?!?!
https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost...postcount=2234
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:48 PM 03-12-2021
First indoor brewery experience in a year for me. So that can only mean thicc boys for lunch

In an effort to appear more local, Goose is doing collabs with local hype breweries which is both smart and churning out legit delish beers. This round of collabs are with Phase Three here in Chicago

Left to right:

...I’m A Bird - imperial stout with panela, cocoa nibs and natural strawberry flavor

If You’re A Bird… - imperial stout brewed with panela, cocoa nibs and coconut

Phase Three Eunoia batch 4 (not a collab but guest tap) - imperial stout aged in Old Fitzgerald Wheated Bourbon casks with Vermont Maple Syrup and Madagascar Vanilla

[Reply]
Page 306 of 382
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316356 > Last »
Up