Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ping2000 09:06 PM 04-24-2020
Time to pop a Schmitts Gay.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 09:11 PM 04-24-2020
I’m friends with. a Mississippi State former player and his cousin coaches there. He said he’s a difference maker that’s aggressive, fast and will bring the fire! He’s been watching him since high school.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:12 PM 04-24-2020
The game against Alabama in the OP has me fairly concerned.

- Lots of hunting for the play and abandoning his gaps.

- Isn’t around the ball nearly as much as he should be.

- seems to move with a purpose, but for the sake of appearing to move with a purpose.

Im a bit skeptical of his ability to read a play and react. Am I off base with this?
[Reply]
kccrow 09:15 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Holy shit.

Did not realize you were related to Dorsey.

Be contrarian all you like. God knows every year people line up to blow x or y guy just drafted who doesn't amount to shit, but you've literally put forth nil of an argument against drafting him beyond a gut reactionary viewpoint.

You gotta surpass the, "It's my party & I'll cry if I want to" litmus test at the very least.
Another idiot that can't read. The average IQ of this place is about 10.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:20 PM 04-24-2020
Watch us take a lineman
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:20 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:

- seems to move with a purpose, but for the sake of appearing to move with a purpose.

Im a bit skeptical of his ability to read a play and react. Am I off base with this?

Well, that's the point. Gay should not be reading anything. As long as he is going in like a missile he's fine. Spags has a plan for him and as long as he is following that he will look great.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:21 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If you liked the Veach draft last year in retrospect why not give this one a chance before flipping out over it?
I'm giving House a chance to turn chicken shit into salad. I said I hoped for that in the original post. Veach definitely went BPA here, but it's Best Project Available. Staff has some work on their hands. DOD didn't pan out because he wasn't smart. This guy had issues with academic fraud and had a 14 Wonderlic. Not exactly a ringing endorsement is it? I have legitimate quarrels about trusting Veach on this one. I give Veach the benefit of the doubt far more often than I don't. Calling out one pick doesn't mean I don't think overall that Veach may have a good draft. I defended Helaire and I absolutely despise 1st round RB picks.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:24 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, that's the point. Gay should not be reading anything. As long as he is going in like a missile he's fine. Spags has a plan for him and as long as he is following that he will look great.
The problem I see, in that game, is he is going like a missile in the wrong direction most of the time.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:51 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Don’t know if anyone has noticed....

Our AFC competition is going to be Lamar Jackson and the Ravens for the foreseeable future...

Look at what the Ravens have done, and look at what we have done.

See any similarities?

Ravens Picks
Queen LB
Dobbins RB

Chiefs
Edwards-Helaire RB
Gay LB

These teams are so close..
One team has a Super Bowl MVP + regular season MVP QB who can run PLUS make all the throws, who is also a Super Bowl Champion.

One team has a regular season MVP running QB who can't read NFL defenses and hasn't won a single playoff game.

Not really close when it counts.
[Reply]
Coach 09:58 PM 04-24-2020
Here's a trend.

Start looking at absurd broad jumps as a way how Brett Veach looks at back 7 players, by the way.

Remember, Juan Thornhill last year tied the best broad jump by a safety at the NFL Combine in the last 20 years. And he definitely looked the part of a NFL player before the injury.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 10:07 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:

See any similarities?

Ravens Picks
Queen LB
Dobbins RB

Chiefs
Edwards-Helaire RB
Gay LB
We both have homosexual LBs?
[Reply]
Boon 10:09 PM 04-24-2020
Honey Badger, Frank Clark and Willie Gay. That is three motors firing at once. God help the other AFC West QBs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:15 PM 04-24-2020
https://3sigmaathlete.com/sparq-rank...os-linebacker/

Willie Gay
SPARQ score is 149
[Reply]
kccrow 10:17 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:

Not in my opinion, but obviously I'm completely off my rocker for disliking the pick...

Then, of course, the thing CP never gives credit towards:
Wonderlic 10 - 6th percentile. Scores below this mark are generally considered illiterate.
Wonderlic 14 - 16th percentile. Willie Gay, Jr. who is expected to come in and immediately learn how to play the position at an NFL level, learn the defensive playbook, and start in 2020 because CP.
Wonderlic 22 - 51st percentile. Scores around this mark (20, commonly) are generally considered average intelligence.
Wonderlic 0-9 - CP's finest.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:18 PM 04-24-2020
Nice to know Honey Badger wanted Gay phone number soon as he was drafted. Probably give him a talk keeping his head straight and just live up this dream.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 49
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up