ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 36
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
Fish 01:14 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
At the time of this discussion, I couldn't remember the source but I was reminded this morning. I know that most people don't read the Star Wars comics but they are/were part of canon:

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/02/p...ins-backstory/

In the Darth Plagueis novel from around that time it was inferred that she could be a problem for Darth Sidious. After the show was canceled, one of the last Dark Horse Star Wars comics Son of Dathomir hinted at some of this story. In the third issue, Talzin reveals that Sidious betrayed her and that Maul is in fact her son.

Long ago, Sidious came to me on Dathomir. We exchanged secret wisdom–mingled Dark Side abilities with Nightsister magicks.

He promised to make me his right hand, but instead he stole what was most dear to me… My own flesh and blood. My son!

---

Of course, this reveal doesn't make RoS any better (or any worse, for that matter) but it does show that Sith and Dark Siders did have affection for their offspring.
We already discussed this. Talzin was a Nightsister when she had kids. She initially fought against the Sith. That's not an example of Sith parenting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
We already discussed this. Talzin was a Nightsister when she had kids. She initially fought against the Sith. That's not an example of Sith parenting.
She clearly stated that they shared Dark Side Magic and that he promised to make her his Right Hand but instead, stole her child.

I don't think there's a huge difference between Dark Side Force Users and Sith in terms of their quest for power, so we'll just agree to disagree.

I would also imagine that future Star Wars properties will explore these types of relationships, making this tiny plot point moot.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:17 PM 12-30-2019
Lucas always said the main character in all the stories was Darth Vader. He was totally absent in these last 3 tho and I’d make the argument Palpatine is now the stories main character
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:48 PM 12-30-2019
I just want KK out of the picture entirely so we can get movies about the Old Republic.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:16 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I just want KK out of the picture entirely so we can get movies about the Old Republic.
I would be very, very surprised if Lucasfilm, regardless of who's running the the company, creates a movie set in the Old Republic.

FWIW, Benioff & Weiss were initially asked to run a TV series but they were interested in doing a trilogy of films that were set 30,000 years ago or more, centered around the first awareness of The Force and its original users.

The last thing Lucasfilm needs at this point in time is another huge box office disappointment and there is absolutely no doubt that a film set in the Old Republic would receive a massive backlash if it changed anything from the KOTOR games.

That's not an interesting project to any B-Listers, let alone, A-Listers.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:53 PM 12-31-2019
Disney+ seems like a good platform for a course correction (I typed 'force correction' lol).

I'm just not sure what they can do now, film wise. Hell, what if they'd waited 5 years and done Solo as a limited series. Maybe it's a monumental success for Disney+ instead of a borderline flop in theaters. Like they're doing with Obi-wan.

But now that they've exhausted the nostalgia boost from the original trilogy in the sequels, they're going to have to find a new well to draw from. But I'm not sure what they can do that would have a wide appeal. Everything we've talked about here, like the Old Republic era, is niche, not broad appeal. The trick is how to get the other 85% of the public who doesn't give a shit about video games or expanded universe/legends novels into theaters.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Disney+ seems like a good platform for a course correction (I typed 'force correction' lol).

I'm just not sure what they can do now, film wise. Hell, what if they'd waited 5 years and done Solo as a limited series. Maybe it's a monumental success for Disney+ instead of a borderline flop in theaters. Like they're doing with Obi-wan.
TV is the best option. HBO/Netflix/Dismey+ have the money. The eyeballs now. They usually leave the creators alone to do their thing. Properly fund the shows. It doesn't have the stigma of inferiority anymore. All of the A-listers have done TV now.

I think filmmakers like Tarantino after his last movie will excel at a one time 6-8 episode arc format. His first cuts are always 3.5+ hours anyway. He can flesh out the story and characters in a way that you cant in a 2 hour movie.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:28 PM 12-30-2019
Saw it tonight. I liked it. It was fun. Abrams certainly knows how to keep a movie propelling forward.

I just didn’t understand a lot of it. How did Palpatine rise from the dead? He was just hanging out building a massive hidden fleet for years?

And where did he recruit a massive army of people to be loyal to him? why would you be loyal to this evil undead asshole again??
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:04 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I just didn’t understand a lot of it. How did Palpatine rise from the dead? He was just hanging out building a massive hidden fleet for years?

And where did he recruit a massive army of people to be loyal to him? why would you be loyal to this evil undead asshole again??
Palpatine died on the Death Star and was resurrected by Sith followers on the hidden planet of Exogol, which was located in the Unknown Regions.

The Sith followers built the fleet, which was also hidden on Exogol.

Personally, I like the idea of his resurrection via Sith Black Magic and the Dark Side, which "Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural", as opposed to him just transferring his spirit into multiple clones over the years.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:45 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Palpatine died on the Death Star and was resurrected by Sith followers on the hidden planet of Exogol, which was located in the Unknown Regions.

The Sith followers built the fleet, which was also hidden on Exogol.

Personally, I like the idea of his resurrection via Sith Black Magic and the Dark Side, which "Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural", as opposed to him just transferring his spirit into multiple clones over the years.
Just wish they would have explained that a little better. I liked the film overall.

Have you heard anything about this? The speculation out there is that they changed the ending. Kylo was originally going to live and it was him who was the ‘Rise is Skywalker’. Not Rey. If that’s true, glad they changed it. I like this ending Better.

The shot of Daisy “standing in front of the twin suns” is very clearly taken from the footage of her standing on Passana, waiting for the Tie Fighter. pic.twitter.com/NWtBQUz3Jc

— benjamin chewbacca organa skywalker solo (@im_organa) December 30, 2019

[Reply]
Sorry 01:48 AM 12-31-2019
I just don’t like the... well palpatine was behind everything! “Curtain drop”. Felt like a corny sat cartoon episode.

Jj made an interesting film and let’s not deny the visuals weren’t stunning
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:46 AM 12-31-2019
Best thing about this movie to me was the entire Finn, Poe and Rey relationship. Glad they put that front and center. They absolutely nailed the casting with these guys. I like them and enjoy spending time with them. Every scene they were all together was a lot of fun.

I even like Adam Drivers Kylo a lot too. Although, I’m not really sure why he decided to turn at that moment? I would guess Leia and Han had tried many times to get him to turn back?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 12-31-2019
Best thing about this movie to me was the entire Finn, Poe and Rey relationship. Glad they put that front and center. They absolutely nailed the casting with these guys. I like them and enjoy spending time with them. Every scene they were all together was a lot of fun.
Wow.

No. Just, no.

There was more chemistry with three kids who knew jack and shit about acting in the original Harry Potter.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:05 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow.

No. Just, no.

There was more chemistry with three kids who knew jack and shit about acting in the original Harry Potter.
TFA Finn and Rey were more interesting....after that they went to shit. No emotions, no real good interaction at all. Just terrible characters that I didn't really care about.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:07 PM 12-31-2019
Although, I’m not really sure why he decided to turn at that moment? I would guess Leia and Han had tried many times to get him to turn back?
Because he realized that it was the resurrected Palpatine, not Snoke or his grandfather, Darth Vader, that made him turn to the Dark Side. It wasn't Vader speaking to him, it was Palpatine the entire time.

He also felt guilt about killing his father, Han Solo, which is what that scene represented.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 36
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up