ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 140
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:09 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
This x 1000.

We just added a 25 year old Uber stud and all people care about is “OMG VEACH SUCKS AT TRADES”.

Guess what: we still have two seconds in a good second round. The chances that 29 becomes a guy as half as good as Clark are slim to none, and we’re trying to win now, so....
I can't wait to watch everybody bitch about how much the defense sucks this year.

It was always going to suck, but the improvements we're going to make with Clark are negligible. It's a transition year. We've still got question marks all over this unit, and the players who in theory should be right with the program are still going to make mental errors.

It's a bad deal.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:09 PM 04-23-2019
Edge rushers are valuable, but they aren't nearly as valuable as guys who can generate push up the middle in today's NFL. How many times do you watch Brady distribute the ball much faster than an edge rusher could get to him?

For this massive compensation package and a massive contract and still needing help at corner and elsewhere, now losing multiple picks... not sure I like it.

This offseason has been positive but Frank Clark might be a bridge too far
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 04-23-2019
You just gave a high level DL coach 2 young ascending players....

This defense is improving, everyone should be thrilled yet here is bitching.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we fucking draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For fuck's sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to fucking suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really fucking hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

He's horrible. He might be the weakest GM we've had since before Carl.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.
:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:09 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If the talent sucks does it matter that it's cheap?

Would you rather have Jaylon Ferguson than Clark cause he's cheaper? I mean honestly...
Afuckingmen.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:09 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
For what we gave up we could have easily used that to move into the top 20 maybe even top 15. And by doing that you add a high potential player and still have $20-25m to spend.
1. Frank Clark is one of a handful of players worth a huge contract.
2. The difference is NOT 20-25 million, it sounds RIDICULOUS when you say that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
welll except for Veech being the main reason we have Mahomes under center. The best goddamn draft pick of all time.
You don't get 100 mulligans for being a good scout with a QB boner. As far as I'm concerned, that pick is bought and paid for.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:10 PM 04-23-2019
draft picks are much more valuable because of the contracts you get that goes along with the drafted player. We are gonna break the bank for this guy and will be sad as fuck in a season or two.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:10 PM 04-23-2019
So everyone here seems to agree that impact players aren't found outside the first round. So I guess maybe by year 3 or 4 Veach might finally draft his own impact player?

In 2-3 years this is going to be an extremely top heavy team with holes and very little depth.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I have to face facts:

Our GM is a ****ing schlub who gets walked on and ****ed like a little bitch. And I can guarantee you his picks are going to ****ing suck too.

Put down the pipe, man.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I have to face facts:

Our GM is a fucking schlub who gets walked on and fucked like a little bitch. And I can guarantee you his picks are going to fucking suck too.
Oh, you GUARANTEE it?
[Reply]
JakeF 12:11 PM 04-23-2019
Isn't Frank Clark on the last year of his contract?

17.8m base salary this year and is almost assuredly going to announce a new contract with him soon. So all the money we just cut is going to be added back again and in the same position.

Running in place.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by milkman:
The question is this.

Is Clark so much better than Ford, or did Veach get fleaced on both deals?
Did you see Albert Breer’s tweet about him asking around about this?
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:11 PM 04-23-2019
SPAGS
[Reply]
BossChief 12:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Some of you are just complete morons.

If nothing else, take solace in the fact that this should mean Hill is in the clear.
Can you explain this?

To me, it seems like once Hills name went in the media the team looked for other ways to spend his $
[Reply]
Page 14 of 140
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up