ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 176
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:04 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hosmer is going to be a Royal like I have said along.
Good I hope this stays true!!

Hosmer is my all time favorite baseball player I about love him as much if not more than Derrick Thomas actually.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:05 PM 12-18-2017
I'm sure Boras was pushing the 200m number with the Red Sox and they just weren't having it. Hos just isn't good enough for that number, and I'm sure the Red Sox realized they weren't getting him unless they overpaid.

JD is a better fit for their needs any way.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:16 PM 12-18-2017
@JonHeyman: trade market now appears to be holding up free agent market. lots of big names being mentioned in trades, though no certainty many of them will move: machado, mccutchen, abreu, cole, duffy, archer, longoria, avisail, colome, herrera, harrison, kipnis, hernandez, merrifield, etc.

@jcrasnick: Mike Moustakas hasn't generated much buzz on the FA market and the #Redsox appear to have moved on from Eric Hosmer. You have to think the #Royals are a little more upbeat about their chances of bringing back Hosmer and/or Moose than they were a few weeks ago.

@rustindodd: If the Royals re-signed Eric Hosmer, it likely wouldn't change their overall rebuilding plans. But they've long been interested at the right price. He potentially fits the long-term timeline better than Moustakas or Cain.

@Buster_ESPN: It could be that Eric Hosmer's choices are down to this:
1. Heir to George Brett-type legacy in K.C., retired number, rebuilding situation, a healthy payday
2. Mentor for the Padres, rebuilding situation, more money (presumably).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:39 PM 12-18-2017
If Hosmer moves on to the Padres for a really big deal ($150 million plus), I'm still OK with that.

But if he settles in around 5:100, I think KC can still find a way to play in Thah territory if he lets them backload a bit. They have a lot of bad money coming off the books after 2018.

They'd almost certainly have to move Herrera and Soria to make that workable, but it's do-able.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:50 PM 12-18-2017
He's a complete jackass if he sells out to go rebuild with the freaking Padres.

I could understand leaving for the Red Sox or Yankees, but that just ain't acceptable. A real human being would see that there is/was something special here that you don't often find, not to mention all his close friends, and that isn't worth leaving behind for a few extra million in your pocket.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:00 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

I could understand leaving for the Red Sox or Yankees, but that just ain't acceptable. A real human being would see that there is/was something special here that you don't often find, not to mention all his close friends, and that isn't worth leaving behind for a few extra million in your pocket.
He'll have close friends if he stays in KC, but the question is how many?

Salvy is the only near-guarantee for hanging around longterm. Well, and I guess Gordon as well only because of his awful contract. Esky, Cain, and Moose are all free agents. The only remainders from the pitching staff that took them to the WS are Duffy and Herrera, both of whom are getting talked about as trade. And even a solid dependable young and cheap player that any team could win a WS with as a starter in Whit Merrifield is getting put through the rumor mill.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:10 PM 12-18-2017

Speculation and nothing more, at this point: One evaluator suggests that if Mike Moustakas's slow-moving market doesn't develop, he'd be a great one-year fit with the NYY. Play for a year in Yankee Stadium, feast on RF porch in a deep lineup, go back into market next fall.

— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 18, 2017

[Reply]
lewdog 06:13 PM 12-18-2017
I think the Padres get Hosmer with a decent offer. His current asking price is too much but I don't see the Royals matching what the Padres will likely put up. Once signed to a big contract in SD, his career will die like the rest of the big contracts given to players to play for the Padres. God rest his soul.

I am shocked with the limited buzz on Moustakas. Literally almost nothing big mentioned. Teams scared of that knee?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:49 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I think the Padres get Hosmer with a decent offer. His current asking price is too much but I don't see the Royals matching what the Padres will likely put up. Once signed to a big contract in SD, his career will die like the rest of the big contracts given to players to play for the Padres. God rest his soul.

I am shocked with the limited buzz on Moustakas. Literally almost nothing big mentioned. Teams scared of that knee?
Declining defense and power being in such high supply has to be really hurting Moose at this point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:49 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Is he a jackass if the Padres offer means an additional $50 million or more?

What KC has to sell Hosmer is being the local legend. If he signs this deal with KC, he has a chance to make a ton of money while cementing his status as a KC hero.

I think it's a thing he values. We will see how it plays out.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:05 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Declining defense and power being in such high supply has to be hurting him at this point.
It's also an even year and there are 2 things we know about even years.

1) The Giants will be amazing
2) Hosmer wont be good
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:31 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It's also an even year and there are 2 things we know about even years.

1) The Giants will be amazing
2) Hosmer wont be good
I was referring to Moose, but yeah, similar logic applies to Hos. I don't think he anticipated that his big contract could come down to a bidding war between the Royals and Padres.

What's interesting is I haven't seen a single Padres fan who wants him.
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:51 PM 12-18-2017
if the Padres sign Hosmer what do they do with Myers, move him back to the OF where he will get hurt?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:57 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
That's complete bullshit. We don't get a 1st round sandwich pick in that scenario.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:08 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
if the Padres sign Hosmer what do they do with Myers, move him back to the OF where he will get hurt?
They will move him back to RF Jorge Soler style.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 176
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up