Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
bevischief 10:41 PM 10-14-2018
Hunt has decisions.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:42 PM 10-14-2018
Bottom line is right now this is on Veach even though it’s not really fair bc he’s had 1 offseason.

Hitchens, Ragland and Fuller have been big disappointments.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Because those top notch DC's are just sitting out there waiting for a job... They aren't coaching now for a reason...
Nobody is fixing this defense right now. Veach failed this past offseason. The entire draft was about defensive attitude and there's no other way to paint other than to say it was a complete failure.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:43 PM 10-14-2018
His draft looks like a shithole, his defensive offseason in general didn't help you could argue the defense is now worse and more expensive with his moves.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:44 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Oh, that's easy, "I'm sorry Bob, I'm going to need more cap space on O because we need to score fiddy-two points if we have any chance of winning. You and your guys get ice cream, but NO SPRINKLES"
:-):-)

Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's also time to admit the 3-4 is a dead defense.
^^^^GOD BLESS THIS MAN AND THE TRUTH HE SPEAKS!

I fucking HATE the 3-4 and DESPISE Pissholi for bringing that goddamned abortion here,
and I fucking HATE Sutton's "3-4/4-3 Sybil"-fucking defense too!

We have COMPLETELY LOST our defensive identity as a franchise since that goddamned heathen Scooter Pissholi was hired, and I WANT THE MOTHERFUCKER BACK.

We can start by completely wiping the slate clean sans a few players, and by hiring a goddamned D-Coord who eats, sleeps, breathes, and lives aggressive, unapologetic, full-contact defense with a primary emphasis of getting to the QB and winning your man to man match-ups.
The Chiefs don't need a number-crunching "genius" with an overly fat playbook to match Reid; they need a GENERAL with a fat fucking boot to apply to weak minds and asses.
[Reply]
Coach 10:44 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wish there was actually a chance of them doing it but I just don't see it.

It's like wishing for Eric Berry to suit up tonight.
Yeah, the whole change approach is going to have to wait until after this offseason to make it happen, unfortunately.

The Chiefs should had done it this past season after the Titans game. They dropped the ball there. That being said, they still can make the changes after this season, while Mahomes is still on his rookie contract.

And the Chiefs cannot afford to make any dumbass moves (like Hitchens coming from a 4-3 to a 3-4).
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:44 PM 10-14-2018
That's not an exaggeration either. That's what is really frustrating. The center was getting a free release to the 2nd level nearly every down and hitting Hitchens. Meanwhile, Ragland is shooting the wrong gap or picking his nose or whatever he does, leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the defense.
I wish we ran a 4-3, and we could put two hogs in the middle, simply because it would help keep the offensive line from getting to the linebackers on nearly every damn play.

DJ was great at staying back and running to the ball, and even though he had battled injuries, and was definitely slowing down, I think he would still be the best linebacker on this team.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Valiant 10:44 PM 10-14-2018
Firing Bob Sutton won't change what happened on the scoreboard. Not when your starting defense's best players are guys like Allen Bailey and Orlando Scandrick.
A coach should have a gameplan to his players strengths. Sutton does not do that. The 3 man rushes, not hiding what we are doing and lastly not coaching this react softness they have is all him.

They wont ever be elite. But they can be 20th good. Especially with the offense forcing most teams one dimensional.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:45 PM 10-14-2018
To be fair....

Bob Sutton didn't call that bad of a game.

This team simply doesn't have talent on the D side of the ball.

All of the talent is on offense.

This defense CAN NOT tackle worth a fucking shit. What do you expect Sutton to do when the team can't tackle?

Def the worst Chiefs D I've seen since 2003.

Speaks is so fucking terrible.

I'd almost be willing to see what Tamba Hali is up to. - I mean seriously, what else does this defense have to lose? This team signed Frank fucking Zombo. Speaks is the worrst 34OLB in the NFL, he has no business playing the position. Hali coming off couch is better than both of those pieces of shit.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:46 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bottom line is right now this is on Veach even though it’s not really fair bc he’s had 1 offseason.

Hitchens, Ragland and Fuller have been big disappointments.
Fuller would look really good if he was next to Peters right now. He just isn't ready, or just isn't, a #1. Doesn't help that he gets zero competent help from the safety position.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:46 PM 10-14-2018
Juan Castillo DC dumpster fire in Philly and Andy didn’t fire him.

He’s loyal to a fault.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
A coach should have a gameplan to his players strengths. Sutton does not do that. The 3 man rushes, not hiding what we are doing and lastly not coaching this react softness they have is all him.

They wont ever be elite. But they can be 20th good. Especially with the offense forcing most teams one dimensional.
What strengths?

You're fooling yourself if you think this team can be 20th good.
[Reply]
bevischief 10:48 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How does money make them slow?
Personal trainers...
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:48 PM 10-14-2018
The defense has been in decline for years now with nothing being done to stop it.

Essentially no quality defensive players have been drafted in the last 5 drafts besides Chris Jones. (and Peters who of course they decided was too toxic to keep around)

That's why we are in the state we're in.
[Reply]
Coach 10:48 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
To be fair....

Bob Sutton didn't call that bad of a game.

This team simply doesn't have talent on the D side of the ball.

All of the talent is on offense.

This defense CAN NOT tackle worth a fucking shit. What do you expect Sutton to do when the team can't tackle?

Def the worst Chiefs D I've seen since 2003.

Speaks is so fucking terrible.

I'd almost be willing to see what Tamba Hali is up to. - I mean seriously, what else does this defense have to lose? This team signed Frank fucking Zombo. Speaks is the worrst 34OLB in the NFL, he has no business playing the position. Hali coming off couch is better than both of those pieces of shit.
And here's the thing. The Chiefs are so bad at evaluating talent on defense. Why the fuck would you want to take your DT/DE in college, and move him to a OLB?

It just does not make sense to me. Common sense would say that, whatever position that guy play, have him play that damn position, not to another position that is completely foreign to him.

It's that kind of shit the Chiefs used to do when they were trying to make safeties into corners, a while back.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 298
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up