ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 151
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 08:15 PM 01-21-2020
Yeah, wtf is wrong with that guy? I don't even mind him standing over that little punk that stole the ball. But that was as far as it should go. However, it looked like some other ksu player took exception to that and maybe pushed Dsouza over a chair.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:23 PM 01-21-2020
Holy Cow, what a sad ending that was to a basketball game that wasn't even close.

Just plum stupid by all players from both teams.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:24 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, wtf is wrong with that guy? I don't even mind him standing over that little punk that stole the ball. But that was as far as it should go. However, it looked like some other ksu player took exception to that and maybe pushed Dsouza over a chair.
The announcers said Souza threw punches? I didnt see that it looked like a KSU player ran up and tried? I saw him pick up the chair?
[Reply]
sedated 08:27 PM 01-21-2020
At least SDS didnt actually hit anyone with that chair. Punches were thrown but even after watching all the replays it was tough to see everyone who did, it was chaos.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:28 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The announcers said Souza threw punches? I didnt see that it looked like a KSU player ran up and tried? I saw him pick up the chair?
My wife and I watched the replay several times.

De Sousa threw punches. McCormack ran into the middle and tried to throw punches. Garrett got in the middle of it too, but you couldn’t tell what he did.

My guess is De Sousa is off the team. Garrett and McCormack might get suspended.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:28 PM 01-21-2020
De Sousa definitely threw a punch. I don't think he threw the first one, but he definitely did. It looked like Jeremy Case grabbed the chair out of his hands at the last second.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:29 PM 01-21-2020
The K State guy in street clothes was really stirring it up. He was probably talking a lot of shit throughout the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:29 PM 01-21-2020

IT’S GETTING ROWDY IN KANSAS (via @riley_gates) pic.twitter.com/1IYNW0z8oB

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) January 22, 2020

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:30 PM 01-21-2020

Ugly fight erupts at the end of the Kansas State-Kansas game.

(via @espn)pic.twitter.com/OwonUsHVVF

— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 22, 2020

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:31 PM 01-21-2020
That was a straight up brawl. All over a GD block and a little gamesmanship.

Nice job controlling the guys, Bruce.
[Reply]
sedated 08:33 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
My guess is De Sousa is off the team. Garrett and McCormack might get suspended.
Off the team?

Eh, seems extreme, he didn't actually hit anyone with it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:34 PM 01-21-2020
I was completely okay with the swat and a bit of a stare down.

If you steal the ball and try to score when the other team is just running the clock out in a blowout, don’t be mad if the other team keeps playing too.

No need to throw punches. Picking up the stool was way over the line.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:35 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Off the team?

Eh, seems extreme, he didn't actually hit anyone with it.
I think he’s already in Selfs dog house though. The punches probably wouldn’t do it, but picking up the stool is going too far. The intent was there.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:37 PM 01-21-2020
Lets get this straight, DeSousa didn't do that because he was protecting AFH or anything like that. Part of it was he was pissed off from getting so little playing time. He was already pouting. Hard to blame the kid, he's been anxious to play and it just hasn't panned out. The first thing he did wrong was for some reason thinking he should take the ball up the court instead of give it to a walk on guard. But whatever, just wasn't very smart.

The K-State guy stealing the ball is pretty cringeworthy, but you are losing by 20 points, and a guy dribbles the ball loosely right in front of you. Very difficult to fault that guy to me a whole lot. I've always been a proponent of playing until the whistle. I don't even care if you run up the score on me, I'd rather you do that than give me mercy. But thats just me. I'm never going to fault a guy for doing that.

Arguably the worst parts of this debacle was when DeSousa stood over him like a dbag after the block. It's one thing if he falls right at your feet, he had to run over quite a distance to talk his shit.

The biggest dumbass in all of this is the k-state player in a polo who comes out attacking DeSousa. I don't even mind the punch in response to that a whole lot, but then when he picked up the chair that really bothered me. I don't care if you used it or not, the intent is there. Otherwise he wouldn't grab the chair, hold it above his head while thinking about doing something with it. Ultimately he's not as dumb as the Steelers guy who bashed Rudolph with his helmet to kudos for that.

I do not support throwing him off the team. That is ridiculous. Kids make mistakes. I don't even support suspending him for the year. I hope he gets a 3-4 games and call it a day, hopefully learning from this.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:41 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lets get this straight, DeSousa didn't do that because he was protecting AFH or anything like that. Part of it was he was pissed off from getting so little playing time. He was already pouting. Hard to blame the kid, he's been anxious to play and it just hasn't panned out. The first thing he did wrong was for some reason thinking he should take the ball up the court instead of give it to a walk on guard. But whatever, just wasn't very smart.

The K-State guy stealing the ball is pretty cringeworthy, but you are losing by 20 points, and a guy dribbles the ball loosely right in front of you. Very difficult to fault that guy to me a whole lot. I've always been a proponent of playing until the whistle. I don't even care if you run up the score on me, I'd rather you do that than give me mercy. But thats just me. I'm never going to fault a guy for doing that.

Arguably the worst parts of this debacle was when DeSousa stood over him like a dbag after the block. It's one thing if he falls right at your feet, he had to run over quite a distance to talk his shit.

The biggest dumbass in all of this is the k-state player in a polo who comes out attacking DeSousa. I don't even mind the punch in response to that a whole lot, but then when he picked up the chair that really bothered me. I don't care if you used it, the intent to use something like that as a weapon is enough.

I do not support throwing him off the team. That is ridiculous. Kids make mistakes. I don't even support suspending him for the year. I hope he gets a 3-4 games and call it a day, hopefully learning from this.
I wouldn’t support throwing him off the team because of this incident alone. Your first point is why I think he’s gone though. If I had to guess, I would bet there is already some bad blood between Self and him due to his lack of PT. De Sousa doesn’t really look to be enjoying himself too much this year and Self clearly isn’t happy with his play or he would be playing more.

I’m gonna guess that attitude issues have come out at practice before this. This is probably the icing on the cake though.

Again, all guesses and assumptions on my part.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 151
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Up