ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2132 of 2687
« First < 1132163220322082212221282129213021312132 21332134213521362142218222322632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Who knows what Skip’s real opinions even are, he’s a well paid TV troll that takes anti LeBron and Mahomes positions to make “good” television.
His trollery is there because he's trying to tell a story and get people riled up, you're right.

And Mangini is paid to do the same by being a shill for Belichick fuckery.

But the problem for him is when he does his troll act, you can tell he's in pain and forced to acknowledge what a second-rate coach he actually is.

That's the delicious part that I will bathe in.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:09 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Terrible throw, but a bad decision on 4th and inches by Reid. 30 yard throw or run it up the middle?
Did you see our running game tonight? The RB's got multiple chances to get 1 yard and they couldn't. CEH and Williams vision were garbage... granted the Oline didn't open much up for them either.

Also, that play to Hardman was WIDE fucking open, so the play calling can't be blamed there... that was just a shitty pass by Pat.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:22 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Did you see our running game tonight? The RB's got multiple chances to get 1 yard and they couldn't. CEH and Williams vision were garbage... granted the Oline didn't open much up for them either.

Also, that play to Hardman was WIDE fucking open, so the play calling can't be blamed there... that was just a shitty pass by Pat.
Don't use the RB's with a normal handoff. Put in Blake Bell, Kelce, or the FB and let them do a QB sneak under center. The shitty pass by Mahomes is exactly why you run the ball there. It's 4th and inches. Put in one of your big dudes under center and let him sneak it.
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:24 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Don't use the RB's with a normal handoff. Put in Blake Bell, Kelce, or the FB and let them do a QB sneak under center. The shitty pass by Mahomes is exactly why you run the ball there. It's 4th and inches. Put in one of your big dudes under center and let him sneak it.
In some cases I would agree, but that play was well designed, wide open... and Pat hits that 9/10 times.

Was just a fluke shitter...

Lets face it... the shovel pass has been used and abused and is now predictable. The fullback play was already used up, and I think even Blake Bell had already used up his designed short yardage play.
I think the Chargers were expecting some cute Andy bullshit play at the goal line and that is the exact reason the play to Hardman was that wide open.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:30 AM 12-17-2021
In some cases I would agree, but that play was well designed, wide open... and Pat hits that 9/10 times.

Was just a fluke shitter...

Lets face it... the shovel pass has been used and abused and is now predictable. The fullback play was already used up, and I think even Blake Bell had already used up his designed short yardage play.
I think the Chargers were expecting some cute Andy bullshit play at the goal line and that is the exact reason the play to Hardman was that wide open.
I don't think Mahomes would hit that throw 9/10 times, definitely not this year with how he has struggled at times. It was all the way across the field, not exactly a 5 yard throw. Requires proper execution on both ends. If it wasn't Mahomes messing up the throw, it also could have been a Hardman drop or whatever could go wrong. QB sneak or TE/FB sneak up the middle IMHO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:34 AM 12-17-2021
Man - Mahomes just self-scouts like nobody's business:

Sure, he dumps on himself on the Hardman pass, but the really impressive one is the 2-pointer they converted when he's like "Yeah, everyone was open and for some reason I didn't throw it..."

Guy sees everything and he knows everything he does wrong the second he does it. He's just damn impressive.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:38 AM 12-17-2021

Also, that play to Hardman was WIDE ****ing open, so the play calling can't be blamed there... that was just a shitty pass by Pat.
The thing is, we shouldn't be running primarily shotgun on 2nd, 3rd and 4th in shorts. We can exploit this situation much easier by running plays under center and being WILLING to QB sneak.
[Reply]
Danguardace 12:52 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The thing is, we shouldn't be running primarily shotgun on 2nd, 3rd and 4th in shorts. We can exploit this situation much easier by running plays under center and being WILLING to QB sneak.
Whole NFL does this stuff i just don't get it. Chiefs running plays are so slow developing at times against speed they just get swallowed up. Look at the fb dive just gotta challenge the line of scrimmage
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:54 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I disagree with QB sneaks. I do not want Pat at the bottom of a pile again.

That said, I do agree that it would be nice to see Pat under center more often, and include it in some play action. This RPO from shotgun gets a bit stale every play considering our RB's/OL can't really make the run game scary enough for Defenses to care about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:56 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Guy sees everything and he knows everything he does wrong the second he does it. He's just damn impressive.
And elite enough to recover from TWO mistakes in the span of 3 seconds.

I LOVE

HAVING PATRICK MAHOMES

ON MY TEAM!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:56 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man - Mahomes just self-scouts like nobody's business:

Sure, he dumps on himself on the Hardman pass, but the really impressive one is the 2-pointer they converted when he's like "Yeah, everyone was open and for some reason I didn't throw it..."

And Chief Fan will still shit on him due to those few bad plays.

Damn glad 15's our QB even if we don't always deserve him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:57 AM 12-17-2021
Man, Mahomes missed Hardman TWICE for TDs tonight.

He left a 5 TD game on the board FFS.

We could have dropped 45 points!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I believe he missed Pringle and Kelce at least once, though there may have been some overlap there.

I mean he was not good for most of that game and it's absolutely fine to point that out. And for one of the few times I've ever seen from him, he looked sped up. He looked a little bit rattled.

But like Andy said in the presser - he's going to just keep firing; he's unique like that.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:01 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I'm prob wrong, but body language tips to Mahomes and Hardman not really being tight. I don't think he has much confidence in Hardman actually doing his job.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:02 AM 12-17-2021
I disagree with QB sneaks. I do not want Pat at the bottom of a pile again.

That said, I do agree that it would be nice to see Pat under center more often, and include it in some play action. This RPO from shotgun gets a bit stale every play considering our RB's/OL can't really make the run game scary enough for Defenses to care about it.
Why? We have a plethora of data indicating it is an extremely low risk, low impact, low probability of injury play. Tom Brady is 44 still QB sneaking it up ppl ass with no problems.

This is just being afraid of monsters under the bed.

I agree though we are to heavily reliant on RPO. Why cant we do both depending on the matchup?
[Reply]
Page 2132 of 2687
« First < 1132163220322082212221282129213021312132 21332134213521362142218222322632 > Last »
Up