ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 35
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump suggests delaying November election
Fish 09:33 AM 07-30-2020
:-)

With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 30, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 09:07 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And why is that?
Cause he said so man.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:09 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
mail in voting is unconstitutional
The Constitution spells out the date of when a presidential term ends and when electoral representatives gather. Whats your source for mail in voting being unconstitutional? My understanding is voting procedure is left to the states.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:10 AM 07-31-2020
Biden = McCain ie loser
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:13 AM 07-31-2020
Results arenít FINAL until an election is certified. Just because they claim a winner on election night doesnít mean that things canít change.

Are provisional ballots an issue?
Why not just admit you didn't actually read the story in the tweet? The point is there could be a delay of weeks in the results due to the large volume of mail in ballots.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/13/87581...-week-or-month

Originally Posted by :
"We really need to get into a mindset that we will not know who the winner of the election is on election night," said Nathaniel Persily, an election law professor at Stanford University.

[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:15 AM 07-31-2020

"I got hairy legs!"
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why not just admit you didn't actually read the story in the tweet? The point is there could be a delay of weeks in the results due to the large volume of mail in ballots.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/13/87581...-week-or-month
I read the story.

Whatís the issue? People are so fucking impatient about getting results. The shit doesnít end at 8 pm on election night.

But it wonít matter because of the winner isnít picked at 8:05, then people are going to scream fraud.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 07-31-2020
In 2016 and 2018......372 cases of fraud out of 14.6 million mail in/absentee ballots.

.0025%
[Reply]
Raiderhader 09:23 AM 07-31-2020
I read the story.

Whatís the issue? People are so fucking impatient about getting results. The shit doesnít end at 8 pm on election night.

But it wonít matter because of the winner isnít picked at 8:05, then people are going to scream fraud.
A matter of weeks may not be important if the incumbent wins but, if the challenger wins it's that much less time to accommodate a complicated transition process.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
A matter of weeks may not be important if the incumbent wins but, if the challenger wins it's that much less time to accommodate a complicated transition process.
Itís going to be complicated anyways because of the division right now.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 09:25 AM 07-31-2020
Historically, fraud only works in a close election. This is going to be a blowout. Plus, all the states pushing mail in voting are blue, any way. Much ado about nothing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:29 AM 07-31-2020
What happens if on election night....Trump is losing.

And then two weeks after all of the mail in votes are counted.....he wins.

Is that fraud? Is mail in voting still garbage?

The problem with politicians....is that they can’t accept fucking losing. There’s no way that I lost! It was fraud!
[Reply]
Nixhex 09:30 AM 07-31-2020
I get mail that don't belong to me all the time. The postal service accuracy is not reliable enough for mass mail in voting. Democrats & Republicans should both be against this if they want a fair election as it can/will lead to their votes possibly not being counted.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:30 AM 07-31-2020
What happens if on election night....Trump is losing.

And then two weeks after all of the mail in votes are counted.....he wins.

Is that fraud? Is mail in voting still garbage?

The problem with politicians....is that they canít accept fucking losing. Thereís no way that I lost! It was fraud!
You're right, but in general we know why certain sides lean the way they do with this stuff.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Nixhex:
I get mail that don't belong to me all the time. The postal service accuracy is not reliable enough for mass mail in voting. Democrats & Republicans should both be against this if they want a fair election as it can/will lead to their votes possibly not being counted.
Itís only been going on in Oregon for 20 years.....and it works just fine.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 09:36 AM 07-31-2020
Itís going to be complicated anyways because of the division right now.
So let's make it more complicated by reducing the amount of time to get it done. Makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 35
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up