ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 33
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
Hydrae 03:46 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by booger:
Good vid for people to look at on the Leo spot on some of their under looks.
Remember Reid interviewed their DC Dennis Allen before hiring Spags. So just in that way you get an idea what they look for in the weak side DE. And he fits the mold of the strong pursuit, high motor relentless type players Veach has brought up since the Speaks pick. It’s not flashy and lightning first step but it’s a solid rotational piece. And they do need a veteran as they tear down the old D and build it back up.
Me likey! Stout on the run, gets off blocks well, and some not bad moves to the QB as well. This could be a very good pickup for a relatively cheap price.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:46 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
This forum starting to understand Veach isn’t a good GM yet? Or is it gonna take more time?
I hope you contract the latest, and greatest, new and exotic form of AIDS. You should drink some antifreeze, though, in the meantime to ease the transition
[Reply]
YontsRBake 03:46 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
come back after the draft when he reaches on a guy no ones heard of with the first
I think spending 8 mil per year on a guy with 14 sacks in the last 4 years after tradinga guy with 13 in the last season instead of paying him 16m is enough.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:48 PM 03-14-2019
This forum starting to understand Veach isn’t a good GM yet? Or is it gonna take more time?
:-)

Truthfully, we don’t know one way or another yet. Personally, I think the guy has a vision and it’s going to come together piece by piece.

You’re the type to hate that Ford trade now, but when a year or two goes by and cap space is harder to find, you’re gonna be damn glad he has that extra 2nd rounder that is a cheap, talented player.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:48 PM 03-14-2019
I think spending 8 mil per year on a guy with 14 sacks in the last 4 years after tradinga guy with 13 in the last season instead of paying him 16m is enough.
It’s $6M per year. Incentives are built in.

Read. The. Posts.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:48 PM 03-14-2019
im personally withholding judgement till after this season ends. but i might get emotional post draft if he doesn't do what my armchair-gm ass wants
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:49 PM 03-14-2019
Jesus Christ.. You FB/Twatter fans do know there's more to defensive football than sacks, correct?
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:49 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I am REALLY curious what Houston goes for.

I'm telling you, I still think that guy is a letter-perfect SDE here. I'd be pretty disappointed to see him sign somewhere for a reasonable figure that we could've brought him back under.

I do wonder if there aren't more hard feelings among the 'old guard' here than we were led to believe. Those contract negotiations in '15 and '16 seem to have rubbed that group of players (Houston, Berry and Hali) pretty raw.
I don't see how or why. All three of those guys got paid out the ass.

Did Dorsey fuck their sisters while at the negotiating table or what?
[Reply]
YontsRBake 03:50 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Truthfully, we don’t know one way or another yet. Personally, I think the guy has a vision and it’s going to come together piece by piece.

You’re the type to hate that Ford trade now, but when a year or two goes by and cap space is harder to find, you’re gonna be damn glad he has that extra 2nd rounder that is a cheap, talented player.
And when a year goes by we’ll still be paying this garbage 8 mil per year instead of a guy who will have 12+ sacks next season.

Pretty sure the result will be the opposite.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:50 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Or when Ford misses half if next season with a back injury, a topic I'm VERY familiar and well versed in...
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:52 PM 03-14-2019
Did we sign this piece of shit yet????!!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't see how or why. All three of those guys got paid out the ass.

Did Dorsey fuck their sisters while at the negotiating table or what?
So'd that shitty Mormon offensive lineman we drafted like 20 years ago but King Carl cussed at him or said he had an ugly girlfriend or something so he never really got over it.

Just seems like some bruised egos never really got unbruised even after they cashed those signing bonuses...
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:52 PM 03-14-2019
And when a year goes by we’ll still be paying this garbage 8 mil per year instead of a guy who will have 12+ sacks next season.

Oh my gerd.. sacks. Because having the best pass rush helped tremendously with our SB victory last year?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:52 PM 03-14-2019

Can you name one player that the Chiefs have released/traded/not re-signed under Reid that we’ve really regretted?

If Reid allows them to get away, we won’t miss them.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:52 PM 03-14-2019
This deal also gives us a ton of flexibility with that first pick.

There will be some solid edge guys in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds who could be solid players for us with some maturation.

If we sign Darby, we could take a developmental corner in the 2nd or 3rd...someone like Trayvon Mullen.

We're essentially winnowing down our needs for a guy we draft to come in and be a starter from day one.

It'll be interesting to see if we sign a second safety.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 33
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up