ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 07:30 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
after last season, many people don't believe in Veach's ability to draft.

I know I have my doubts.
The guy didn’t have a 1st rd pick. Give him a fair shot.

Regardless of your thoughts on Speaks, Nnandi was an A+ pick and DOD showed a lot of flashes, especially for a 4-3 scheme.
[Reply]
loochy 07:33 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
So, we can't give our opinions of the moves made so far?

You gonna pretend as if its easy to replace the production we've let go at a premium position, AND address the deficiencies elsewhere?

It's easy to say we can draft or sign free agent to address holes, it's another thing to actually do it. Hitchens was supposed to be an upgrade last season, how did that turn out?
But wait until it's done. I keep hearing "WTF are we going to do because so and so are our starters now?!?!" Wait until the roster is set, geez.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:36 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
But wait until it's done. I keep hearing "WTF are we going to do because so and so are our starters now?!?!" Wait until the roster is set, geez.
this place is filled with insecure people
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:39 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Regardless of your thoughts on Speaks, Nnandi was an A+ pick and DOD showed a lot of flashes, especially for a 4-3 scheme.
How many "hits" would you say Veach picked out of the 2018 draft? A "hit" meaning a great, good, or consistently flashing player.

Go!
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:39 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Of course... because pass rushers are readily available...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:41 AM 03-15-2019
Anyone who thinks spags was going to turn this around because of scheme change alone wasn't watching our defense last year. I would love for Houston and Ford like players on our defense. But resigning them with no flexibility to add anyone else wasn't the answer.

We needed a defense overhaul. We'll probably have 7 or 8 new guys with significant roles once we spend the $15m and finish the draft. Speaks, kpass feel like new players because they're finally playing in a scheme that fits. Not as drastic but id say the same as well for odaniel. So basically we've got 10+ guys who aren't bottom of the roster guys. They may not be sexy but they are good bets to contribute right away. We are in year 1 of a rebuild. If we kept Houston and Ford around we'd be bandaiding the wrong defense instead of blowing it up. We have to crush it with the draft. But this is the right approach.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 07:42 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

So, he traded up to get Speaks... as an EDGE... BRILLIANT!
[Reply]
loochy 07:43 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Of course... because pass rushers are readily available...
We have draft picks. We have cap space. What makes you think that either 1) we can't draft someone or 2) steal Lawrence, Clark, or Clowney?

JFC, just wait you fucking know-it-all Johnny-come-lately.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Anyone who thinks spags was going to turn this around because of scheme change alone wasn't watching our defense last year. I would love for Houston and Ford like players on our defense. But resigning them with no flexibility to add anyone else wasn't the answer.

We needed a defense overhaul. We'll probably have 7 or 8 new guys with significant roles once we spend the $15m and finish the draft. Speaks, kpass feel like new players because they're finally playing in a scheme that fits. Not as drastic but id say the same as well for odaniel. So basically we've got 10+ guys who aren't bottom of the roster guys. They may not be sexy but they are good bets to contribute right away. We are in year 1 of a rebuild. If we kept Houston and Ford around we'd be bandaiding the wrong defense instead of blowing it up. We have to crush it with the draft. But this is the right approach.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:46 AM 03-15-2019
It's 8:45am and Dee Ford is STILL gone. :-)
[Reply]
tyton75 07:47 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
How many "hits" would you say Veach picked out of the 2018 draft? A "hit" meaning a great, good, or consistently flashing player.

Go!
Nnadi - solid on the interior in the 3rd round
O'Daniel- flashed when in the sub-package
Watts- looked like a starter till his injury
Tremon Smith- excellent kick returner in the 6th round

Mackenzie better be of some use or that pick was thrown away

Speaks looked like crap in the 3-4 most of the time.. but I believe he will look much better in the 4-3. Fingers crossed
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:55 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by tyton75:
Nnadi - solid on the interior in the 3rd round
O'Daniel- flashed when in the sub-package
Watts- looked like a starter till his injury
Tremon Smith- excellent kick returner in the 6th round

Mackenzie better be of some use or that pick was thrown away

Speaks looked like crap in the 3-4 most of the time.. but I believe he will look much better in the 4-3. Fingers crossed
Those results are commensurate with any draft run by Dorsey that did not include a bonafide "star", and he has two such drafts on record with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:56 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's 8:45am and Dee Ford is STILL gone. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:58 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Those results are commensurate with any draft run by Dorsey that did not include a bonafide "star", and he has two such drafts on record with the Chiefs.
Yep.
[Reply]
oldman 08:00 AM 03-15-2019
Right now, I like this signing. Would I have liked to keep Houston? Sure, but not for the cash he was going to eat up. I'm beginning to think pressure in the middle might be more effective than from the edge.
But our real flaw last year was not being able to stop the run. You can have a sack to create 3rd and long, but when the opponent continues to convert with 15-20 yard runs, you stay on the field forever. I don't care how good our offense is, if they can't get on the turf, we don't win.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up