ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Busted ankle and Opioids
Holladay 02:26 PM 03-14-2019
My big dogs were playing with me while I was on a sheet of ice. Boom goes the dynamite!

Surgery, plates and screws. I have a bottle of Oxycodone 5 mg x 42 pills. 1 pill every 4 hrs.

The day after op, I was popping them like candy. Helped a bit. 3 days after, 1 per 3.5 hrs. 6 days post op I will take 2-3 for the whole day. Wakeup, Bedtime and a misc.

So the question is how does a person become addicted to these suckers?

I still have 5 more weeks in the cast, then 2-4 in a boot.

Tomorrow, I'll see if just ibuprofen 200 mg will do.

Do they use get high? Trips? Or is there pseudo pain that people use to feel better?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:51 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Opioids (and opiates) absolutely do produce a feeling of euphoria. People tend to associate euphoria with excitement but in more general terms, euphorics produce an overwhelming feeling of satiation or happiness, unrelated to whether they are stimulants or depressants.

In fact, many people only experience euphoria with the high of a stimulant or the low of an opiate but not both. As a former drug addict that now works with drug addicts, I can tell you that most people either like uppers or downers but not both. People that like both are pretty rare.
Well I absolutely love to drink. Makes things really fun. I just don't do it very often. That is a downer.

I can definitely see why people would love adderall, and love that shit too. Cocaine is a little weird, but I can see the appeal. Both are uppers.

Weed makes me feel like complete shit. Really tired and not want to do anything. Just want to sit and stare at nothing at all. Not enjoyable to me, but at least I guess you are relaxed? Some people like to be relaxed.

Hydrocodone just made me not feel good, woozy and tired. No sense of any high at all.

I guess things effect me differently, or I have a different view of euphoria.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:53 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How many times have you done opiates?

You have to be trolling with that shit. You think the reason opiates are so popular because a bunch of people have undiagnosed pain? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. How would you ever come to that conclusion?
Because of my experience using them. That is the only thing I can come up with because too me the only enjoyment in using them is they reduce pain.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:57 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've taken some opioids many times after surgeries. I don't get any euphoric feeling. I get tired, woozy and receive less pain. That is all.
Yeah, but are you eating them like some sort of Sally or doming that shit like God intended?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:58 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, but are you eating them like some sort of Sally or doming that shit like God intended?
:-) good point. I guess if I took way more than I was supposed to I'd feel like I'd just sleep for seven days.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:41 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Because of my experience using them. That is the only thing I can come up with because too me the only enjoyment in using them is they reduce pain.
Ever taken them when you weren't in pain? I know I got some when I got my wisdom teeth taken out and didn't have any euphoria. Popped a 10 mg oxy before I went fishing and can understand how they are addictive as hell.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:04 PM 03-15-2019
I get no more pain relief from oxy or hydrocodone than I do a couple of Advil.

Only painkillers I can recall getting a strong pain relief from is fentanyl.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:08 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Can't wait until I can buy 500 oxys in a bottle at Costco for $7 since they're essentially ibuprofen.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:44 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Can't wait until I can buy 500 oxys in a bottle at Costco for $7 since they're essentially ibuprofen.
Your and idiot. Do you not understand that different drugs effect people differently? My body processes pain killers way too effectively. I have had more than one surgeries that was just a local and they had to give me significantly more to prevent pain than they normally administer.

So go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:04 PM 03-15-2019
Your and idiot. Do you not understand that different drugs effect people differently? My body processes pain killers way too effectively. I have had more than one surgeries that was just a local and they had to give me significantly more to prevent pain than they normally administer.

So go fuck yourself.
Local anesthetics work by blocking nerve transmission and bypass first pass metabolism. How your body processes painkillers has no bearing on how a local affects you.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:47 PM 03-16-2019
down to 2-3 pills a day. If I just sat in my recliner all day would just 1.

1 week under my belt and better each day:-)

BTW crutches suck.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:11 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Holladay:
down to 2-3 pills a day. If I just sat in my recliner all day would just 1.

1 week under my belt and better each day:-)

BTW crutches suck.
How long are you on crutches? I broke my ankle at 13 and was on them 4-6 weeks. They definitely suck the more active you are... I remember my armpits being on fire after walking around school all day (San Diego. Outdoor school)
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:26 AM 03-17-2019

I can honestly say the same thing.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:33 AM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I can honestly say the same thing.
Pablo and Hamas say we are full of shit so we must be wrong. :-)

When I had my Achilles repaired my Doc was amazed I had not only used one of my oxy’s and Din not want/need a refill. Only reason I even used that one was because when I woke up at 3am when the nerve block wore off it was on the table within reach.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:39 AM 03-17-2019
Crutches suck. Get a knee scooter if you are going out. You may look stupid, but crutches suck. Taught 6-8 weeks on one.

Insurance will pay for it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:41 AM 03-17-2019
Pablo and Hamas say we are full of shit so we must be wrong. :-)

When I had my Achilles repaired my Doc was amazed I had not only used one of my oxy’s and Din not want/need a refill. Only reason I even used that one was because when I woke up at 3am when the nerve block wore off it was on the table within reach.
I was not referring to how opiates affected you at all. Go back and read my post again before throwing shade.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up