ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>U.S. charges dozens in college admissions fraud scheme
Stinger 09:19 AM 03-12-2019

At least 40 people, including two Hollywood actresses, have been indicted by the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Boston in a nationwide college entrance exam cheating scandal, NBC News reported, citing court documents.

The documents, which were unsealed Tuesday morning, allege that the accused aimed to facilitate students getting into high-profile D-1 schools, including Georgetown, Stanford, UCLA, Yale, University of Texas, University of San Diego, University of Southern California and Wake Forest as recruited athletes regardless of their athletic ability.

Some of those who were indicted included college coaches but there's no indication the schools were involved, according to NBC News.

Hollywood actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are among the two of more than 40 charged in connection with the scheme, according to court documents.

One of the unsealed court documents included indictments against former Yale University women's soccer coach Rudolph "Rudy" Meredith, who has been charged with two counts of wire fraud.

Prosecutors allege that Meredith conspired with William Rick Singer, the owner of Edge College & Career Network, which was also known as "The Key," to take bribes from the parents of college hopefuls.

In one case, Meredith and Singer worked together to have a Yale applicant, whom did not have a background in competitive soccer, to have an athletic "profiles" that allegedly described her as a "co-captain of a prominent club soccer team in southern California."

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...507030761.html
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:42 AM 03-13-2019
The kids that got into these schools need some kind of penance because they cheated.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:30 PM 03-13-2019
http://mcmansionhell.com/post/183417...ssions-scandal
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:01 PM 03-14-2019
Hallmark cancels contracts with Lori Laughlin.

I volunteer for conjugal visits.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:12 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
http://mcmansionhell.com/post/183417...ssions-scandal
Getting your personal tastes savaged by that jaded shrew has to hurt worse than a jail sentence.
[Reply]
Fish 03:17 PM 03-14-2019
So what happens to her daughter at USC now that this all comes out? Or the others on fake athletic scholarships and stuff?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:19 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
So what happens to her daughter at USC now that this all comes out? Or the others on fake athletic scholarships and stuff?

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:18 PM 03-14-2019
I had no idea that USC was even competitive. I thought it was a state school, so any resident could get in. Apparently their acceptance rate is 16 percent. I just learned something.

Dang. I looked up my undergraduate school and its acceptance rate is 83 percent. So much for all of that "MIT of the Midwest" talk that they gave me.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:23 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had no idea that USC was even competitive. I thought it was a state school, so any resident could get in. Apparently their acceptance rate is 16 percent. I just learned something.

Dang. I looked up my undergraduate school and its acceptance rate is 83 percent. So much for all of that "MIT of the Midwest" talk that they gave me.
Californians call USC “University of Spoiled Children”
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:40 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Californians call USC “University of Spoiled Children”
Haha. I've never heard that.

Is UCLA the same, or is it different? I would have never considered either of them to be exclusive.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:41 PM 03-14-2019

Is UCLA the same, or is it different? I would have never considered either of them to be exclusive.
My friend is an alum of one of their grad programs.

UCLA: U C Lots of Asians

UCLA: University of China - Los Angeles
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:09 PM 03-14-2019

UCLA is also hard to get into. The UC system is pretty big with UCLA and Cal being the flagship schools. USC and Stanford are private.
[Reply]
loochy 07:10 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

UCLA: U C Lots of Asians

UCLA: University of China - Los Angeles
So they must be awesome then
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:27 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It was truly a golden age. New Kids was my favorite - where Lori and her brother get picked on by local high school thug James Spader.
Absolutely. Great flick!

Spader perving on Lori Laughlin with his sweet 80s van.

[Reply]
loochy 07:32 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Absolutely. Great flick!

Spader perving on Lori Laughlin with his sweet 80s van.

LOL @ Spader.

Who aged better? Spader or Loughlin?

-OR-

[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up