ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>U.S. charges dozens in college admissions fraud scheme
Stinger 09:19 AM 03-12-2019

At least 40 people, including two Hollywood actresses, have been indicted by the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Boston in a nationwide college entrance exam cheating scandal, NBC News reported, citing court documents.

The documents, which were unsealed Tuesday morning, allege that the accused aimed to facilitate students getting into high-profile D-1 schools, including Georgetown, Stanford, UCLA, Yale, University of Texas, University of San Diego, University of Southern California and Wake Forest as recruited athletes regardless of their athletic ability.

Some of those who were indicted included college coaches but there's no indication the schools were involved, according to NBC News.

Hollywood actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are among the two of more than 40 charged in connection with the scheme, according to court documents.

One of the unsealed court documents included indictments against former Yale University women's soccer coach Rudolph "Rudy" Meredith, who has been charged with two counts of wire fraud.

Prosecutors allege that Meredith conspired with William Rick Singer, the owner of Edge College & Career Network, which was also known as "The Key," to take bribes from the parents of college hopefuls.

In one case, Meredith and Singer worked together to have a Yale applicant, whom did not have a background in competitive soccer, to have an athletic "profiles" that allegedly described her as a "co-captain of a prominent club soccer team in southern California."

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...507030761.html
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:39 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Some deserving BMX freestyler gets shunned because the rich kid hired someone to create a fake profile on the internet where he took his bike to prom and found true love.
A sad story you see far too often.
[Reply]
tooge 01:51 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Wow. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/u...gtype=Homepage

$1.2M sure seems like enough to legally bribe your way in. I guess the price to get a kid into Yale much be a lot higher than that.
why not just send your kid to jucco then some rum dum college and give them the 1.2 million invested in safe bets until they graduate. They will be set and wont need a Yale education
[Reply]
Frazod 01:53 PM 03-12-2019
Lori Loughlin was in a movie called Secret Admirer back in the 80s. It was memorable because of Kelly Preston's tits.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:21 PM 03-12-2019
Just did a little research and recent news reports of donations to schools, the socially acceptable bribery scheme, run from 22-150 million dollars. The Yale and Georgetown inclusions are clearly for families interested in political careers for their kids, so the goal is more than to get a top education.

I'm guessing the schools will sue the parents in these cases as this fraud kept them out of the payday.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:29 PM 03-12-2019

Btw Lori Loughlin is in possibly the greatest scene in movie history.
Wow! Oscar-worthy acting for sure.
[Reply]
Fish 02:39 PM 03-12-2019

Btw Lori Loughlin is in possibly the greatest scene in movie history.
Did I put pegs on my BMX bike because of that movie? You're damn right I did......
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:57 PM 03-12-2019

"THAT FRAUD WE DID LAST TIME WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL BUT I HAVE ONE CONCERN THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION WASN'T KNOWING AND WILLFUL ENOUGH WOULD YOU AGREE THAT YOU WERE KNOWING AND WILLFUL? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE UP FOR THIS."

— HighlySelectiveHat (@Popehat) March 12, 2019

LOL
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:16 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Does the FBI even do anything useful anymore? Something like this -- if we had a functional media, they investigate, break the story, and this scheme is over. It's such overkill to use the Feds on stupid stuff like this. If there's no real crime for them to investigate, get rid of them.
The media was very busy with all the non-news they constantly focus on.

Plus I think investigative journalism in today's environment mostly means checking twitter and writing about the things you see.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:37 PM 03-12-2019
Just heard again on the nightly news. Holy cow. Amazing.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:06 PM 03-12-2019

If any dipshit who won Powerball could donate a couple million to Harvard to get their kid into Harvard, then Harvard's status as a class marker would be tarnished, and that cannot be allowed.

— Your Favorite Bird (@mightygodking) March 12, 2019

This makes sense as to why they couldn't just buy their kids in the normal way.
[Reply]
JD10367 08:09 PM 03-12-2019
Rich people doin' rich people things. Shocking.

But I'd still bang Lori Laughlin. She's a MILF.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:16 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:

ditto. Any day. Wife would let me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:21 PM 03-12-2019

This makes sense as to why they couldn't just buy their kids in the normal way.
As if Harvard and other Ivies haven't diminished their own reputations with grade inflation.
[Reply]
Passepartout 10:54 PM 03-12-2019
Yeah as really US Government proves that the rich are not above the law. As it is not fair for those who are law abiding, hard working, anonymous people who just mind their own business.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:40 AM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:

That is my dream mother-daughter threesome.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up