ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 181
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
chiefsfan987 06:13 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I think you chicken littles need to step off the ledge.
I don't think there are any chicken littles in here, there are however many people who see this team for what it is. It's a bad team. The sky isn't falling, the future will be bright, but this team isn't good. It is what it is. Every other team in basketball has crappy years too. We're not immune. You can be down on a team and not a chicken little.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:18 PM 03-16-2019
What is our projected lineup next year?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:21 PM 03-16-2019
Only related by the slenderest of tangents, but I HAVE TO VENT!! :-)

Sticking around ESPN for the Zion show, and one of the MOST IRRITATING things happening, . . . that's totally no one's fault [except my brain].

Announcers are doing their preview and highlight thing, . . . and meanwhile the pep band is in the background warming up.

The song is a FUCKING EARWORM, but I can't place the tune. I know I know what it is, and I know I like it. But it's a pep band interpretation, and the announcers are talking over it.

Thus my retard brain gets angrier and angrier 'what is that, . . . doot doot doooooh, . . . AH! It's on the tip of my . . . WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP . . . . doot doot, arrrrghhhhhh, WHAT IS IT? . . . just stop yammering for a secon. . . . '

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:23 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Start an official thread.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:03 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Only related by the slenderest of tangents, but I HAVE TO VENT!! :-)

Sticking around ESPN for the Zion show, and one of the MOST IRRITATING things happening, . . . that's totally no one's fault [except my brain].

Announcers are doing their preview and highlight thing, . . . and meanwhile the pep band is in the background warming up.

The song is a FUCKING EARWORM, but I can't place the tune. I know I know what it is, and I know I like it. But it's a pep band interpretation, and the announcers are talking over it.

Thus my retard brain gets angrier and angrier 'what is that, . . . doot doot doooooh, . . . AH! It's on the tip of my . . . WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP . . . . doot doot, arrrrghhhhhh, WHAT IS IT? . . . just stop yammering for a secon. . . . '

:-) :-)
Oh, you mean a pep band played something BESIDES that retarded Seven Nation Army song?

It's a miracle!
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:13 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Start an official thread.

Too much work.

I just know that Saphojunkie isn’t allowed to start the thread.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:39 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I’d guess:

1-Dotson
2-Agbaji
3-Grimes
4-D Lawson
5-Azubuike

Bench:
McCormack
Lightfoot
Garret
KJ Lawson
McBride
Braun

I would bet Moore transfers again. With the Adidas scandal ongoing, I doubt we land anymore recruits. At least, probably not any good ones.

I expect next years team to be a slightly better version of this year.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:54 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
With a lousy recruiting class coming, get used to this. It’ll take another 3 years minimum to get back to where we were.
Call me crazy, I actually like Braun and McBride. I think Braun is sneaky and underrated, because well, he's a white Kansas kid who looks like a paperboy. McBride is a great shooter and scorer, but undersized.

I think both are going to be great players. We need to be making our living in the 50-20 recruiting rankings range. OAD players are extremely overrated in terms of collegiate value IMO. Zion is a once in a generational player, even if you get the #1 guy there is no guarantee. Wiggins was nice, but I'd take Frank Mason or Devonte Graham 4 years over Wiggins ANY day. Selby was a complete bomb and some services had him #1 as well.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:13 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Call me crazy, I actually like Braun and McBride. I think Braun is sneaky and underrated, because well, he's a white Kansas kid who looks like a paperboy. McBride is a great shooter and scorer, but undersized.

I think both are going to be great players. We need to be making our living in the 50-20 recruiting rankings range. OAD players are extremely overrated in terms of collegiate value IMO. Zion is a once in a generational player, even if you get the #1 guy there is no guarantee. Wiggins was nice, but I'd take Frank Mason or Devonte Graham 4 years over Wiggins ANY day. Selby was a complete bomb and some services had him #1 as well.
I think they’re nice building blocks for the long haul. Most likely, they won’t make much of an impact to next year’s team.

I think you need a combination of the two. Pairing a 4 year Frank Mason with Josh Jackson was hard for most teams to match up with.

It would be really nice to see us land one of the top remaining recruits to make the instant impact next year. Then you also have Braun and McBride for the future.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:16 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Oh, you mean a pep band played something BESIDES that retarded Seven Nation Army song?

It's a miracle!
Everyone simmer!!
Our long national nightmare is over!!
I knew I knew it, and I knew I'd kick myself for stupidity when it came to me. But to be fair, it WAS way in the background, and was an 'interpretation' with pep band instrumentation and a slightly different tempo. And of course they weren't exactly playing the rap line. And the announcer patter was the focus of the broadcast, . . . and all that shit.

But it dawned on me a bit ago. :-)

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:26 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...ls-next-season

Rumor circulating that Self is leaving to coach the Bulls. Most likely it’s bullshit.

I doubt his style would translate to the NBA. I could see why he would want to be done dealing with the NCAA after the issues with Selby, Diallo, Preston, DeSousa, Adidas...
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Eh, I don't know. Josh Jackson was one hell of a player. He was fucking remarkable. Ben McLemore, Kelly Oubre, and Xavier Henry were really good players on really good teams. That's a pretty decent average. Even though we haven't landed a Carmello Anthony or a Zion Williamson, doesn't mean you don't recruit one and dones.

But you're right, we need to have a good core of 4 year players that are damned hungry.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:33 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...ls-next-season

Rumor circulating that Self is leaving to coach the Bulls. Most likely it’s bullshit.

I doubt his style would translate to the NBA. I could see why he would want to be done dealing with the NCAA after the issues with Selby, Diallo, Preston, DeSousa, Adidas...
The biggest question I have is why would the bulls go down this road again so soon after Fred Hoiberg flamed out so miraculously? Sounds like hog shit.

I'm no NBA guy, but I agree that Self's style probably doesn't translate.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The biggest question I have is why would the bulls go down this road again so soon after Fred Hoiberg flamed out so miraculously? Sounds like hog shit.

I'm no NBA guy, but I agree that Self's style probably doesn't translate.
If it did happen, I would hire Chris Beard unless for some miraculous reason we could get Jay Wright or Brad Stevens.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:48 PM 03-16-2019
Brad Stevens.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 181
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Up