ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 181
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:05 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
it was if he was drafted if he stayed in the draft and it was $20. He’s not staying in the draft. There is no bet. Check the facts and bet.

I think your wrong.

Want to make a bet? If Vick decides to leave after this year and Vick gets drafted by the NBA, you give $20 to a vets charity. He doesn't get drafted, I give the $20 to the vets charity?

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That's fine with me, but whoever wins is dependent on whether he gets drafted after this year.

He could always decide to leave, not get drafted and go play in Europe or something. In fact, I expect that's where his future lies (likely after his senior year).
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...2#post13221342

More than a bit of a copout there because the only reason he's pulled his name out of the draft is because he's clearly not going to get drafted. I literally predicted exactly what was going to happen to him this season (especially if he goes to the G League as has been suggested). But hey, if you want to opt out of it on a technicality like that, fine.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:52 AM 06-02-2018
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...2#post13221342

More than a bit of a copout there because the only reason he's pulled his name out of the draft is because he's clearly not going to get drafted. I literally predicted exactly what was going to happen to him this season (especially if he goes to the G League as has been suggested). But hey, if you want to opt out of it on a technicality like that, fine.
:-)

The bet clearly states if Vick leaves and enters draft and is or isn't drafted. He's not even entering the draft. Its not a cop out.There was 3 conditions to be met. Your doing more than just moving the goal posts after the bets were placed.

You think I'm welsh like Clay? I'll move the goal posts like you did.

Vick doesn't come back to KU, I'll give up the money to charity. Deal?
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 08:40 AM 06-02-2018
and according to Mom, transferring to another college.
Really, is that new? I saw tweets they were talking with Self this week. Transferring to another college was an option, but I didn't thiunk a decision had been made.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 08:44 AM 06-02-2018
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/j...me-nba-draft-/

According to his mother, LaLa Vick, returning to school remains one of Vick’s options, but that does not necessarily mean a return to KU.

“We’re looking at all options,” LaLa Vick told the Journal-World on Friday night.

Included among them are the possibility of going straight to the NBA’s G League, which LaLa said was the only option that Vick had mentioned to her specifically. At this time, it does not appear that Vick has any interest in playing overseas.

Although that may still be the case, there appears to be at least a sliver of a chance that Vick could find his way back to Kansas, provided the KU coaching staff is willing to take him back.

“That option is still on the table,” LaLa said, noting that she and her son planned to call KU coach Bill Self soon to look further into the possibility of a return to KU.

Should Vick elect to return to college but not play at Kansas, he would have to sit out a year in accordance with NCAA transfer rules before being eligible again, unless he can obtain enough credits to graduate before the end of summer school.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:59 AM 06-02-2018
:-)

The bet clearly states if Vick leaves and enters draft and is or isn't drafted. He's not even entering the draft. Its not a cop out.There was 3 conditions to be met. Your doing more than just moving the goal posts after the bets were placed.
Well he did kind of enter the draft. He likely just found out everybody thinks he sucks (which he kind of does), so he pulled his name back out to reconsider his future.

Originally Posted by :
Vick doesn't come back to KU, I'll give up the money to charity. Deal?
If that's what you want to do. I don't think Self will have him back (as he kind of sucks), but I'm far less sure about that than I was about the fact that he wasn't getting drafted at the end of his junior year.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:16 AM 06-02-2018
Can I volunteer the non-profit I oversee for where the money goes? :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:40 AM 06-02-2018
Hope not.
We need is 3 point shooting alone. Charlie Moore is going to be our best 3 point threat next year. Vick is better than KJ Lawson.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:44 AM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We need is 3 point shooting alone. Charlie Moore is going to be our best 3 point threat next year. Vick is better than KJ Lawson.
I don't even care what he shoots, I can't watch a guy who doesn't know how to play basketball play that many minutes again.
[Reply]
sedated 12:03 PM 06-02-2018
If he hasn't graduated, I'm not sure how realistic transferring is. Who sits out a year before their senior year?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:07 PM 06-02-2018
I don't even care what he shoots, I can't watch a guy who doesn't know how to play basketball play that many minutes again.
49% FG, 38% 3FG while shooting over 4 a game, reasonable assist to turnover ratio, almost 5 RPG a game.Did he disappoint the 2nd half of the year? Absolutely. But you take him back while fist pumping. We were going to offer a scholarship to some mid-major dudes, and now we get to welcome Vick back?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:47 PM 06-02-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Can I volunteer the non-profit I oversee for where the money goes? :-)
PM me
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:17 PM 06-29-2018
Vick coming back! OP edited.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:47 PM 06-29-2018
KC Connection weeps.

We are fucking loaded. As long as the Lawsons don't punch anybody in the face, I like our chances.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:52 PM 06-29-2018

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:50 PM 06-29-2018
I bet he begins the year as the starter. My guess is we go

Moore
Vick
Grimes
Lawson
Udoka

That leaves a great bench of:
Dotson
Lawson
De Sousa
McCormack
Garrett
Lightfoot

The lineup may change a bit by the end of the year, but that is a loaded roster.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 181
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up