ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 181
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

BYE BYE

Spoiler!

FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!

PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!

NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!

More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:53 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He was all right in the MSU game, I'll give you that. That win was mostly due to Grimes hitting six threes and looking like a college superstar rather than a complete scrub at this level, though.

He was abysmal in the Tennessee game. Had four turnovers as well. We were lucky he fouled out because it opened things up for Dedric to dominate and play arguably his best game of the season (24-13-5 on 9 of 16 shooting).
Anything you gain from getting Doke back is negated by how much worse Dedric gets. Doke is forced to play within 7’ of the basket, which forces Dedric to play in the midrange and settle for jumpers.

When Dedric does play around the basket next to Doke, the defense collapses on him since Doke is no threat outside of 7’.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:55 PM 02-13-2019
I'm just tired of Dedric taking shots from 3 during crucial possessions.

Just because "he can" make them at times, does not mean he should. He's not Marcus Morris.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:33 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I'm just tired of Dedric taking shots from 3 during crucial possessions.

Just because "he can" make them at times, does not mean he should. He's not Marcus Morris.
So - what do you do when Charlie Moore & Quienten Grimes shoot them? I don't mind when Dedric shoots them because it makes them respect the rest of his game. The 3 doesn't do anything for Grimes or Moore - it's not like it's going to open up their drives. They can't finish anywhere near the rim anyway.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:18 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Anything you gain from getting Doke back is negated by how much worse Dedric gets. Doke is forced to play within 7’ of the basket, which forces Dedric to play in the midrange and settle for jumpers.

When Dedric does play around the basket next to Doke, the defense collapses on him since Doke is no threat outside of 7’.
This is baseless and the team’s record doesn’t reflect that one bit
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Moot point. Next year Dedric will be in the NBA. Doke ain't coming back this year.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:20 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Moot point. Next year Dedric will be in the NBA. Doke ain't coming back this year.
I have seen Objee in the top 20 NBA as of yesterday of 2020 and I haven't seen Dedric show up on any mock drafts so IDK.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 PM 02-14-2019
I don't see why any NBA team would want Dedric enough to draft him in the 1st round. His game won't translate to the NBA at all. Think Georges Niang (a guy who surprisingly is still actually in the league playing 5 minutes a game).
[Reply]
BWillie 09:12 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't see why any NBA team would want Dedric enough to draft him in the 1st round. His game won't translate to the NBA at all. Think Georges Niang (a guy who surprisingly is still actually in the league playing 5 minutes a game).
How does Jokic do it? Simply by his floater efficiency? He does have a mean floater.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:44 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How does Jokic do it? Simply by his floater efficiency? He does have a mean floater.
Helps to be 7 feet tall with incredible hand-eye coordination, great court vision and an insanely high basketball IQ.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:03 PM 02-16-2019
Revenge.

Soon.

Vs the Cousin F******
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:23 PM 02-16-2019
Mitch Lightfoot. Destroyer of Mountain Men.

WVU is really fucking terrible. They're not even good at playing bad basketball.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:29 PM 02-16-2019
What Fran is saying about KU, Self and Vick is pretty damning. He obviously knows something and doesn't want to sell dudes out, but it's definitely not Vick taking a mental health break or whatever. Shit went down.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:34 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What Fran is saying about KU, Self and Vick is pretty damning. He obviously knows something and doesn't want to sell dudes out, but it's definitely not Vick taking a mental health break or whatever. Shit went down.
Can't hear him at the bar, what did he say?
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 03:41 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
He just said “I don’t have any inside information I just hear people talk but... Vick isn’t coming back”
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:41 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
He started off by saying he didn't have any inside information. Then stopped and chose his words wisely (he obviously knows something). He said straight up Vick won't be back. Then he backed up and said he didn't think he would.

He went on to say that the energy in practice is remarkably better. He went on to say this is a happy team playing happy ball. He said Self told him in their prep that he was happy coaching THESE guys. They showed a clip of KU celebrating after last weeks road win. He went on and on about how different this team is.

He was very careful not to say anything but it was obvious Vick was the a huge problem.

Edited.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 181
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 > Last »
Up