ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 1207
« First < 71314151617 1819202127671175171017 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
listopencil 05:57 PM 10-07-2015
Can I just sub out some Banana Red Mad Dog 20/20? Asking for a friend.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:58 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Can I just sub out some Banana Red Mad Dog 20/20?

The only acceptable substitute would be Purple Passion.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:59 PM 10-07-2015
Damn. Will have to pick some up. For a friend.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:13 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This sounds really good. Serious question: why not skip the dried herbs and finish with fresh? I know there's plenty of time for them to rehydrate, but the flavor from fresh is always superior (except with something like bay).
I'll try fresh next time. I use top ingredients (homemade stock, a good dry wine, and the best freshly shredded Parm, and fresh wild mushrooms if I can find them) with this dish because I have found that it makes a huge difference.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:17 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I'll try fresh next time. I use top ingredients (homemade stock, a good dry wine, and the best freshly shredded Parm, and fresh wild mushrooms if I can find them) with this dish because I have found that it makes a huge difference.

Then definitely try fresh, I think you'll be pleased. General rule of thumb is 3x the amount of fresh to dried.

Quality ingredients make such a difference! And with something stock heavy like risotto,, homemade is definitely the way to go.

I'm gonna try this, it really sounds outstanding. Will try to remember to rep you when I get to a real computer.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:24 PM 10-07-2015
There is a place in town that serves these and has always done a wonderful job of it. The owner sold it though and I haven't been back in since. I talked to the guy quite a bit when I'd go in and he told me that he combined Spanish seasoning with Chinese food. I really don't know what he put in there but it was incredible. I stumbled across this nice video. I think I'll make some up this weekend. I don't know what I will end up using for spices. Already I am thinking chipotle powder and chili powder to go with that cayenne pepper. I am pretty sure I can make a better dipping sauce though:

[Reply]
listopencil 09:49 PM 10-07-2015
Food Wishes, the people that made the Crab Rangoon video, also make a lot of other easy recipe videos. Here's one for Scotch Eggs:

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:52 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Hungry guy in search of overstuffed cannoli recipe.
http://www.food.com/recipe/cannoli-95546

Make 50 percent more filling and overstuff the cannoli.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:53 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
There is a place in town that serves these and has always done a wonderful job of it. The owner sold it though and I haven't been back in since. I talked to the guy quite a bit when I'd go in and he told me that he combined Spanish seasoning with Chinese food. I really don't know what he put in there but it was incredible. I stumbled across this nice video. I think I'll make some up this weekend. I don't know what I will end up using for spices. Already I am thinking chipotle powder and chili powder to go with that cayenne pepper. I am pretty sure I can make a better dipping sauce though:

I never really could get behind crab rangoon. I love the meat-filled wontons, but never really cared much for these.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:16 PM 10-08-2015
I never really could get behind crab rangoon. I love the meat-filled wontons, but never really cared much for these.
It was never a big favorite of mine. I happened to try them at this place and they were incredible. It's the seasoning that the old owner used. I'm going to play with it and try to figure out what he did. I think he treated the filling like a spicy crab enchilada so that's where I'll start.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:25 PM 10-08-2015
I ordered a small gluten free pizza and made some iced-tea!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:27 PM 10-08-2015
I never really could get behind crab rangoon, but never really cared much for these.
Are you Satan?! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:35 PM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Are you Satan?! :-)

:-)
Nope Dave, just a dirty hippie.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:50 PM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Send me your gluten. I will consume it.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:02 PM 10-08-2015
I want some Pho!

[Reply]
Page 17 of 1207
« First < 71314151617 1819202127671175171017 > Last »
Up