ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trade possibilities
O.city 07:53 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Zach Cunningham has about $4.5M left on his contract. We might be able to make that fit.
I'm not sure how pressing the need for a LB is at this point anyway. The ones here are playing pretty well.

I'd look for some pass rush help or IOL help before that atleast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:59 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm not sure how pressing the need for a LB is at this point anyway. The ones here are playing pretty well.

I'd look for some pass rush help or IOL help before that atleast.
I would definitely look at IOL before LB.

I don't see LB as a huge need, especially considering how much nickel they run.
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:09 AM 10-29-2020

I agree with you. IMO we miss LDT way more than I was expecting. I like how Kilgore has stepped in for Reiter, and Allegretti has shown some upside (although I'm not convinced he's a long term starter). I'm not a fan of Wylie, at all. I would love to see someone replace him as of yesterday.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 08:17 AM 10-29-2020
Frankly, I'm just not seeing any move that makes sense to give up any high value draft picks. Definitely not for anyone who's 30+ years old or has a big contract (especially with the salary cap going down significantly next season).

A trade for someone like Quinnen Williams would make a lot of sense (former third overall pick with tons of upside & potential for interior pass rush that you could place next to Chris Jones, also good against the run; he's still on his rookie contract for a few years with a 5th year option available, so his contract without the signing bonus is very palatable for the Chiefs before that 5th year, and any extension wouldn't come into play until Chris Jones' current contract is up and the Chiefs may have moved on from Frank Clark at that point, so the timing would work well), but if you believe Adam Gase, he's not available for trade.

I'm all for standing pat with our draft picks unless a trade similar to the above is available and could be done in a reasonable way (no to any trade involving multiple first round picks or a 1 & a 2), outside of perhaps a super under the radar move that could be a player for player swap or a trade using a 2021 7th round pick or future 6th or 7th round pick.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:04 PM 10-29-2020

It's like we are playing defense without any linebackers at all. That hurts our run defense and our TE/RB coverage. It really shows when we use Safeties at LB.

A stud LB would help a ton in my book.

We can definitely use an upgrade at C/G though too. We have to keep Mahomes alive. If he gets skittish it would be a huge blow to the franchise.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:38 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It's like we are playing defense without any linebackers at all. That hurts our run defense and our TE/RB coverage. It really shows when we use Safeties at LB.
Sorry, I don't at all agree.

Originally Posted by JakeF:
A stud LB would help a ton in my book.
Well, we're going to have to hope that's Willie Gay because a stud LB isn't walking through that door.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 10-29-2020
I think it's definitely time to invest in the interior OL. They've patched it along for a while, but it's just not getting it done.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:52 AM 10-29-2020
Window seems open for the Bengals to trade Price.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/...l-trade-rumors
[Reply]
Hoover 10:58 AM 10-29-2020
Can't hurt the potential reward outweighs the risk.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:58 AM 10-29-2020
The possibility of a Billy Price trade aren't looking good.

Cincinnati Bengals Injury Report
Starting Center Trey Hopkins DNP concussion protocol
Starting RT Bobby Hart DNP Knee
Starting LT Jonah Williams DNP Stinger
Starting Guard Michael Jordan LP Back

Bengals offensive line is in trouble with these injuries and their two new players won't be ready. They play Tennessee Titans on Sunday.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:01 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
The possibility of a Billy Price trade aren't looking good.

Cincinnati Bengals Injury Report
Starting Center Trey Hopkins DNP concussion protocol
Starting RT Bobby Hart DNP Knee
Starting LT Jonah Williams DNP Stinger
Starting Guard Michael Jordan LP Back

Bengals offensive line is in trouble with these injuries and their two new players won't be ready. They play Tennessee Titans on Sunday.
Deadline is Tuesday.

We'll see.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:03 AM 10-29-2020
Does Price just flat out suck, then?

The bengals seem really reluctant to play him, even though they invested a lot in him and have a dire need to protect the future of the franchise.

Why is he being talked about so much? Just connecting the dots?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:

The bengals seem really reluctant to play him, even though they invested a lot in him and have a dire need to protect the future of the franchise.

He got hurt after 10 games his rookie season and then came into camp with another nagging problem and got benched.

He's just fallen out of favor with the coaching staff because of it.

He was injured at the combine. Got injured his rookie season. Came into his 2nd season with a foot issue. While he was out, they liked what they saw out of his backup and he got benched.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:15 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:

He got hurt after 10 games his rookie season and then came into camp with another nagging problem and got benched.

He's just fallen out of favor with the coaching staff because of it.

He was injured at the combine. Got injured his rookie season. Came into his 2nd season with a foot issue. While he was out, they liked what they saw out of his backup and he got benched.
https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018bprice.php

Walterfootball has a decent write-up of him. 6'4, 315lbs and from a football factory like OSU makes him intriguing if Cincy lets him go. They've been a shitshow so maybe he just slipped through the cracks between the coaching changes and we can get a 1st round talent at a fraction of the price.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018bprice.php

Walterfootball has a decent write-up of him. 6'4, 315lbs and from a football factory like OSU makes him intriguing if Cincy lets him go. They've been a shitshow so maybe he just slipped through the cracks between the coaching changes and we can get a 1st round talent at a fraction of the price.
Yep, it's a classic reclamation project scenario.

A high-upside former 1st-round pick, only halfway through his rookie contract, and could be had for probably a 5th rounder.

If he lives up to his potential, you landed a starter for next to nothing. If he doesn't, you hide him on the depth chart and let him go when it makes sense financially.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up