ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:35 PM 08-22-2019
Seriously though, mayo is a fantastic base. Jazz that shit with whatever you like. Dijon, chipotle and adobo, sriracha, mashed avocado, etc. Most hot sauces are runny AF, add a little mayo and now it's spreadable.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If the spice is only contained in the sauce and not the breading/chicken, then Chick Fila stays winning.
Pretty sure Popeye's spice is in the breading. I agree, though, that spice in the sauce is completely different.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:37 PM 08-22-2019
Champs and Rally's use Micracle Whip - as of late - not sure it was always like that.
[Reply]
blake5676 02:40 PM 08-22-2019
Ok....finally had one today for lunch. I'm an insanely big fan of Chick-Fil-A for all the reasons already stated in the thread. Not the political ones...those are stupid. The only people that care about what a fast food restaurant owner's political/religious beliefs are is someone looking to be offended.

Moving on to the actual sandwich, this thing is the ****ing bee's knees. Like I'm pretty sure I actually liked it more that CFA's spicy chicken sandwich which I never thought possible. Bun was great, chicken was great and really big, spicy mayo was good. It was seriously amazing.

All that being said, I'll still get Chick-Fil-A 8 times out of 10 when in the mood for a spicy chicken. The place is just so perfect in every way. It's clean, they're friendly, insanely efficient, etc etc. Also, I felt like a complete slob after eating that Popeye's sandwich. It was delicious in every sense of the word, but so much greasier and I felt fat after eating it. My conscience can be fine eating at CFA semi-regularly....don't think I can do Popeye's more than a few sporadic times here and there. But the hype is real....A+ from me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:46 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If the spice is only contained in the sauce and not the breading/chicken, then Chick Fila stays winning.
What on earth would make you think that Popeye's wouldn't think to actually spice the chicken on their spicy chicken?

Just because they spiced the mayo too?

Popeyes went into business for the purpose of putting spice right in/on the stinkin' chicken.

SMDH.
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:53 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I preferred Miracle Whip to mayo when I was a kid. But at some point I moved over into the mayo camp. It's not like I hate Miracle Whip or anything, but it's been decades since I've bought or used it.

Fun fact: I used to eat peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches as a kid.

Yes, I know that's disgusting. :-)
I ate Mayo and Ketchup sandwiches as a child. I now vomit at the thought of it now.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:59 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Seriously though, mayo is a fantastic base. Jazz that shit with whatever you like. Dijon, chipotle and adobo, sriracha, mashed avocado, etc. Most hot sauces are runny AF, add a little mayo and now it's spreadable.
This all fucking day.

No one is clamoring for just Mayo. Use it as the base for hundreds of easy to make sauces.

Miracle Whip can’t do that.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:02 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
But that would make the hot sauce taste like mayo, which is absolutely disgusting.

It's like mixing hot sauce and poop - all it does is ruin the hot sauce.

FAIL.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:03 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Miracle Whip can’t do that.
Miracle Whip is mayo. It's all garbage.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:06 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
But that would make the hot sauce taste like mayo, which is absolutely disgusting.

FAIL.
Keep enjoying that mushy cholula soaked bun dripping all over your khakis then.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:07 PM 08-22-2019
I don't mind MW for an occasional cold cut sandwich - but yeah I prefer Mayo.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:09 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I like to dip my fries in mayo. Yummy.
so your a closet Frenchman?:-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:10 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What on earth would make you think that Popeye's wouldn't think to actually spice the chicken on their spicy chicken?

Just because they spiced the mayo too?

Popeyes went into business for the purpose of putting spice right in/on the stinkin' chicken.

SMDH.
I have read numerous reports that the only differentiation between the spicy version and non spicy version is either getting the mayo or spicy sauce.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

Here's one review link if you need the receipts.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:12 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
so your a closet Frenchman?:-)
Actually I've been told it's a Scandinavian thing.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:12 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

FAIL.
How do you make creamy sauces without them?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up