ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 537 of 791
« First < 37437487527533534535536537 538539540541547587637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And if Speaks blows up this year and has a bunch of sacks?

I didn't like the pick either and I especially didn't like trading up to get him.

But what else are we going to do? Sit here and wring our hands in angst the whole time we have Patrick Mahomes because Veach screwed up his FIRST EVER draft pick?

They just got done shedding like $40M in salary cap anchors. Let's have a little hope.
Then I'm wrong.

Happens lots. To listen to me, Jonathan Baldwin would be easing out of his prime right now but still catching 60-70 balls for 1,000 yards/season.

The people who do this for a living don't bat 1.000. But man, I just do not see what they saw in Speaks when they made that pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:03 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It still wasn't as bad as Pioli's "I don't believe in positional value" or whatever such fucking idiocy he was spewing when he took Jackson at 3 overall.
And yet he had to be talked into drafting Berry by Dimitroff because of positional value.

Veach is clearly better than Pioli. To even make the comparison is retarded, sorry SNR still love ya buddy. I know you’re just being emotional.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:04 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So should they have done the same thing with Mahomes?

Veach is aggressive. That’s just who he is. He did the same thing with Nnadi who was a great pick. Relax.
2nd round.

Mahomes was 1st round. Top 10. The Chiefs said, "Mahomes is the best we're going to get at QB, because he's the best we've seen in the draft for quite a long time." He wasn't just some dude in at the top of their board in the 2nd round.

We constantly hear about players the Chiefs bring in because they had them rated high on their boards during the draft process in prior years. They just didn't get a chance to draft them.

That fucking happens. It happens all the fucking time. You can only depend on 7 draft picks each year, which means you often WON'T be able to take the guys you like.

Why couldn't Speaks have simply been one of those guys? Hell, Kendall Fuller was one of those guys and we ended up getting him anyway. Why was Breeland fucking Speaks so goddamn special? At this point, the only common thread I see is that there was a new guy making draft decisions last year. Therefore, I blame him.
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 03-14-2019
Dave Gettleman might be the worst GM in sports. And that's saying something.
[Reply]
O.city 03:06 PM 03-14-2019
IIRC, in last years 2nd round pass rushers started going off the board quick and they panicked and traded up for Speaks.

Or atleast that was my interpretation.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:07 PM 03-14-2019
Veach gets tunnel vision in free agency too. Goes and outbids everyone for his #1 targets.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:07 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dave Gettleman might be the worst GM in sports. And that's saying something.
What the Giants have done the last few months is a masterclass in “what not to do as an NFL Gm”

What a fucking dumbass. He’d make a great CP poster, though :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:08 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
2nd round.

Mahomes was 1st round. Top 10. The Chiefs said, "Mahomes is the best we're going to get at QB, because he's the best we've seen in the draft for quite a long time." He wasn't just some dude in at the top of their board in the 2nd round.

We constantly hear about players the Chiefs bring in because they had them rated high on their boards during the draft process in prior years. They just didn't get a chance to draft them.

That fucking happens. It happens all the fucking time. You can only depend on 7 draft picks each year, which means you often WON'T be able to take the guys you like.

Why couldn't Speaks have simply been one of those guys? Hell, Kendall Fuller was one of those guys and we ended up getting him anyway. Why was Breeland fucking Speaks so goddamn special? At this point, the only common thread I see is that there was a new guy making draft decisions last year. Therefore, I blame him.
The round is irrelvelant. I’m simply talking about him being aggressive in getting the guys he loves. He also did in the 3rd round with Nnadi who was a great pick.

I’d rather him go get somebody he loves than settle for somebody he likes because there seems to be plenty of evidence that the guy has a special eye for talent.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:08 PM 03-14-2019
And yet he had to be talked into drafting Berry by Dimitroff because of positional value.

Veach is clearly better than Pioli. To even make the comparison is retarded, sorry SNR still love ya buddy. I know you’re just being emotional.
No question I think Veach is superior to Pioli. But that doesn't change the fact that Veach sounded like a complete fool when he talked about the process the team took to acquire Breeland Speaks in the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
IIRC, in last years 2nd round pass rushers started going off the board quick and they panicked and traded up for Speaks.

Or atleast that was my interpretation.
Exactly how I saw it as well.

Mahomes was aggressively attacking the board to get your guy. Speaks was letting the board play you and locking in on a single position.

The two situations are pretty easily distinguishable.
[Reply]
penchief 03:08 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Tremon Smith was a top 3 kick returner in the league (#2 according to PFF). That was a GREAT pick.
I agree, but he'd have more value as a capable corner. That said, I still have hope for Speaks, Watts, O'Daniel, and Smith. At least a couple of them will be solid contributors.

I'm willing to go easy on Veach for his first draft due to no first round pick. That may have contributed to his eagerness to move up a couple times. Dorsey's first draft was probably worse. He had the overall first pick and Fisher is the only thing we have to show for that draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 03-14-2019
The round is irrelvelant. I’m simply talking about him being aggressive in getting the guys he loves. He also did in the 3rd round with Nnadi who was a great pick.

Id rather him go get somebody he loves than settle for somebody he likes because there seems to be plenty of evidence that the guy has a special eye for talent.
But do you think he actually loved Speaks?

Or do you think he saw a run coming together and wasn't willing to pivot? It looks to me like a guy who was afraid of getting left out in the cold and rather than adjust his plan to the available talent, he forced a decision.

I don't think he loved Speaks, I think he had him as the best available pass-rusher left and was committed to the position rather than the player.

That's a mistake.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
I agree, but he'd have more value as a capable corner. That said, I still have hope for Speaks, Watts, O'Daniel, and Smith. At least a couple of them will be solid contributors.

I'm willing to go easy on Veach for his first draft due to no first round pick. That may have contributed to his eagerness to move up a couple times. Dorsey's first draft was probably worse. He had the overall first pick and Fisher is the only thing we have to show for that draft.
That Kelce fella ain't half bad...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:11 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
He had the overall first pick and Fisher is the only thing we have to show for that draft.
Kelce too.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:11 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No question I think Veach is superior to Pioli. But that doesn't change the fact that Veach sounded like a complete fool when he talked about the process the team took to acquire Breeland Speaks in the draft.
Ok fair enough. But have some hope man! If we get Darby, Veach is off to a great start and he’s got much more draft capital to work with this time. Have faith and remind yourself that this is the man that did the dirty work to make sure Reid and Dorsey fell in love with Mahomes too.
[Reply]
Page 537 of 791
« First < 37437487527533534535536537 538539540541547587637 > Last »
Up