ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 328
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 12:18 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Unfortunately it always ends like this for all comers.
:-)
[Reply]
DeepSouth 12:57 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

I think either Boyer or Grimm will be gone when Karns is activated.
And, Clay Buchholz has to be on the Royals MLB roster by May 1st or he can opt out.
That's two good excuses to get rid of them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:12 PM 04-19-2018
Ned said earlier that he sees Karns as the 8th inning guy.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:23 PM 04-19-2018
I want to see Karns healthy before I start thinking of him as any kind of bullpen savior.

I'm nervous that the Royals seem to be slow-playing his injury, again.

April 7: The Royals had held out some hope that right-hander Nate Karns, on the disabled list with elbow inflammation, could have been activated by this weekend. That won't happen.

"He's getting closer," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "He threw on the side today. We'd like to get that fluid out soon, just get him going. We need to get him going."

He's becoming Kyle Zimmer Jr.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:19 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I don't see why its strange at all.

Royals - Omaha, Nebraska and Springdale, Arkansas
Cardinals - Memphis, Tennessee and Springfield, Missouri
Rangers - Round Rock, Texas and Frisco, Texas
Astros - Fresno, California and Corpus Christi, Texas (Astros moving their AAA to San Antonio)

Which of the 4 local teams should move their minor league teams to Oklahoma?
What I"m saying is I think Milb and MLB is doing it wrong. You should always align your minor league teams (ESPECIALLY AAA and AA) to be in your region as a way to be able to reach fans in other nearby markets to coax them into becoming Royals fans.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:18 PM 04-20-2018
Just think of all the guys we get to trade in three months:
-Danny Duffy
-Mike Moustakas
-Lucas Duda
-Jason Hammel
-Salvador Perez
-Kelvin Herrera
-Clay Buchholtz
-Ian Kennedy
-Whit Merrifield
-Jon Jay
-Alcides Escobar

KEEP:
-Junis
-Mondesi
-Bonifacio
-Mccarthy
-Cuthbert
-Gordon (because we have to)

SHOOT IN THE DESERT:
-Maurer
-Boyer
-Grimm
-Almonte
-Goins
-Skoglund
-Birch Smith

Those guys should get us some decent shit to replenish our farm system. Almost best case scenario. Starting pitching doing well and guys like Whit, Moose who have value doing well. Tradable assets performing while our broke jagoffs in the pen blow it.
[Reply]
Bufkin 04:23 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What I"m saying is I think Milb and MLB is doing it wrong. You should always align your minor league teams (ESPECIALLY AAA and AA) to be in your region as a way to be able to reach fans in other nearby markets to coax them into becoming Royals fans.
It would be “are doing it wrong”, not “is doing it wrong” since you’re addressing both the MLB and MiLB.
[Reply]
jimidollar 05:54 PM 04-20-2018
I know the Royals are in full on tank mode, but perhaps they should mix in a win every 8 games or so just to keep fans coming to the stadium.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:06 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
I know the Royals are in full on tank mode, but perhaps they should mix in a win every 8 games or so just to keep fans coming to the stadium.
They're trying to win every game.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:21 PM 04-20-2018
Whit startin' to whit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:27 PM 04-20-2018
I'd give moose 3 year 45
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:33 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just think of all the guys we get to trade in three months:
-Danny Duffy
-Mike Moustakas
-Lucas Duda
-Jason Hammel
-Salvador Perez
-Kelvin Herrera
-Clay Buchholtz
-Ian Kennedy
-Whit Merrifield
-Jon Jay
-Alcides Escobar

KEEP:
-Junis
-Mondesi
-Bonifacio
-Mccarthy
-Cuthbert
-Gordon (because we have to)

SHOOT IN THE DESERT:
-Maurer
-Boyer
-Grimm
-Almonte
-Goins
-Skoglund
-Birch Smith

Those guys should get us some decent shit to replenish our farm system. Almost best case scenario. Starting pitching doing well and guys like Whit, Moose who have value doing well. Tradable assets performing while our broke jagoffs in the pen blow it.
I bet.at most 4 of those guys get traded
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:38 PM 04-20-2018
Suddenly Jorge Soler is looking like one of our most promising prospects again.

500 AB's, Ned.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:13 PM 04-20-2018
You would think they'd back into a win at some point
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:34 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by ILChief:
You would think they'd back into a win at some point
Nailed it.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 328
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »