ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Hall of Classics>Women and Fire Fighters
chris 10:04 PM 11-11-2004
Being recently divorced after 13 years of marriage, I joined eHarmony.com and started emailng with numerous women.

One was pretty cool. After 4 months of emails, I decided to drive 3 hours to have lunch with her.

She was intelligent, witty, blond, and beautiful. WOW.

After lunch we walked around town talking; then passed a fire station. Her 3 yr son was with us and I got the BRIGHT idea to see if a Fire fighter would give us a tour.

This big burly guy said "sure" and proceeded to show us all the trucks and equipment. Fun for all was had.

Since the lunch, we sent emails back & forth planning my next trip for next week.

I'm thinking this is great! Someone like me who hasn't played the game for all these years has hit the jackpot with this wonderful woman.

THEN YESTERDAY, I get a email stating that she and the firefighter had "ran into" each other, and now they want a relationship with each other!! And the email ended with the dreaded words...."I hope we can still be friends".

Moral of the story: On a first date, don't go to a fire station.

:-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 07:05 PM 11-13-2004
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Used to have a dalmation (dumbest dog ever): check

I have a cocker spaniel that I'd wager is dumber than your dalmation.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 07:11 PM 11-13-2004
How do you measure dog dumbness? Does one of you have a dummeter?
[Reply]
Skip Towne 07:18 PM 11-13-2004
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
I have a really close friend who's a cop. (weird, aint it?) He describes his career like this...

"It's generally 8 hours of boredom, but now and then you have a few minutes of sheer terror... and that's when you have to remember how to do your job.."
That's an old pilot's saying. Our pilots (USAF) used to say in the 60's " Flying is hours and hours of boredom punctuated by a few minutes of sheer terror". Cops spend hours and hours of boredom punctuated by a jelly doughnut.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:34 PM 11-13-2004
Originally Posted by angel:
three out of the five you checked off are in the "used to" category... that just won't fly

ransom?

what does kidnapping have to do with anything?
Strength to carry you out of a building was my tie-in. It's weak. Sorry you were subjected to it.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:35 PM 11-13-2004
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
I have a cocker spaniel that I'd wager is dumber than your dalmation.
My bitch didn't know what to do with her puppies, so she ate them.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:37 PM 11-13-2004
Originally Posted by ENDelt260:
Maybe she was just afraid one would someday usurp her power.
Okay - whatever the hell that means. :-)
[Reply]
teedubya 01:53 AM 01-13-2005
hall of fame material?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up