View Poll Results: People are hoarding toilet paper because they are:
Stupid 34 16.50%
Selfish 6 2.91%
Stupid and selfish 151 73.30%
Other. Please explain in thread. 15 7.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 30
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Idiots are hoarding toilet paper because?
Pitt Gorilla 01:20 PM 03-14-2020
We know the idiots hoarding bottled water have zero idea about how viruses spread, the water supply, and anything, really. The toilet paper people are similarly perplexing, but their idiocy is at least worth consideration.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:55 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Needed laundry soap today and Wal Mart was near wiped out. They had a few containers left. Why hoard laundry soap?
I can’t speak for everyone, but I have a family of 4. I bought enough of everything to last 2 months, so we won’t need to leave the house (unfortunately my wife works in health care, so she has to work but is allowed to only work 20 hours during this craziness in 4 days)

In a month, I don’t want any of us going into Walmart or even our local Hyvee...that’s a risk we can afford to avoid.

I bought 3 of the big containers of laundry soap and I’m not a hoarder.

Just prepared.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:56 PM 03-21-2020
Literally the definition of hoarding.

Just go to the store bro.
[Reply]
bricks 10:16 PM 03-21-2020
Question, does anyone here know how it works with relationships like supply/demand and cost?

I would like to think that if the demand of something is high, then the cost of it would also be high. Sort of like a positive correlational relationship.

And if the demand of something is low, then the cost would be low?

So all these idiots that hoard all the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizers, soaps you name it, etc....are they now driving up the cost of those things given of what I'd like to think would be not a limited supply but I would imagine a lot less.

I know we live in North America and all; we have one of the best supply chains in the world in regards to those goods but damn people need to start thinking along these lines and make rationally driven decisions and not emotional.

Economical wise this may bite everyone else in the ass. We are going to go into a recession from all this and all we need is for the cost of these items to be driven up.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:17 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Literally the definition of hoarding.

Just go to the store bro.
My store is right across from a Walmart. I don’t want to go in there if this thing gets worse in a month. I’d rather dodge that bullet to ensure my families safety. You can continue to go to the store and roll the dice, if you like.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:19 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by bricks:
Question, does anyone here know how it works with relationships like supply/demand and cost?

I would like to think that if the demand of something is high, then the cost of it would also be high. Sort of like a positive correlational relationship.

So all these idiots that hoard all the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizers, soaps you name it, etc....are they now driving up the cost of those things given of what I'd like to think would be not a limited supply but I would imagine a lot less.

I know we live in North America and all; we have one of the best supply chains in the world in regards to those goods but damn people need to see along thinking along these lines and make rationally driven decisions and not emotional.

Economical wise this may bite everyone else in the ass. We are going to go into a recession from all this and all we need is for the cost of these items to be driven up.
What happens to our supply chain if it stops having the words “made in China” all over it?
[Reply]
bricks 10:21 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What happens to our supply chain if it stops having the words “made in China” all over it?

I get it. It would increase. Some of it is not in our control but it should be if we could start getting some of those supplies back. Including drugs!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:37 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by bricks:

So all these idiots that hoard all the toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizers, soaps you name it, etc....are they now driving up the cost of those things given of what I'd like to think would be not a limited supply but I would imagine a lot less?

There has been a lot of push back against price gouging. So stock sales out quick or they try some sort of rationing.

Which on the one hand I understand but it does distort the market. If you have some sort of production line and you could retool it to make hand sanitizer but it would cost 20 times normal retail, you probably aren't going to do it if you have to sell it at a loss.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:50 PM 03-21-2020
MSM driven hysteria.

People lives their lives by being controlled by the media.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:58 PM 03-21-2020
I'm making a big ol' pot of chili. I'm gonna run through these shit tickets and still have that gritty butthole. Can't wait to poop that ultimate poop. That elusive 2 pounder. I'll take pics when it hits and show you the paper used so you understand I'm a conservationist.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:10 PM 03-21-2020
I'm starting to get annoyed the toilet paper thing. We have a supply, but we're, um, working our way through it, and our store shelves have been empty for 10+ days now. I don't know if they're rationing it or not (which would be a good idea), but whatever's happening, supply is not catching up with demand yet. I figure there's some house in my neighborhood that has a massive three-story toilet paper fort in the backyard.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:12 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm starting to get annoyed the toilet paper thing. We have a supply, but we're, um, working our way through it, and our store shelves have been empty for 10+ days now. I don't know if they're rationing it or not (which would be a good idea), but whatever's happening, supply is not catching up with demand yet. I figure there's some house in my neighborhood that has a massive three-story toilet paper fort in the backyard.
American people went to war against the supply chains. And for what reason?

Media drive hysteria?
[Reply]
scho63 11:39 PM 03-21-2020
I've just decided to use an old rag instead and wash it after each use.......:-)

Saves me a ton of money. :-)
[Reply]
bricks 11:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
There has been a lot of push back against price gouging. So stock sales out quick or they try some sort of rationing.

Which on the one hand I understand but it does distort the market. If you have some sort of production line and you could retool it to make hand sanitizer but it would cost 20 times normal retail, you probably aren't going to do it if you have to sell it at a loss.
I could totally accept the push back on price gauging given the harsh circumstances were facing.

Im also very pleased about rationing. It makes life easier for us, the consumers. Im seeing this in a lot of stores now where the distributor is limiting the number of items sold to like 2-3 per consumer per say. Good. Im happy about that. We need that. But, I could see this being one of those situations where it beneficial for the consumer and not so much for the manufacturer.

I would imagine that being hard on the manufacturer probably due to regulatory reasons. Good for the consumer but bad for the manufacturer.

I would not like to be in the position of a manufacturer right now. Thats probably hard. Greater demand for a product but limited in profit. More revenue to produce but selling for less. That sucks. Lots of these companies must be losing big.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:12 AM 03-22-2020
Sure. But if they were allowed to start charging $50 for a pack of TP that normally cost $10, I bet not too many people would be buying it by the grocery cart load. And every store would have some.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:19 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I can’t speak for everyone, but I have a family of 4. I bought enough of everything to last 2 months, so we won’t need to leave the house (unfortunately my wife works in health care, so she has to work but is allowed to only work 20 hours during this craziness in 4 days)

In a month, I don’t want any of us going into Walmart or even our local Hyvee...that’s a risk we can afford to avoid.

I bought 3 of the big containers of laundry soap and I’m not a hoarder.

Just prepared.
I was going to post before seeing this, that perhaps someone had a large family perhaps of all boys and the husband works a job where he gets dirty. That requires a load of laundry soap.

I don't consider two months to be hoarding. It's short term. Hoarders or Preppers fill whole basements with such things.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 30
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up