ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A.J. Bouye Might be cut
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:33 AM 02-14-2020

I'm hearing the same thing on CB A.J. Bouye. If Jags eventually make this move for salary cap reasons, Bouye, a Pro Bowler and second-team All-Pro in 2017, becomes an intriguing option on open market. Chiefs CBs Kendall Fuller, Bashaud Breeland are set to be UFAs next month. https://t.co/Wx6qgb7jOC

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) February 14, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 01:36 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Patrick carved him up like a Jack 0 lantern
If that is the standard we're holding guys to then no CB is good enough lol.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:53 PM 02-14-2020
Pass.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:00 PM 02-14-2020
Tony Jefferson safety from the Ravens just got cut. Him and Honey Badger are really close. Would be really good depth for Thornhill
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:38 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Patrick carved him up like a Jack 0 lantern
I dont think we should sign him, but eh, who didnt Patrick carve up when healthy? Not really a fair dig at the guy.

That's like dogging a fighter that stepped into the ring with Tyson and got knocked out.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:41 PM 02-14-2020
Gonna want too much money I think.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:43 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I’d rather Veach sign someone not old, expensive and with a big ego.

So no Harris, no Bouye, and no Norman please.
Harris isn’t an ego guy.

He’s down to earth, went to college in Kansas and wants to play slot corner. He also hates losing and had nice things to say about us after recent matchups.

I honestly think he’s the guy that will be our reverse Neil Smith.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:45 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Harris isn’t an ego guy.

He’s down to earth, went to college in Kansas and wants to play slot corner. He also hates losing and had nice things to say about us after recent matchups.

Fair enough.

Every time I think of old corners though I have nightmares about Darrelle Revis in 2017.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:49 PM 02-14-2020
I’m in the camp that doesn’t want to see us make a single
move in the first week of free agency. Let other teams blow up the cap and depress the market.

Then get 90% of the player for 30% of the cost.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:02 PM 02-14-2020
I’d rather keep Breeland if we’re going to open up the pocketbook for a corner.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:10 PM 02-14-2020
After getting all our studs signed, we’re gonna be scraping the bottom of the cap barrel... prolly gonna have to draft a LB
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:12 PM 02-14-2020
Guys were not going to have to money to sign guys like Boyue
[Reply]
Mecca 04:39 PM 02-14-2020
Chris Harris has said a bunch of stuff that makes you think he'd like to play for the Chiefs, it's a matter of finding that money though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:56 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Chris Harris has said a bunch of stuff that makes you think he'd like to play for the Chiefs, it's a matter of finding that money though.
He can come play here if he’ll take like $5-$6 million a season. I don’t want to pay him $11-$12 million a year.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:02 PM 02-14-2020
As many have already mentioned, the new strategy is pay your own key franchise guys, draft well and bargain shop in FA while also picking up some key veterans on the cheap looking to chase a ring. No more big splashy FA signings for a few years.

Get it done, Veach.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 05:14 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Harris isn’t an ego guy.

I would be on board with this but the cap number has to be right. He would have to take a pay cut to come here.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up