ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>NFT: I need to redo a bathroom. Anybody proud of theirs?
Buehler445 07:32 AM 02-13-2020
I have a bathroom that is in dire need of an upgrade. There isn't a ton that can be done with the space, but Christ almighty it's a pain in the fucking ass to find anything on bathrooms. Kitchens? Massive amount of design ideas, products, features, whatever. Bathrooms? A couple shitty pinterest posts. If anybody is a non-pinterest user and tries to get anything OUT of pinterest (pictures and whatnot), Seppuku suddenly seems reasonable.

I digress.

Anybody have any features or designs in their bathroom they're proud of?

Essentially mine consists of:
A shower (replaced shortly before I moved in I'm not going to mess with)
72" double sink cabinet vanity
A full length huge ass built in vanity above the sink with bypass mirror doors.
Shit flooring
A closet with bypass doors.
Toilet I probably won't replace.
1 outlet (:-))

The wall next to the shower is just sheetrock with crappy trim that is starting to show some effects from moisture.

I need to get some more electricity in there and probably different lighting. I'm guessing the electricity will require the big wall vanity to come out. If it doesn't I need to do something with the bypass mirrors regardless.

Some dicknose along the way painted all the wood in the house (trim, doors, whatever). Which I wouldn't hate so much if they would have chosen to SAND THE POLYURITHANE OFF FIRST. The fucks. They did not, so it all looks like dog balls.

I need some ideas, if anyone has any.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:30 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
You just stomped on my dreams!!! Is it really that bad?
We don't have a water softener, as there's never been a place to install one in our home, so the hard water (DWP) pretty much destroyed the shower panel, bathroom and kitchen faucets along with shower heads.

I purchased Grohe faucets for the master bath and kitchen that were about $450 each back in 2003/2004 because my wife wanted the Master bath faucets to match the kitchen faucet. They barely made it six years due to the water. The handles would get stuck and freeze. The hard water became visible on the fixtures but using a hard water remover like Lime Away also removes the finish.

As for the Grohe shower panel, the valve began leaking about 5 years after installation and the shower head became completely useless. And unless you turn on the jets at least once a week, they'll clog and become unusable because the sediment just sits in the head and eventually blocks the water.

To top that off, the Grohe cartridges are nearly impossible to replace and as I mentioned earlier, I had to have a 2' x 2' area around the valve ripped out so that the valve could be replaced. Such a waste of time and money.

That said, I haven't had any issues with my Maxx Jacuzzi in the master, probably because the jets are much larger than the shower panel's jets. I'd recommend two shower heads in the master bath as opposed to a shower panel, at least for DWP water.

We had several metal rain shower heads that just got the point where they were so clogged that I had to replace them. Instead of spending a ton of dough on replacements, I just started buying 8" rain shower heads on Amazon for $30 dollars or less because it would have been a waste of money to purchase something more expensive. These look good and appear to be metal, so we aren't losing anything visually.

Such is life with extremely hard water...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:36 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Pinterest is the bane of my existence.
I take it you've never purchased and assembled something from IKEA?

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:44 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I take it you've never purchased and assembled something from IKEA?

:-)
LOL

Correct, sir. I live a hell of a long way away from one.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:46 PM 02-14-2020
The only thing harder than your water Dane, is my penis while seeing you post on CP.

As always, nice to see you.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL

Correct, sir. I live a hell of a long way away from one.
Aren't you the lucky one! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
We don't have a water softener, as there's never been a place to install one in our home, so the hard water (DWP) pretty much destroyed the shower panel, bathroom and kitchen faucets along with shower heads.

I purchased Grohe faucets for the master bath and kitchen that were about $450 each back in 2003/2004 because my wife wanted the Master bath faucets to match the kitchen faucet. They barely made it six years due to the water. The handles would get stuck and freeze. The hard water became visible on the fixtures but using a hard water remover like Lime Away also removes the finish.

As for the Grohe shower panel, the valve began leaking about 5 years after installation and the shower head became completely useless. And unless you turn on the jets at least once a week, they'll clog and become unusable because the sediment just sits in the head and eventually blocks the water.

To top that off, the Grohe cartridges are nearly impossible to replace and as I mentioned earlier, I had to have a 2' x 2' area around the valve ripped out so that the valve could be replaced. Such a waste of time and money.

That said, I haven't had any issues with my Maxx Jacuzzi in the master, probably because the jets are much larger than the shower panel's jets. I'd recommend two shower heads in the master bath as opposed to a shower panel, at least for DWP water.

We had several metal rain shower heads that just got the point where they were so clogged that I had to replace them. Instead of spending a ton of dough on replacements, I just started buying 8" rain shower heads on Amazon for $30 dollars or less because it would have been a waste of money to purchase something more expensive. These look good and appear to be metal, so we aren't losing anything visually.

Such is life with extremely hard water...
Dad bought one of these for the office. It is servicable. You still get hard water spots, but they wipe right off as opposed to bonding to the metal.

I prefer the water softener at my house, but he didn't want to monkey with it and it works well enough. We bought cheap shitty fixtures for the office and they held up.

Might be worth a shot. You don't have to pay for too many fixtures to get to breakeven to give it a shot.

https://easywater.com/

EDIT: Shit - forgot the link.
[Reply]
scho63 12:40 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The only thing harder than your water Dane, is my penis while seeing you post on CP.

As always, nice to see you.
If you suck any harder you're going to get lockjaw. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:47 AM 02-15-2020
If you want pinterest ideas I have a fiance who is on Pinterest. I could post some pics of the bathrooms not my fiance.
[Reply]
olout 07-29-2020, 02:57 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up