ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Guess the suspensions for each player.
*** Alleged perpetrator #1 - Larry Ogunjobi 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 6 5.66%
No suspension, but with a fine. 29 27.36%
1 game suspension 28 26.42%
2-3 game suspension 17 16.04%
4-5 game suspension 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, back next year 5 4.72%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 3 2.83%
*** Alleged perpetrator #2 - Mason Rudolph 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 31 29.25%
No suspension, but with a fine. 35 33.02%
1 game suspension 18 16.98%
2-3 game suspension 7 6.60%
4-5 game suspension 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, back next year 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #3 - Maurkice Pouncey 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 3 2.83%
No suspension, but with a fine. 8 7.55%
1 game suspension 24 22.64%
2-3 game suspension 39 36.79%
4-5 game suspension 9 8.49%
Remainder of the season, back next year 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #4 - Myles Garret 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 1 0.94%
No suspension, but with a fine. 2 1.89%
1 game suspension 2 1.89%
2-3 game suspension 4 3.77%
4-5 game suspension 4 3.77%
Remainder of the season, back next year 51 48.11%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 32 30.19%
*** Other thoughts and theories. Check all that apply. 5 4.72%
Von Miller instigated this. 20 18.87%
Mason Rudolph caused it because he's chasing an NFL record for hits to the head. 12 11.32%
I bet Roethlisberger roofied Garrett's sister. 18 16.98%
Mike Tomlin should have stepped onto the field to block Garrett's path. 9 8.49%
Garrett, you played Brady recently. You couldn't do us a favor? 28 26.42%
I have no additional thoughts or theories at this time. 11 10.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll
Page 17 of 30
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble.
Rain Man 12:28 AM 11-15-2019
Winner gets to push down the NFL player of their choice and stomp on his head.

Poll arriving sometime after the whistle.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:38 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
The same amount of blame a younger brother gets for getting physical with his much older, bigger, and stronger brother who then over reacts and bludgeons him with whatever is at hand.

No one is saying that Rudy deserved to get Riddell imprinted on his head. But it isn't wrong to acknowledge that he "started" that shit. Not only round 1 (on the ground) but also round 2 (after DeCastro had separated them) and he got clocked.
“Well sure, the rape was awful, but did you SEE what she was wearing?”

Again, we’re not talking about a run of the mill personal foul here, or a little brother illfatedly attacking his big brother. We’re talking about something that could reasonably be construed as attempted murder, and could possibly still be pursued as such.

There are no mitigating circumstances. Nothing Rudolph COULD have done would have warranted that response.

Again, what percentage of the blame do you assign to Rudolph? Give me a number.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:40 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So do you think Sammy Watkins was being a little shit when he was going at it with myles jack?

Myles jack went berzerk. For good reason, nobody even mentioned Watkins. Because being a little shit doesn't justify a berzerk retaliation. I didnt think a player would outdo that this year, but Garrett was Jack psycho times 1000.

Anyone even focusing on Rudolph is basically like seeing a teacher who bodyslams a student into the ground and saying... Well maybe the little shit shouldn't have been throwing spitballs. Rudolph may have been a little shit but that means nothing when Garrett goes way beyond overreaction.
:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:47 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I don’t care about Garrett. I actively dislike Rudolph. So I have no skin in the game. I guess I just don’t see why anyone would be inclined to say “well sure, he tried to murder Rudolph, but RUDOLPH STARTED IT!!!”

Especially when there isn’t even a consensus that Rudolph actually did start it, which is a decidedly minority view, from what I’ve seen.
I am not defending Garrett's helmet swing and don't think anyone can.

Everything that happened prior that though, they were both at fault but not something they would be suspended over.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 11-15-2019
Here is the "late hit". Such an egregious tackle... might as well have given him a "Stone Cold Stunner" with as violent as that takedown was.

Do you know who Joe Thomas is and who he played for?

I’m not here to get up in anyone’s ass over this, I’m finding it ridiculous quite frankly since it’s not my team involved

But I’m not seeing any definitive “instigation” by Rudolph, it was a bullshit hit with seconds left and the game well in hand, that Garrett wouldn’t let go of once he had him down IMO

Also, the so called nut kick was a joke... he had NO room to generate any kind of real force, and could well have been just him kicking around trying to get back on his feet
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:52 PM 11-15-2019
“Well sure, the rape was awful, but did you SEE what she was wearing?”
That is a horrible analogy. A woman wearing "revealing" clothing is not akin to ripping at a dude's helmet. Not even close and it is ludicrous that you would associate the two.

Originally Posted by :
Again, we’re not talking about a run of the mill personal foul here, or a little brother illfatedly attacking his big brother. We’re talking about something that could reasonably be construed as attempted murder, and could possibly still be pursued as such.

There are no mitigating circumstances. Nothing Rudolph COULD have done would have warranted that response.
I'm fairly certain I said this. Wait... I did! You must have missed it with those eyes you trust so much.

No one is saying that Rudy deserved to get Riddell imprinted on his head.
Originally Posted by :
Again, what percentage of the blame do you assign to Rudolph? Give me a number.
Again

The same amount of blame a younger brother gets for getting physical with his much older, bigger, and stronger brother who then over reacts and bludgeons him with whatever is at hand.
There is zero justification for what Myles did. ZERO. NONE.

***THAT SAID***

But it isn't wrong to acknowledge that he "started" that shit. Not only round 1 (on the ground) but also round 2 (after DeCastro had separated them) and he got clocked.
What is that saying? Oh yes.

Don't start no shit and there won't be no shit.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:54 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

But I’m not seeing any definitive “instigation” by Rudolph, it was a bullshit hit with seconds left and the game well in hand, that Garrett wouldn’t let go of once he had him down IMO
Here is the clip in case you missed it. Rudy's hands were on Myles helmet the second they went to the ground. It wasn't a Garrett wouldn't let him go once on the ground situation at all.

[Reply]
dirk digler 04:58 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So do you think Sammy Watkins was being a little shit when he was going at it with myles jack?

Myles jack went berzerk. For good reason, nobody even mentioned Watkins. Because being a little shit doesn't justify a berzerk retaliation. I didnt think a player would outdo that this year, but Garrett was Jack psycho times 1000.

Anyone even focusing on Rudolph is basically like seeing a teacher who bodyslams a student into the ground and saying... Well maybe the little shit shouldn't have been throwing spitballs. Rudolph may have been a little shit but that means nothing when Garrett goes way beyond overreaction.
I think you are being a little over dramatic because it was the first game of the year and everybody was a little hyped up. Jack didn't even get suspended for throwing a punch.

You also can't compare a teacher\kid confrontation with 2 NFL players trying to take each other's helmet off (only talking about what happened prior to the helmet swing)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:11 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't care about your race and neither does anyone else dude, take a ****ing pill. He was wondering what your obsession over this topic is considering you are neither a Browns fan or Steelers fan.

Is Rudolph part of the whole thing? Sure but he took exception to being roughed up, it happens all the time. You think anyone would be getting fined or suspended had Garrett not started swinging the helmet? No.

In no way shape or form does any of it excuse Garrett's actions. Period. So yea thats the hot topic.
Sorry, but that's not the case. That shitbag's first response to me is ask "am I black?" Not, "are you a Myles Garrett fan?" or "Are you a Browns fan? Or whatever. It's "Am I black?" He went straight to race.

A couple posts later I say "I'm not white," to which he responds, "I knew it! :-)!"

So his second reply to me was also racial.

Being an idiot, he assumes from my reply that I'm black.

Obviously my race is very important to him. By adding the ":-)!" his intention is also clear and obvious: he wants to discount my comments and opinion due entirely to my race. Not the relevance of my comments or anything else.

He obviously believes that because I'm not white, I can't have an intelligent opinion or participate in rational discussion.

My error was to include anyone else in that confrontation.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:27 PM 11-15-2019
That is a horrible analogy. A woman wearing "revealing" clothing is not akin to ripping at a dude's helmet. Not even close and it is ludicrous that you would associate the two.

I'm fairly certain I said this. Wait... I did! You must have missed it with those eyes you trust so much.

Again

There is zero justification for what Myles did. ZERO. NONE.

***THAT SAID***

What is that saying? Oh yes.

Don't start no shit and there won't be no shit.
I just rewatched the entire sequence. First time I’ve watched the game footage and not just highlights. And it paints Garrett in an even WORSE light to me, which I didn’t think was possible.

Everything was over. DeCastro and Feiler stood Garrett up and were backing him away when Garrett FIGHTS THROUGH them to get back to Rudolph and rip his helmet off. Considering what followed I have two thoughts-first of all, Garrett is even more of a loose cannon than I thought and second, if Rudolph hadn’t gotten angry, I would seriously wonder what kind of dude he is. So I don’t know how on earth you can claim that Rudolph “started it”. He clearly didn’t.

Furthermore, the ball was gone for a good 2 seconds when Garrett turned Rudolph around and twisted him to the ground. Watch it again. There is NO WAY Garrett didn’t know that ball was gone. Feiler throws up his arms like WTF, so he certainly thought it was late and uncalled for. They go to pull him off and that’s when he fights back through them.

Whatever I guess. :-)

Also, that was a perfect analogy and it wasn’t about the ripping off of the helmet, it was about using it as a weapon.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:33 PM 11-15-2019

Also, that was a perfect analogy and it wasn’t about the ripping off of the helmet, it was about using it as a weapon.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:40 PM 11-15-2019
I mean, I guess you can call Rudolph the instigator, if you consider it unreasonable for him to get irritated when a dude who outweighs him by a hundred pounds hits him late, twists him to the ground, and then fights through two huge offensive linemen to rip his helmet off.

What the heck’s his problem?:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:42 PM 11-15-2019
I think they should let them play... :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:07 PM 11-15-2019
I think it’s telling that Rudolph wasn’t initially fined. That is the NFL apparently testing the winds and deciding that there is enough support to fine him. They’re trying to cover all the bases.

Rapoport just said on NFLN that Rudolph wasn’t suspended because “he did nothing to warrant that response, unlike some of the other parties”.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:09 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sorry, but that's not the case. That shitbag's first response to me is ask "am I black?" Not, "are you a Myles Garrett fan?" or "Are you a Browns fan? Or whatever. It's "Am I black?" He went straight to race.

A couple posts later I say "I'm not white," to which he responds, "I knew it! :-)!"

So his second reply to me was also racial.

Being an idiot, he assumes from my reply that I'm black.

Obviously my race is very important to him. By adding the ":-)!" his intention is also clear and obvious: he wants to discount my comments and opinion due entirely to my race. Not the relevance of my comments or anything else.

He obviously believes that because I'm not white, I can't have an intelligent opinion or participate in rational discussion.

My error was to include anyone else in that confrontation.
Maybe it’s just that your take is so bad he’s searching for an explanation other than reasoned analysis. :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:13 PM 11-15-2019
I mean, I guess you can call Rudolph the instigator, if you consider it unreasonable for him to get irritated when a dude who outweighs him by a hundred pounds hits him late, twists him to the ground, and then fights through two huge offensive linemen to rip his helmet off.

What the heck’s his problem?:-)
I didn't realize that Rudy was a time traveler that had his helmet ripped off BEFORE he attempted to do the same thing to another player... while playing a game called "hit the guy with the ball".

Stop it with the hitting him late bullshit. I posted a clip showing Rudy being hit as he threw.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11-15-2019, 07:40 PM
This message has been deleted by Naptown Chief.
Page 17 of 30
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up