ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 324
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
stevieray 06:02 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Barring a complete overhaul of the coaching staff....I'd move Mike Smith to LBs coach, keep Reid at defensive line and trash Harris/Thomas.
Thomas retired.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:02 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Thomas retired.
Well we're half way there then.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:02 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Barring a complete overhaul of the coaching staff....I'd move Mike Smith to LBs coach, keep Reid at defensive line and trash Harris/Thomas.
DJ as an assistant, I bet. I'm sure Spagnuolo and Reid have already had a conversation or two about it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:02 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You think other teams don’t know we are not going to pay him. He has no place in a 4-3
Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney played in a 4-3...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:03 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Right now there are three very good explanations for his last three defenses shortcomings. We will see if they are excuses, or if they are reasons. I have no expectations of a consistent top 10 defense. But I really doubt his defense is going to be one of the worst. I think his floor is bottom third with a decent shot to be top 20.
What are those explanations?
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:03 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The point was about the status quo. Whether Andy hired one of his buddies and everything is going to stay the same? Normally a new coordinator strips things down and kicks ass. They want their guys, not someone else's.

If the only thing that changes is the name of our Defensive Coordinator then that is disappointing.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

yep
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:04 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney played in a 4-3...
K your point?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:04 PM 01-24-2019
I'll wait to see what we do at the draft, free agency, training camp and HOLY SHIT MAYBE EVEN A LIVE REGULAR SEASON FOOTBALL GAME OR TWO before I get too worked up one way or the other about this.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:04 PM 01-24-2019
What a surprise! Andy hires an old buddy.

Hopefully this doesn’t fuck Pat and all of us out of a couple more Super Bowls . . . .
[Reply]
In58men 06:04 PM 01-24-2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:04 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
What are those explanations?
Fallout of Bountygate and McAdoo being a total dumpster fire of a head coach. I don't necessarily agree with them, but those are the arguments.
[Reply]
In58men 06:05 PM 01-24-2019
Sorry for my Q
[Reply]
In58men 06:05 PM 01-24-2019
Reid knows what he’s doing. There’s no doubt about it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:05 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fallout of Bountygate and McAdoo being a total dumpster fire of a head coach. I don't necessarily agree with them, but those are the arguments.
Basically he bad at making adjustments?
[Reply]
Meatloaf 06:05 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
To me, I interpret this hire as a nice breath of fresh air.

Some ppl think Spags is Sutton 2.0.

I'll say this, Spags isn't passive and don't coach like a pussy like Sutton does. At least he is aggressive and will try to attack the opposing offense unlike grandpa Bob who trembles in fear and is afraid to give up the big plays. Im sick of the prevent and 3 man rush and DB's playing off rather than pressing. I think we'll see less of that with Spags.

I remembered with the Giants, Spags ran and emphasized on a blitz heavy scheme which is totally Anti-Sutton. it's about time we get aggressive rather than passive. Im at least looking forward to us attacking more as a defense. That'll be nice to see.
I'm with you bricks. Anything to get away from that damn passive-ass defensive mindset. Ugh.

And what's with all of the "Reid and his old cronies"? Were he and Bienemy old cronies? Seems like Bienemy only played one year for Reid in Philly? How about he and Sutton? Was there a close relationship there before Reid hired Sutton?

Now, if the thought is that he's very loyal to the people he's hired, well that might be true to a point (ask Uncle Bob about that point), but that's not the same thing as a new hire.

I also heard the argument that a Spags hire was too "easy". Gosh, maybe that means that Spags met all of Reid's needs to a T. That's not "easy", that's great!

Color me homer, but I'm very excited to see a DC that isn't (A) learning the ropes of how to be an NFL DC (no babysitting required!) and who (B) has an aggressive mindset.

Let's roll boys!!!
[Reply]
Page 16 of 324
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up