Page 232 of 934
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282332732 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
F150 11:11 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've got a little bit of that just because of the Dow spinoff. It's the only part of Dow that has been positive for me.
Forward look profitability is darn good, the Dicamba blow up opens the door for Enlist and its tied back to traits in cotton, beans and corn
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 AM 02-24-2020
Out of curiosity, why? I was just looking into that stock.
It’s kind of a convoluted mess, but Bayer (now) owns Monsanto. Monsanto owns Climate Corp. Climate has an application that takes application data. So Climate knows what it’s users are putting on in terms of varieties, herbicides, fertility, and most importantly, yield.

That’s not a new thing.

But what is new is they have some partnership with Tillable. Tillable is a marketplace type application that landlords can list their property and tenants can bid on it. WELLLLL it turns out they were using Climate data to “suggest” rental prices on some of the fields they had data for.

So they took data from their customers and used it to fuck them.

So as soon as it came out Climate “ended their partnership with Tillable”.

There isn’t a lot of pub nationally on it but there is real pushback in the farm community.

It may not amount to shit in terms of stock price. But between it and the roundup nonsense (which I don’t think will amount to much but don’t take that advice). But there were some pretty alarming retention rates for Climate. It may cascade into something it may not. But I’d steer clear.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 11:22 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Bristol-Myers Squibb Stock Is Falling as Celgene Deal Is Delayed. ... Shares of the company dropped sharply in pre-market trading, after a triple whammy of bad news for the firm, which is in the midst of a $74 billion acquisition of Celgene (ticker:
BMS/Celgene acquisition was finalized in Q4 of 2019.
[Reply]
scho63 11:27 AM 02-24-2020
I just bought 3 Apple CALL options with a 305 strike price that expire Friday for $2.31/ contract for a total of $701 with commissions.

I like to roll the dice.......hoping APPL pops back $5-6 and I'll sell
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:40 AM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
BMS/Celgene acquisition was finalized in Q4 of 2019.
:-)

When you put in BMS into google- these stories pop up- I should have dug a little deeper.

This company is a money maker- it should bounce back up by the end of the year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:44 AM 02-24-2020
Okay, I'll avoid Bayer for now.

I just dribbled a little money into ALC (flu doesn't stop people from getting eye surgery), NCLH (buy during crises is my motto), and FANUY and CGNX (robots don't get the flu).
The virus has been killing hotel stocks, cruise stocks and other travel providers.

Should be some good buys in this sector.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:54 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Exxon is at a great buy point with nearly 6% dividend
What’s everyone’s fascination with dividend stocks? Not that they are a bad thing but the dividend comes right off the share price. It’s not like some extra bonus some seem to fantasize about.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:06 PM 02-24-2020
I'm transferring some money but likely holding back for now.

We're pretty richly valued even if you ignore any risks from possible negative news. 19+ forward earnings and companies with international exposure have been reporting for weeks that they wouldn't hit their guidance.

From 2/19, so it's slid a bit but still we've had companies coming out daily saying they won't hit the estimates this chart is based off of

Starbucks, UnderArmor, Nike, Apple pulled their guidance. Tonight United Airlines and Mastercard have adjusted 2020 down. We had 30% stock upside last year w/ 0% earnings growth. Pretty much all based on the idea that central bank moves would help fuel a better year in 2020. The data looks like that was occurring but I think this virus could cause a bigger pullback. The market will do what it wants and could continue up but I think the risk/reward isn't that great here even down 5ish%.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:42 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What’s everyone’s fascination with dividend stocks? Not that they are a bad thing but the dividend comes right off the share price. It’s not like some extra bonus some seem to fantasize about.
Do some research on dividend paying stocks vs. non-dividend paying stocks in a bear market. You will have your answer.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:10 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It’s kind of a convoluted mess, but Bayer (now) owns Monsanto. Monsanto owns Climate Corp. Climate has an application that takes application data. So Climate knows what it’s users are putting on in terms of varieties, herbicides, fertility, and most importantly, yield.

That’s not a new thing.

But what is new is they have some partnership with Tillable. Tillable is a marketplace type application that landlords can list their property and tenants can bid on it. WELLLLL it turns out they were using Climate data to “suggest” rental prices on some of the fields they had data for.

So they took data from their customers and used it to fuck them.

So as soon as it came out Climate “ended their partnership with Tillable”.

There isn’t a lot of pub nationally on it but there is real pushback in the farm community.

It may not amount to shit in terms of stock price. But between it and the roundup nonsense (which I don’t think will amount to much but don’t take that advice). But there were some pretty alarming retention rates for Climate. It may cascade into something it may not. But I’d steer clear.
As some of you know I work in the advertising industry. One of my largest and most-consistent clients for the better part of a decade has been Bayer. I worked on the change management comma and internal mumbo-jumbo throughout the entire Monsanto acquisition. Have since rolled off the account much to my delight.

I wouldn’t touch that stock with a 10-foot pole. The leadership, be it crop science, animal health, environmental science, etc. is a disaster. There aren’t many decisions made by the ELT that don’t leave you scratching your head. And I’m not just talking about marketing. I’m talking about business decisions in general.

It’s a top-down thing in that organization. Even a brand that owns such equitable products like Aspirin and Copper Tone can’t get their shit together and stop spending money on mindless nonsense.

They’ll eventually restructure and move their entire operation (pharma excluded) to St Louis and the stock price will trickle upward due to efficiencies, but I’m not patient enough to wait for them to figure their shit out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 PM 02-24-2020
Out of curiosity, why? I was just looking into that stock.
Originally Posted by Strongside:
As some of you know I work in the advertising industry. One of my largest and most-consistent clients for the better part of a decade has been Bayer. I worked on the change management comma and internal mumbo-jumbo throughout the entire Monsanto acquisition. Have since rolled off the account much to my delight.

I wouldn’t touch that stock with a 10-foot pole. The leadership, be it crop science, animal health, environmental science, etc. is a disaster. There aren’t many decisions made by the ELT that don’t leave you scratching your head. And I’m not just talking about marketing. I’m talking about business decisions in general.

It’s a top-down thing in that organization. Even a brand that owns such equitable products like Aspirin and Copper Tone can’t get their shit together and stop spending money on mindless nonsense.

They’ll eventually restructure and move their entire operation (pharma excluded) to St Louis and the stock price will trickle upward due to efficiencies, but I’m not patient enough to wait for them to figure their shit out.
That’s interesting. Thanks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:35 PM 02-24-2020
It's so funny that Bayer came up because I just read the following article this week and was looking at Bayer. Kiplinger's is in love with them.

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/in...xt-decade.html

The only firm on that list that I currently hold is Boeing, and I was having a hard time getting excited about any of the others. Anyone got opinions on any of them?
[Reply]
Strongside 10:40 PM 02-24-2020
It's so funny that Bayer came up because I just read the following article this week and was looking at Bayer. Kiplinger's is in love with them.

The only firm on that list that I currently hold is Boeing, and I was having a hard time getting excited about any of the others. Anyone got opinions on any of them?
Nothing concrete, but I think Fox has potential. Their properties, (FX, Fox NES, FXX, etc) all draw wide viewership and I don’t see that stopping.

Fox News will pull in big ad dollars as we get closer to the election which makes the stock an intriguing play to buy now and potentially hold into the fall.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:57 PM 02-24-2020
Bought axsm mid Dec 2018

Sold before 2020
Think it went from 3 bucks to 90 something.
Lost 1/2 as much on other bets.
Axsm was the best for me in that decade
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:03 PM 02-24-2020

Without looking at their financials, I don’t see anything wrong with Tyson. The swine flu killed a tremendous amount. Like 1/3 or something of their substantial herd. Which is part of the reason soybeans are still in the toilet even after the trade agreement. Because they don’t have any hogs. Now I have no idea if Tyson will send stuff to China or not but the fact is it is out of the global supply chain and wherever it comes from Tyson can profit nicely from filling the void.

If their financials are in order that’s not a bad look. Plus I think the Holcomb plant opened recently or will open soon so the lost revenue should be returned in coming quarters.
[Reply]
Page 232 of 934
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242282332732 > Last »
Up