ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Do any of you still go to Long John Silvers?
Simply Red 05:50 PM 05-02-2012
I went last week & thought about you all.

Chicken planks are really good if you haven't had them in 10+yrs. I also like Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, these days.

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 02-14-2020
The one in my town has been here 40 years bare minimum and still going strong, I still go there several times a year... and it’s ALWAYS the 2 fish, 3 chicken platter
[Reply]
TLO 04:06 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Absolutely terrible food
Your choice to be a fan
[Reply]
listopencil 05:22 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Haven't been to one since I first started dating my wife in '94. If I want fish, there are much better options when you live close to the source

Um...
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:28 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Spokane Chief Fan:
Here in Spokane they had Long Johns in with Kentucky Fried. They just remodeled and took them out, so no LJS.
A little off topic but is there still a Bruchis on 29th? I seem to remember a Fish Shoppe right next to them. Can't remember the name though but it was a tasty place.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 07:32 PM 02-14-2020
I don't care what anyone says, LJS hushpuppies and LJS malt vinegar is amazing along with popeyes chicken sandwich, no pickles, extra mayo. I challenge anyone to come up with two better comfort foods.

LJS fish and LJS chicken are acceptable with malt vinegar and tarter sauce.

Did you know you can buy malt vinegar at the store?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:54 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
I don't care what anyone says, LJS hushpuppies and LJS malt vinegar is amazing along with popeyes chicken sandwich, no pickles, extra mayo. I challenge anyone to come up with two better comfort foods.

Tartar is for the chicken planks in my bizarro world

But malt on the fish and pups for sure
[Reply]
candyman 08:09 PM 02-14-2020
Easy, KFC Famous Bowl and Chic Fil A spicy chicken sandwich with extra pickles and one packet of mayo. You lose.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:15 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Your choice to be a fan
i think the guy who wrote that on twitter is now the AD at mo west where the chiefs training camp is.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:54 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The one in my town has been here 40 years bare minimum and still going strong, I still go there several times a year... and it’s ALWAYS the 2 fish, 3 chicken platter
I go probably twice a year and went SB Sunday. "We're out of chicken." I screamed FUCK and drove away.
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:19 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Outside of maybe drinking gasoline, or chewing on ghost peppers.......I dont think there's a food on the planet that wreaks as much havoc on your digestion system than LJS!

Maybe Jack-in-the-box tacos comes in a close 2nd!
You got that right...to the degree that my brother and I called it the 'yellow log'...and that was from the resultant defecation color. LJS was a guilty pleasure many, many years ago, but it's been well over a decade since. The only thing I remember was to say 'I want fries instead of slaw'...hated their coleslaw...
[Reply]
Fish 12:08 AM 02-15-2020

No pickles? On a Popeye's chicken sandwich?

The hell is wrong with you? That's what brings the whole flavor combination together...
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:28 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
No pickles? On a Popeye's chicken sandwich?

The hell is wrong with you? That's what brings the whole flavor combination together...
especially THEIR pickles - Now Wendy's pickles you can leave off.
[Reply]
srvy 01:30 AM 02-15-2020
Who eats chicken at a fish and chips place? The nearest LJS to me is 12 miles and its a combo with A&W Captain Ds is 3 miles so I go there mostly now which isnt often.

Really the only sandwich I can stand in McDonalds is the filet o fish or regular cheeseburger.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:44 AM 02-15-2020
I miss the chicken
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:43 AM 02-15-2020
Total guilty pleasure, might go there during Lent for some fish on Fridays. Otherwise, I steer clear. Grease fried grease with some batter and a little fish or chicken...mmmmm bad for you. But...sooooo good...
[Reply]
Page 22 of 32
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up