ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 72
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:31 PM 01-15-2021
It's not that bieniemy is a top candidate. It's that the excuses are bizarre when you look at who passed him.
All this talk about qb qb qb is bullshit when two tight end run junkies (Campbell, Arthur Smith) are hired and urban qb poison meyer is hired. All this talk of experience is horseshit when Campbell, Brady barely have playcalling experience. Worse, Brandon Staley who not only has no offense experience, he's barely experienced on defense. Don't even get me started if jerod mayo gets a look.

Bieniemy isn't getting snubbed because of experience, qb, offense, etc... He's getting snubbed because front offices have their noses so stuck up very specific asses. In case you wanted the common theme here you go....

Campbell, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, daboll, mayo coached for a bellichick or parcells tree coach. Zac taylor, Staley from the mcvay tree. Don't fall for these clever tricks that front offices are thinking outside the box. For the billionth year in a row bellichick, parcells, and now mcvay are probably going to practically sweep the cycle.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:33 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Since this is the second hiring cycle in which EB interviewed and has yet to be hired, there must be something about him that isn't connecting with GM's and owners across the league.

And no, I do not believe that it's his skin color.
The Lions are hiring a damn TIGHT ENDS COACH who has no experience calling games let alone winning a SB as an OC. Oh, and he's apparently made some very anti gay comments in his past too!!...but "it has nothing to do with race"...RIGHT? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The Lions are hiring a damn TIGHT ENDS COACH who has no experience calling games let alone winning a SB as an OC. Oh, and he's apparently made some very anti gay comments in his past too!!...but "it has nothing to do with race"...RIGHT? :-) :-)
:-)
Unless we have some kind of actual evidence that teams are passing over EB based on his skin color, it's common sense to leave the race card in your pocket until you actually have some kind of proof.

Jumping to conclusions is a fool's game.

Oh, and btw, Andy Reid began his career as a OL/TE coach.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:42 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's not that bieniemy is a top candidate. It's that the excuses are bizarre when you look at who passed him.
All this talk about qb qb qb is bullshit when two tight end run junkies (Campbell, Arthur Smith) are hired and urban qb poison meyer is hired. All this talk of experience is horseshit when Campbell, Brady barely have playcalling experience. Worse, Brandon Staley who not only has no offense experience, he's barely experienced on defense. Don't even get me started if jerod mayo gets a look.

Bieniemy isn't getting snubbed because of experience, qb, offense, etc... He's getting snubbed because front offices have their noses so stuck up very specific asses. In case you wanted the common theme here you go....

Campbell, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, daboll, mayo coached for a bellichick or parcells tree coach. Zac taylor, Staley from the mcvay tree. Don't fall for these clever tricks that front offices are thinking outside the box. For the billionth year in a row bellichick, parcells, and now mcvay are probably going to practically sweep the cycle.
Coaching tree doesn't add up when five of Reid's former assistants (Nagy, Harbough, Mcdermot and he had Stefanski at Philly with Leslie Fraser too) made the playoffs. Something is very wrong with how these owners are looking at black coach's and EB's situation is exposing it. How many black OC's have been hired as a HC? Hue Jackson and Jim Caldwell may be the last ones years ago.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:45 PM 01-15-2021
The EB Thing looks even worse when we see how fast Nagy and Pederson got hired.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:46 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Unless we have some kind of actual evidence that teams are passing over EB based on his skin color, it's common sense to leave the race card in your pocket until you actually have some kind of proof.

Jumping to conclusions is a fool's game.

Oh, and btw, Andy Reid began his career as a OL/TE coach.
If he was still in his first or second year no-one would be talking about race..but three years in the success he's had? And being passed over by less qualified guys who all happen to be white? Nah...you might want to sweep stuff under the carpet but I'll call things how I see it thank you.

And btw guys...i still think EB has a chance with the Texans and Eagles..but right now my confidence in him getting a job is fading QUICKLY.

Also Andy progressed up the ladder at Green Bay and actually called plays as OC before he got a hc job...that Dan Campbell has got a job without that on his resume.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:47 PM 01-15-2021
Coaching tree doesn't add up when five of Reid's former assistants (Nagy, Harbough, Mcdermot and he had Stefanski at Philly with Leslie Fraser too) made the playoffs. Something is very wrong with how these owners are looking at black coach's and EB's situation is exposing it. How many black OC's have been hired as a HC? Hue Jackson and Jim Caldwell may be the last ones years ago.
I dont think it's a skin color thing nearly as much as it is a tree circle jerk.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:48 PM 01-15-2021
Blah blah blah Tyreek Hill crap blah blah

Okay, you guys got that out of your system?

I think Florio probably hits the nail on the head here about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten an offer.

Starts at the point in the segment, goes for like 5 minutes-ish.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:03 PM 01-15-2021
I’ll be honest... I wouldn’t want EB to be the Chiefs next HC whenever Andy decides to retire.

If Mahomes demands it then fine, but going from Andy to EB would be a deja vu situation I experienced as a Miami fan with the Butch Davis to Larry Coker HC transition.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:03 PM 01-15-2021
If he was still in his first or second year no-one would be talking about race..but three years in the success he's had? And being passed over by less qualified guys who all happen to be white? Nah...you might want to sweep stuff under the carpet but I'll call things how I see it thank you.

So, at the end of the day, when all the caterwauling is done, all you really have is the fact that he hasn't been hired in three years?

Not enough to start crying "RACISM!" Not by a long shot.

But you keep going off half-cocked. Not like we aren't used to it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:04 PM 01-15-2021
Toub and Bieniemy. Harbaughs staff. Steelers and Arians tree. Eberflus, Greg Roman, Saleh for many years. These trees are barely getting looks, let alone struggling to get hired. Not hard to see wtf is going on.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:09 PM 01-15-2021
There is one reason and one reason only that Bienemy isn't getting a job. Nobody wants to wait until after the Superbowl to get their coach hired. It's why Salah didn't get a job last year, but he did this year. These coaches being hired now are already hiring their assistants. If they hire Bienemy, and we go back to the Superbowl, pickings will be slim for assistants by that time. If they want Bienemy to have a shot, the rules need to change. Either allow him to be hired any time, or place a hiring freeze until after the Superbowl. Don't believe me? Listen to Charlie Weis tell you about the opportunities he missed because of this very reason. He says that he went to Notre Dame because they were able to hire him while his team was still in the playoffs.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:11 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
There is one reason and one reason only that Bienemy isn't getting a job. Nobody wants to wait until after the Superbowl to get their coach hired. It's why Salah didn't get a job last year, but he did this year. These coaches being hired now are already hiring their assistants. If they hire Bienemy, and we go back to the Superbowl, pickings will be slim for assistants by that time. If they want Bienemy to have a shot, the rules need to change. Either allow him to be hired any time, or place a hiring freeze until after the Superbowl. Don't believe me? Listen to Charlie Weis tell you about the opportunities he missed because of this very reason. He says that he went to Notre Dame because they were able to hire him while his team was still in the playoffs.
I agree. Teams are passing over Bienemy because they don't want to wait and expect Chiefs to be busy the next few weeks.
[Reply]
joethomas 06:11 PM 01-15-2021
Any team would love an Andy Reid clone. Multiple Reid assistants have been hired into high profile jobs. It's only EB who gets passed over again and again. Obviously those teams are concluding that he isn't one. Whether it's questions about his personality or his time in Colorado or whatever, he's been passed over by enough teams that it's obvious the league has made some kind of judgement that he's not everything you want in a head coach.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:17 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
Any team would love an Andy Reid clone. Multiple Reid assistants have been hired into high profile jobs. It's only EB who gets passed over again and again. Obviously those teams are concluding that he isn't one. Whether it's questions about his personality or his time in Colorado or whatever, he's been passed over by enough teams that it's obvious the league has made some kind of judgement that he's not everything you want in a head coach.
Dave Toub never gets interviewed. No Reid positions coach gets interviewed, but a tight ends coach is about to get a HC job? And the same goes for Harbaughs staff. And Mcdermotts staff (other than the one patriot stooge on it). It's obvious the league has made some kind of judgment that he doesn't have an indirect line to parcells or bellichicks dick. That's the issue.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 72
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up