ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 805 of 3903
« First < 305705755795801802803804805 80680780880981585590513051805 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
cdcox 07:30 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
PA has closed all liquor stores. I’ll be curious to see the sociological reaction to such a decision.

*grabs beer just purchased and takes a hearty sip*
PA has always had a puritan view of alcohol. When I lived there in the late 80's the liquor stores were all run by the state. In some of them, you had to look up what you wanted in a book and tell the clerk the number, then they would go into the back and bring it out.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:30 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
When dipshittery gets too high. Other than the day everyone flocked to the trails, we've kept dipshittery at bay it seems.
Not true at all. Dipshits still hanging out. Dipshits still going to the park.

It’s about to blowup here with the population we have in Phoenix metro. More populated areas should be sheltering in place first, but even sparsely populated Montana beat our dumb asses.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:31 PM 03-26-2020
[QUOTE=mdchiefsfan;14870386]Damn... hadn’t thought of that. May want to stock up on listerine. :-)[/QUOTE

I am not a big drinker but few more weeks of this I may become one.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:32 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
PA has always had a puritan view of alcohol. When I lived there in the late 80's the liquor stores were all run by the state. In some of them, you had to look up what you wanted in a book and tell the clerk the number, then they would go into the back and bring it out.
That might be why up here as well all government run.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:33 PM 03-26-2020
I was raised in VA, and they had things fairly strict with ABC stores (state-run). At least beer was available in grocery stores and c-stores.

My mind was blown when my service led me to Monterey, CA and I saw it all in grocery stores.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:34 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
KC is same.
I just hope this thing clears out by summer, or the bears will be pestering the locals.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:35 PM 03-26-2020
We should be doing that everywhere now (hammer phase). For every confirmed case there are approximately 9 additional cases that have not been confirmed. So there are likely something like 5000 cases in AZ now, that will continue to grow according to a power law until shelter in place type restrictions are in place. The sooner we put it in place the quicker we might be able to open portions of the economy.
This. Should have happened in AZ on Tuesday night.

You fucks clamoring for the economy want this drug out 4-6 months? That’s what will happen when 5 million people live in one city.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:36 PM 03-26-2020
Chicago has shutdown the lakefront parks and beaches and the commuter trail in front of my place indefinitely. Sun came out yesterday and there were bros out playing 3 on 3 basketball, soccer games, all kinds of dipshittery.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:37 PM 03-26-2020
We should be doing that everywhere now (hammer phase). For every confirmed case there are approximately 9 additional cases that have not been confirmed. So there are likely something like 5000 cases in AZ now, that will continue to grow according to a power law until shelter in place type restrictions are in place. The sooner we put it in place the quicker we might be able to open portions of the economy.
Where does that information come from?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Ontario is deeming the Booz stores as essential which I thought was weird.
Minnesota did and it is....
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:38 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
70-80% of people show minimal to no symptoms and/or aren't tested.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:40 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Many have reported similar numbers.

Here is an estimate from a panel of experts:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...still-unclear/
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:40 PM 03-26-2020
New Jersey and Michigan are next to pop off in the death toll... They are starting to get hit hard with cases.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:43 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This. Should have happened in AZ on Tuesday night.

You ****s clamoring for the economy want this drug out 4-6 months? That’s what will happen when 5 million people live in one city.
The issue I see is that AZ is so chalk full of “you carnt take mer rights or mer gerns!” Yokels(and I believe in rights and guns but not to the AZ Yokel point)that I don’t think they’d listen to a shelter in place anyway. I think we’re going to have to rely on a combo of folks like us, some medical progress, and is the heat still a thing people are optimistic about?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:43 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
New Jersey and Michigan are next to pop off in the death toll... They are starting to get hit hard with cases.
Surely Louisiana and Florida as well.
[Reply]
Page 805 of 3903
« First < 305705755795801802803804805 80680780880981585590513051805 > Last »
Up