ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 778 of 3903
« First < 278678728768774775776777778 77978078178278882887812781778 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:30 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by POSPablo:
It only took one Wuhan for you to break down mentally and financially. You really want to pile on 4 more?
From mass hysteria to the completely brain dead. We are rolling now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 AM 03-26-2020
3-24

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
There will be around 341 deaths tomorrow.
on 3-25 there were 234 deaths

so the math is...off?
[Reply]
Donger 11:32 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dis doo
Unless I'm wrong, he was talking globally, not nationally.
[Reply]
Donger 11:32 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
We are supposed to have 5 Wuhan's going by now. How can the skies be filled with the smoke and stench of all the burning bodies if we don't at least have that many? We can't really get into the 3.3M deaths needed to meet that minimum 1% threshold unless we really get this ball rolling.
According to who?
[Reply]
Donger 11:34 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's all about balance. If, years from now, we look back at this and see that the CFR was around 0.5%, some people will say that the response was a complete overreaction.
Yep. And since we have locked down, we'll never know how bad it would have gotten if we hadn't.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Unless I'm wrong, he was talking globally, not nationally.
No, US.

We've already reached 20,000 globally.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there are still today, hospitals and nurses using the same PPE’s for a whole shift or in some cases multiple days. Google it. It’s a fact. Today, not a month ago. I would have got fired for doing this once. I understand it’s a crisis. I worked for 10 years in an environment that was always in crisis. For instance, I know the best way to get human brains out of a lab coat.

The PPE shortage is an American nationwide problem. Why would I not use the term that it shouldn’t be happening in America?
Because what gives you that high ground?

It's your position that every western nation should be prepared for a global pandemic? Again - NOBODY is ready for this. And according to Mayo the US was more prepared for it than anyone in the world.

It's the moral grandstanding that I find off-putting. Our nation, like every nation in the world, has made decisions over time that attempt to balance planning with immediate needs. And in the process, we're no more immune than anyone to frivolity.

In a boxing match every fighter will acknowledge that no matter how great he is, no matter how quick, he can't avoid every punch. So in concert with his defense he makes sure he can absorb the punch and if he CAN'T absorb the punch that he's able to get off the mat.

The US, in many ways, was as good at anyone in defending the punch but in the end, they were ALWAYS going to get hit. Just as everyone else has. And where we're seeing the US strength is in our ability to absorb a few punches and get ourselves off the mat. That's where the industrial response and ever-increasing surge capacity is coming in.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:37 AM 03-26-2020
No, US.

Globally where? Which globe??? :-)
[Reply]
Donger 11:38 AM 03-26-2020
No, US.

What is the post number of what you quoted?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:38 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And what's going to continue to have to happen is that supply will have to follow demand.

It's odd to me that their ICU is packed unless they're just a small hospital. MU has something like 80 critical care beds and as of last night they had 3 in ICU, despite some of the best testing rates in the region.

And yeah, sharing PPE isn't great. It's a stop-gap that is being addressed on a daily basis. And while sharing PPE goes against protocol, protocol is also ideal situation stuff. Doing things like layering a basic surgical mask over an N95 mask and then swapping out the surgical masks between patients isn't the best thing to do...but it's not a facially awful thing to do either. If ideal scenarios yield a 95% reduction in transmission and the 'layered' approach yields a 70% reduction - clearly the former is what you base your protocol on.

But the latter isn't shite. Nor is it permanent.

At this point we can't let perfect be the enemy of good. Supply chains and manufacturing capabilities are being ramped up on a wartime scale. It's coming. The concerns are heard and are being addressed.
She works in one of the largest hospitals in KC and it isn't being addressed at all. They have been dealing with this for weeks. She told me today, dad this is a warzone and this is just the beginning.

Hell in my local hospital here doctor's and nurses have started using bandanas that people have made.

This has been a total failure in leadership.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What is the post number of what you quoted?
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...5#post14865925
[Reply]
petegz28 11:39 AM 03-26-2020
At the moment we are running significantly lower today for new deaths compared to yesterday.
[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've seen a handful at 30-40%.

But whatever the case may be, it does appear there are loads of people who got this and showed very little. The question becomes at that point whether they have developed sufficient antibodies to actually come out of the carrier pool.

And those antibody tests are still a ways behind in terms of volume, speed and efficacy.
If you had it, you'll have antibodies to it. Even if asymptomatic.

I don't know how strong that response is and they're still looking into it. But based on everything I've read, it would make sense.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:40 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
She works in one of the largest hospitals in KC and it isn't being addressed at all. They have been dealing with this for weeks. She told me today, dad this is a warzone and this is just the beginning.

Hell in my local hospital here doctor's and nurses have started using bandanas that people have made.

This has been a total failure in leadership.
Take it to the other forum
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
At the moment we are running significantly lower today for new deaths compared to yesterday.
247 yesterday

73 today

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
[Reply]
Page 778 of 3903
« First < 278678728768774775776777778 77978078178278882887812781778 > Last »
Up