ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 648 of 3903
« First < 148548598638644645646647648 64965065165265869874811481648 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
penguinz 06:31 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
The original film The Omega Man was soooo much better than the remake I am Legend

Charlton Heston >>>> Will Smith
The book is far better than both movies. As far as the Will Smith version.... a rugrats based remake would be better than 90% of all will smith movies.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:57 AM 03-23-2020
Let this be a lesson for all of us. I know it sucks to be some what locked down but we have to do this to stop the spread.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/asia/...hnk/index.html

Originally Posted by :
Only a week ago, Hong Kong seemed like a model for how to contain the novel coronavirus, with a relatively small number of cases despite months of being on the front lines of the outbreak.

That was in large part thanks to action taken early on, while cases were spreading across mainland China, to implement measures that are now familiar throughout the world: virus mapping, social distancing, intensive hand-washing, and wearing masks and other protective clothing.

Hong Kong was proof that these measures worked, with the city of 7.5 million only reporting some 150 cases at the start of March, even as the number of infections spiked in other East Asian territories like South Korea and Japan, and spread rapidly across Europe and North America.

Now, however, Hong Kong is providing a very different object lesson -- what happens when you let your guard down too soon. The number of confirmed cases has almost doubled in the past week, with many imported from overseas, as Hong Kong residents who had left -- either to work or study abroad, or to seek safety when the city seemed destined for a major outbreak earlier this year -- return, bringing the virus back with them.

On Monday, Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam announced that all non-residents would be barred from the territory as of Wednesday, the latest addition to a raft of new measures.

This is a pattern playing out across parts of Asia -- mainland China, Singapore, Taiwan -- that were among the first to tackle the outbreak. All are now introducing new restrictions as a sudden wave of renewed cases begins to crest.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:02 AM 03-23-2020
3M said Sunday it is now producing nearly 100 million N95 respirators per month with more than 90% designated for health care workers.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:06 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The book is far better than both movies. As far as the Will Smith version.... a rugrats based remake would be better than 90% of all will smith movies.
Books>Movies 90% of the time. So much more detail
[Reply]
Donger 07:07 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Let this be a lesson for all of us. I know it sucks to be some what locked down but we have to do this to stop the spread.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/asia/...hnk/index.html
Key point:

The number of confirmed cases has almost doubled in the past week, with many imported from overseas, as Hong Kong residents who had left -- either to work or study abroad, or to seek safety when the city seemed destined for a major outbreak earlier this year -- return, bringing the virus back with them.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:10 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Books>Movies 90% of the time. So much more detail
Plus you don't have over-rated actors telling the story.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:10 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Key point:

The number of confirmed cases has almost doubled in the past week, with many imported from overseas, as Hong Kong residents who had left -- either to work or study abroad, or to seek safety when the city seemed destined for a major outbreak earlier this year -- return, bringing the virus back with them.
Man that sucks. Unreal how contagious this virus is.

Originally Posted by penguinz:
Plus you don't have over-rated actors telling the story.
Absolutely. They also don't tone it down either. You get all the details whether good or bad.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:12 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Man that sucks. Unreal how contagious this virus is.
Nah... you are buying into the media hype machine. This is just the flu and we are destroying the economy for no reason. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:14 AM 03-23-2020
Happy and healthy good morning to all.

Trying to be positive.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:15 AM 03-23-2020
JUST IN: The Federal Reserve said it will lend as much as $300 billion to small and large businesses and local governments.
[Reply]
notorious 07:23 AM 03-23-2020
The original film The Omega Man was soooo much better than the remake I am Legend

Charlton Heston >>>> Will Smith
The Last Man on Earth is actually the original.

[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:24 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Last Man on Earth is actually the original.
Thanks. i stand corrected on hat part :-)
[Reply]
notorious 07:27 AM 03-23-2020
Thanks. i stand corrected on hat part :-)
One of my 12 year old daughter’s favorite movies! :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:29 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Key point:

Yep and read the measures they are taking. We would never do this currently.

Originally Posted by :
Since then, the city has been racing to get back on top of the outbreak, with draconian new controls put in place, including electronic tagging of all new arrivals, who must undergo a strict 14-day home quarantine, and could face criminal prosecution if they are found in breach of it. Over the weekend, police could be seen patrolling nightlife districts looking for those violating quarantine, arresting at least five people, two of whom had cut their wristbands off in order to go out.

[Reply]
Donger 07:31 AM 03-23-2020
US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams gave a "somber" message to the nation while speaking on NBC this morning,

"I want America to understand — this week, it's going to get bad," Adams told NBC's Savannah Guthrie, adding that some people have not been properly practicing social distancing.

"This is how the spread is occurring. So we really, really need everyone to stay at home," Adams said. "I think that there are a lot of people who are doing the right things, but I think that unfortunately we're finding out a lot of people think this can't happen to them."
[Reply]
Page 648 of 3903
« First < 148548598638644645646647648 64965065165265869874811481648 > Last »
Up