ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 298
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:08 PM 11-07-2017
Saying Sutton is being scapegoated is laughable.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:50 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Saying Sutton is being scapegoated is laughable.
I have no issue with people saying his defense is terrible this year and that's on him. Because it's true.

Is typical cp overreaction where overnight all of a sudden he was this terrible coach for us for 5 years. Hes been a good coach for us for 4 years regardless of talent. He hasn't been this year. Why is that so hard to separate out?
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 02:03 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I have no issue with people saying his defense is terrible this year and that's on him. Because it's true.

Is typical cp overreaction where overnight all of a sudden he was this terrible coach for us for 5 years. Hes been a good coach for us for 4 years regardless of talent. He hasn't been this year. Why is that so hard to separate out?
Agree.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:24 PM 11-07-2017

Sutton has been successful for the last 4 years because of talent. He has never adjusted well, rotated his defensive lineman or used scheme to generate a pass rush. Sutton has had Houston,Hali,DJ,Berry etc to make salad out of his chicken shit scheme for the last 4 years. People were in denial because the results were solid even if those results occurred despite his coaching ability. Hali,Houston gave Sutton his pass rush and DJ,Berry covered for his run defense. Sutton's only decision-making was whether to send Houston or not.
[Reply]
bricks 03:36 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The only reason we are even close to being a SB contender is because of Reid and what he has done since he got here. Lets keep things in perspective. He's a HOF coach
True but he also limits the success of this franchise by being loyal to a fault to coaches like Sutton that deserved to be fired a long time ago.

I'm not debating that he isn't a HOF coach. I could see him being inducted in the near future, but on the other hand, I could also see him being one of the most successful coaches without a SuperBowl victory.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 04:00 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Sutton has been successful for the last 4 years because of talent. He has never adjusted well, rotated his defensive lineman or used scheme to generate a pass rush. Sutton has had Houston,Hali,DJ,Berry etc to make salad out of his chicken shit scheme for the last 4 years. People were in denial because the results were solid even if those results occurred despite his coaching ability. Hali,Houston gave Sutton his pass rush and DJ,Berry covered for his run defense. Sutton's only decision-making was whether to send Houston or not.
How often have Houston, Hali, DJ and Berry been on the field together?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:15 PM 11-07-2017
A lot of that quite frankly isn't true.

Sutton has rotated linemen and early on he was big on generating pressure. I think Peyton Manning broke him and he opts for the shit he does now.

Adjustments, yeah no argument there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:26 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
A lot of that quite frankly isn't true.

Sutton has rotated linemen and early on he was big on generating pressure. I think Peyton Manning broke him and he opts for the shit he does now.

Adjustments, yeah no argument there.
Dude...how many times have we complained about Poe's usage while he was here under Sutton? He rode Poe into the ground......repeatedly.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:27 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Yup. Not to mention the good version of Hali and DJ, not the broken down versions.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 PM 11-07-2017

Have honestly been struggling with exactly where I stand on this, but I tend to agree with you... it cant ALL be Suttons problem, at some point the players have to execute

He did adjust for the Dallas game, often going back to a base 3-4 and did a reasonable job on Elliott

Several very good posters have used the example of 'why not keep Peters on the opponents #1?'... yet the Cowboys no-name scrub #2 put up 150 on us
[Reply]
JakeF 04:36 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
This year? None, Berry got hurt before Hali can off pup. DJ isn't the same at all. That's the point though, without those players Sutton is unable to do much of anything. Sutton doesn't seem to know how to scheme pressure or change up his defense to cover for personal problems.

Without All-Pro players at each level of the defense, Sutton's only answer is to play more and more conservative. That is not a sign of a good DC in my opinion.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:38 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Dude...how many times have we complained about Poe's usage while he was here under Sutton? He rode Poe into the ground......repeatedly.
Same with Hali
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:47 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Have honestly been struggling with exactly where I stand on this, but I tend to agree with you... it cant ALL be Suttons problem, at some point the players have to execute

He did adjust for the Dallas game, often going back to a base 3-4 and did a reasonable job on Elliott

Several very good posters have used the example of 'why not keep Peters on the opponents #1?'... yet the Cowboys no-name scrub #2 put up 150 on us
I don't think Williams was getting those receptions against Peters. I could be wrong but I think he was getting those when Peters was covering Bryant.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:50 PM 11-07-2017
This year? None, Berry got hurt before Hali can off pup. DJ isn't the same at all. That's the point though, without those players Sutton is unable to do much of anything. Sutton doesn't seem to know how to scheme pressure or change up his defense to cover for personal problems.

Without All-Pro players at each level of the defense, Sutton's only answer is to play more and more conservative. That is not a sign of a good DC in my opinion.
It's not just this year.

2013 - ended season without Hali/Houston
2014 - Lost DJ/Berry in game 1
2015 - Houston misses second half of season (Hali in decline)
2016 - Houston out almost all season. DJ misses most of second half of season
2017 - Berry out. Hali out.

To answer the question, in every season, there have been long stretches (and often the entire season) where 2 of the 4 superstars were not on the field.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:56 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I don't think Williams was getting those receptions against Peters. I could be wrong but I think he was getting those when Peters was covering Bryant.
But you see what I'm saying, if not their scrub Mitchell, it wouldve been Bryant torching Acker for a buck fifty

Would putting our Mitchell back out there have helped, who knows... just seems to me like at least much of our problem is we arent as deep as maybe we thought

Losing Berry has brought the whole house of cards tumbling down, kinda like what happened to the Eagles secondary when Dawkins left... they immediately went straight to hell
[Reply]
Page 38 of 298
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up