Page 112 of 137
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:53 PM 06-26-2017
Brett Veach is the next Chris Ballard guys. I already shared the story of him being the scout that "banged on the table" for the Eagles to draft Fletcher Cox in Philly. Andy also tasked him to scout WR's in 2008 and the Eagles drafted DeSean Jackson that year.

Here's another one..

https://mobile.twitter.com/JennyVren...71292931235841

So Andy then asked him to scout RB's and Veach highly recommended LeSean McCoy.
Veach was the top scout for the SEC in Philly, and Terez Paylor mentioned in his facebook video that he was highly influential on the SEC region in KC as well. Not hard to figure out that he was one of the guys scouting Chris Jones and telling Dorsey about him.

I wonder if Clark's reasoning here was to move on and promote Veach since he's one of Andy's top guys for a long time, he's young and ready and was responsible for a lot of the talent we drafted the last 4 years?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:53 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Haley doesn't deserve an F

He was forced with a shit QB. I'd give him a solid B-
:-)

B- coaches don't get fired and then never get another HC gig

Haley was a D+ at best.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:59 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I am not a huge fan of what the guy does on game day, but CLEARLY the guy can coach up players. Look at all the cast offs that have turned into legit players in KC...
Nobody says he isn't a good coach. He just isn't a great one.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:02 PM 06-26-2017
Michael Lombardi wrote a column about Andy Reid over 8 years ago and it still applies today...

Tavern talk: NFL’s worst game manager

Spoiler!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-game-manager/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:37 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
My gut instinct tells me that this was a horrible mistake.
Clark fired Peterson and Edwards and the next regime improved the Chiefs.

Clark fired Pioli, Haley and Crennel and the next regime improved the Chiefs roster.

Clark fired Dorsey: What basis do you have that it'll be a mistake?
[Reply]
kccrow 05:44 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Clark fired Pioli, Haley and Crennel and the next regime improved the Chiefs roster.

Peterson left the roster shit.

Pioli kept the roster shit, perhaps even double-dipping on said shit.

Dorsey made the roster one of the best in the NFL.

Next GM has to not go backwards.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:47 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Maybe Dorsey told Clark Hunt to eat a bag of dicks?
I doubt it. Dorsey strikes me as the kind of man who would shove said bag of dicks down Clark's throat without saying a word.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hiring Brett Veach would really be a nice transition. He was ready to be the #2 guy, however he probably needed another year of seasoning. Now is the perfect time for him.

He doesn't have to do much of anything for awhile. The draft is over, the team is set and coaches will make the cuts in training camp.

Veach has an entire season to continue learning the job and be ready for FA and the draft in the spring.

All of the scouts are the same, coaching the same and Veach is the same. I bet this is what happens.
At this point, you almost HAVE to keep it in-house. There was/is very little wrong with the scouting and talent evaluation processes. Keep what works and adjust what wasn't. Bringing in some outsider with a whole new clown show would be detrimental.

Originally Posted by notorious:
My gut instinct tells me that this was a horrible mistake.
That's not just your gut, that's sound reasoning based upon the known fact that if there exists a way to shoot yourself in the ass, this franchise will out-travel Indiana Jones across the globe to find the motherfucker.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

In what parallel universe did Peeholi, Haley, and Crennel "improve the Chiefs"?
Was it the megalomaniac?
His hand-picked turd QB?
Perhaps the parking lot suicide?
[Reply]
Urc Burry 05:48 PM 06-26-2017
As long as Veach gets the job I don't think our drafting is going to take some huge hit. Dorsey was amazing at the draft, but there is a team of guys who do it. Under Veach it should remain relatively the same
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Peterson left the roster shit.
Actually, I disagree.

Bowe, Hali, Charles, Albert, Carr, Flowers, DJ, Connor Barth, Colquitt, Erik Walden (what a dumb cut by Pioli & Haley) was a solid core.

Pioli kept the roster shit, perhaps even double-dipping on said shit.
Pioli was pretty stinkin' bad but he did add Berry, Houston, Bailey, Hudson and Poe.

Dorsey made the roster one of the best in the NFL.
Sure but it took him a few years.

Next GM has to not go backwards.
I agree but it would take extraordinarily bad luck for Hunt to hire someone can't build upon the foundation that Reid and Dorsey have set the past 4 years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:56 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
In what parallel universe did Peeholi, Haley, and Crennel "improve the Chiefs"?
Was it the megalomaniac?
His hand-picked turd QB?
Perhaps the parking lot suicide?
The Chiefs went from 9-7 to 4-12 then 2-14 under Peterson and Edwards.

Under Pioli & Haley, they went to 4-12, 10-6, 7-9 back to 2-14, while adding Poe, Berry, Houston and Hudson along the way.

The Chiefs had a much better roster in 2013 than when the prior regimes reigned.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:04 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
As long as Veach gets the job I don't think our drafting is going to take some huge hit. Dorsey was amazing at the draft, but there is a team of guys who do it. Under Veach it should remain relatively the same
Hopefully he would hire Dorsey to help out and keep it even more the same.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:18 PM 06-26-2017
Picking up a few decent picks is/was hardly worth the other shit that came with it.(Peeholi)

I'm going to put this in terms that you and probably a few others will understand.

Chiefs with Reid and Dorsey are Motley Crue.

Chiefs just finished touring Canada, playing some new songs that will be on the next record.
Chiefs are headed to the studio( with new QB )to record what will become 'Shout At The Devil'.
Chiefs are run over crossing the street by a blundering Doc McGee( Hunt ), and forget who they are, and how to write songs.

Chiefs proceed directly to self-titled record, with shitty new singer(GM).

No 'Shout'
No 'Theater'
No 'Girls'
No 'Feelgood'

Just shit, shit, shit.
Career over.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:32 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Veach has proven he can find talent and it wouldn't surprise me if Andy and Clark decided to promote him bc he's far younger and they'd lose him next year.

I think Veach had a strong hand in a lot of draft picks we made and all reports are sharp and very elaborate in his work.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:40 PM 06-26-2017
I think Dorsey managed to get himself an attitude check by the guy that signed his paycheck.

Reid is a good coach, A-, B+, he may have an up hill battle the next couple of years with the cap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:42 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach has proven he can find talent and it wouldn't surprise me if Andy and Clark decided to promote him bc he's far younger and they'd lose him next year.

I think Veach had a strong hand in a lot of draft picks we made and all reports are sharp and very elaborate in his work.
I hope this is the case.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 137
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Up