ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2664 of 2693
« First < 1664216425642614265426602661266226632664 26652666266726682674 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:59 PM 02-23-2024
I made this argument before that it's dumb to consider Brady as the undisputed GOAT when he was never considered the best QB in the league in his prime. Manning, Brees and Rodgers are universally viewed as the better QBs of their era. So how can you be a GOAT when you weren't even the best player at your position when compared to your peers?

Jordan was. Mahomes is.

Brady is without question the luckiest QB in league history. His level of luck defies logic. In his last two SBs, he got there by throwing 3 Interceptions in the championship game.
In his two wins against the Rams he has a passer rating of 77.8 with 1 TD and 1 Interception. Literally carried by his defense and special teams.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:21 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Mahomes has a major opportunity to catch up to Brady in rings.

Brady hit that drought in the middle of his career before grabbing 4 late.

I just don’t see Mahomes doing that. He’s been too damn good, especially in the postseason. I also don’t see the QBs who are going to stop him for the next 7-8 years. Almost every good QB has an organizational issue to deal with in addition to not being on Mahomes’s level.

Practically any year we get the 1 seed will be a guaranteed trip to the Super Bowl. And now, we know being the 2-4 seed doesn’t kill our chances either.
I think it would be awesome if he can get a couple more rings to jump ahead of Joe Montana & Terry Bradshaw. I don’t take any of it for granted though. Strong competition around the league with very talented QB’s. In my view it’s a more talented group of QB’s than ever before, and some of them will always have the salary cap advantage. At the moment it’s CJ Stroud & Brock Purdy. But there will be others in the future.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 02-23-2024
Mahomes has a major opportunity to catch up to Brady in rings.

Brady hit that drought in the middle of his career before grabbing 4 late.

I just don’t see Mahomes doing that. He’s been too damn good, especially in the postseason. I also don’t see the QBs who are going to stop him for the next 7-8 years. Almost every good QB has an organizational issue to deal with in addition to not being on Mahomes’s level.

Practically any year we get the 1 seed will be a guaranteed trip to the Super Bowl. And now, we know being the 2-4 seed doesn’t kill our chances either.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

What if Joe Montana never got hurt?

We are living an alternate era of 49ers history, where in 1985 the Giants don't come along and break the west coast offense, and in 1986 Montana never got hurt.

It's a chance to say...what if Jimmy Johnson had never left Dallas and Troy Aikman's brains never got scrambled?

The things that shut down previous dynasties aren't happening here.

We're accelerating as we win our third ring.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:52 AM 02-24-2024
Good luck showing a highlight reel of both QBs to kids in 20 years and trying to justify that Brady was better.
Exactly. I don't give a flying **** what the media says. I've watched them both play. A LOT.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:15 AM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I made this argument before that it's dumb to consider Brady as the undisputed GOAT when he was never considered the best QB in the league in his prime. Manning, Brees and Rodgers are universally viewed as the better QBs of their era. So how can you be a GOAT when you weren't even the best player at your position when compared to your peers?

Jordan was. Mahomes is.

Brady is without question the luckiest QB in league history. His level of luck defies logic. In his last two SBs, he got there by throwing 3 Interceptions in the championship game.
In his two wins against the Rams he has a passer rating of 77.8 with 1 TD and 1 Interception. Literally carried by his defense and special teams.
Brady is viewed by most media just simply counting rings. He's 3 past everyone else but taking into circumstances I don't think he should be. He's the most accomplished but not best we have ever seen. Bill Russell has 11 rings and everyone claims he was just taller than everyone in his day like Wilt. People called Jordan best ever before he won anything. Anyone with eyes can see Mahomes is the best to ever play. He's has accolades it took Brady twice as long to get. Head to head 3-3. All three wins on the road. Brady threw a pick in the game at home but Ford bailed him out with a penalty and we didn't win the coin toss. SB had no OL left. Not a fair fight and we jus beat their ass that past December. Mahones has the team on his back all but one year. Brady had a top 5 defense every year he played literally. Mahomes is the GOAT.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:23 AM 02-24-2024
Get sick of hearing about the playoff losses to Brady. Brady lost games to many lesser QBs than Mahomes has. Flacco twice, washed up P. Manning, Eli, never beat Foles and let's not forget butt fumble guy and that's woth a top 5 defense. Mahomes plays in the conference with better competition and dominates.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:35 AM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Get sick of hearing about the playoff losses to Brady. Brady lost games to many lesser QBs than Mahomes has. Flacco twice, washed up P. Manning, Eli, never beat Foles and let's not forget butt fumble guy and that's woth a top 5 defense. Mahomes plays in the conference with better competition and dominates.
Losing to the Superfarce Denver team might be Bradys worst loss. Damn that team was a fraud.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:13 AM 02-24-2024
Brady is viewed by most media just simply counting rings. He's 3 past everyone else but taking into circumstances I don't think he should be. He's the most accomplished but not best we have ever seen. Bill Russell has 11 rings and everyone claims he was just taller than everyone in his day like Wilt. People called Jordan best ever before he won anything. Anyone with eyes can see Mahomes is the best to ever play. He's has accolades it took Brady twice as long to get. Head to head 3-3. All three wins on the road. Brady threw a pick in the game at home but Ford bailed him out with a penalty and we didn't win the coin toss. SB had no OL left. Not a fair fight and we jus beat their ass that past December. Mahones has the team on his back all but one year. Brady had a top 5 defense every year he played literally. Mahomes is the GOAT.
The 2018 season AFCCG was decided by a coin flip. Nobody will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

The Chiefs were unstoppable in the 4th quarter. The Chiefs scored 24 points on the Patriots in the 4th quarter alone while the Patriots scored 14. Both defenses were gassed. Whoever got the ball first was going to march down the field and score a TD, which by the rules at that time would end the game.

And of course we all know how the NFL declined the Chiefs proposal to change the OT rules so as to allow both teams at least one possession, but saw the light on how this was the right thing to do when the Chiefs defeated the Bills in a very similar way.

If anyone ever feels any guilt whatsoever about how much we are currently dominating the league, just remember that the league didn't care that the Chiefs lost to the Patriots in OT without ever touching the ball, while it cared very deeply a couple years later that the Bills lost in OT to the Chiefs in exactly the same way.

Fuck the Patriots.

Fuck the rest of the league.

I hope we win the next 20 Super Bowls and everyone else in the country is foaming at the mouth in their hatred of us.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:15 AM 02-24-2024
Amazing how few illegal contacts PI NE and TB get now...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:16 AM 02-24-2024
I made this argument before that it's dumb to consider Brady as the undisputed GOAT when he was never considered the best QB in the league in his prime. Manning, Brees and Rodgers are universally viewed as the better QBs of their era.
Brees over Brady is a stretch.

Mark Sanchez. He also lost to the Jake Plummer Broncos if I’m not mistaken.

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Losing to the Superfarce Denver team might be Bradys worst loss. Damn that team was a fraud.
Oddly enough, that’s the game I think he earned the most respect from me. He was getting his ass crushed that game. You remember how the refs were swallowing whistles for that Broncos defense as they pulled of WWE moves on QBs. Brady and Cam Newton got the worst of it. That shit broke Cam. Brady went on to win three more Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 AM 02-24-2024
Sanchez and Sheli owned his ass
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:25 AM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Brees over Brady is a stretch.

Mark Sanchez. He also lost to the Jake Plummer Broncos if I’m not mistaken.

Oddly enough, that’s the game I think he earned the most respect from me. He was getting his ass crushed that game. You remember how the refs were swallowing whistles for that Broncos defense as they pulled of WWE moves on QBs. Brady and Cam Newton got the worst of it. That shit broke Cam. Brady went on to win three more Super Bowls.
Ryan Tannehill also "beat" Brady
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:27 AM 02-24-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Ryan Tannehill also "beat" Brady

Hah, oh, man. That’s right! Last year in New England. Threw a pick 6 to ice the last loss in front of that Foxboro crowd.

That was definitely moreso Derrick Henry’s team so in my head I think I always forget about Tanny for that reason.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 02-24-2024

[Reply]
Basileus777 01:26 PM 02-24-2024

Jordan was. Mahomes is.

Claiming that Brady was never the best QB in the league is just homeristic nonsense, let alone saying he is regarded beneath Brees lol. That's the same sort of twisted logic that Bills fans use to justify Josh Allen being better than Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 2664 of 2693
« First < 1664216425642614265426602661266226632664 26652666266726682674 > Last »
Up