ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 77
« First < 22626869707172 73747576 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:41 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by KCBlitz:
Street racing with a limo is not as fun.
Yea, I usually save the limo's for the demolition derby event...
[Reply]
DRM08 10:50 PM 04-30-2024
It will suck if the league office announces the suspension right when the Playoffs are starting next January. Hopefully the situation is resolved during the early part of the regular season.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:57 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It will suck if the league office announces the suspension right when the Playoffs are starting next January. Hopefully the situation is resolved during the early part of the regular season.
Seems extremely unlikely. Can't recall that happening recently.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:34 PM 04-30-2024
He should be given the Key to the City tbh
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:57 AM 05-01-2024
It's a sausage making fest
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:10 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The guy partially paralyzed an innocent person and all he gets is one game?
Yes,

https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/jets-b...ystery-reason/
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:13 AM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
All he had to do was use his brain and live the dream. But "BADLANDZ" and all while putting a black eye on the SB champs.

Rashee Rice's Legal Situation: Felony Charges and Potential Outcomes

Wide receiver Rashee Rice of the Kansas City Chiefs is facing legal trouble following a multi-vehicle crash in Dallas that occurred earlier this year. Here's what we know:
  • Charges: Rice is facing eight felony charges, including:
    • One count of aggravated assault
    • One count of collision involving serious bodily injury
    • Six counts of collision involving injury
  • Allegations: Police reports allege that Rice was speeding in a Lamborghini SUV when the crash occurred. It's also reported that he and the driver of another speeding car left the scene without checking on the injured people involved.
Possible Outcomes:
It's important to understand that this situation is still ongoing, and the final outcome will depend on the legal process. Here are some potential scenarios:
  • Plea Deal: Rice's legal team might negotiate a plea deal with prosecutors. This could involve pleading guilty to lesser charges in exchange for a reduced sentence.
  • Trial: If no plea deal is reached, Rice could go to trial. The outcome would depend on the evidence presented at trial and the jury's verdict.
Potential Penalties:
The specific charges Rice faces carry varying degrees of potential punishment:
  • Aggravated Assault: This is a second-degree felony in Texas, punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
  • Collision Involving Serious Bodily Injury: This is a third-degree felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
  • Collision Involving Injury: This is a state jail felony, punishable by up to two years in jail.
Impact on Football Career:
The NFL has a Personal Conduct Policy that could lead to suspension or even expulsion from the league if Rice is found guilty. The Chiefs could also take disciplinary action against him.
Here are some resources for further information:
Disclaimer: I cannot provide legal advice. This information is for general knowledge purposes only. It's advisable for Rice to consult with his legal counsel regarding the specifics of his case.
This is a similar situation with similar charges, except Echols didn't leave the scene.
https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/jets-b...ystery-reason/
[Reply]
DRM08 01:47 PM 05-01-2024
James Palmer claims Rice is getting suspended for at least 8 games. Hopefully that’s not accurate. How does the league justify that level of punishment when a Jets guy recently paralyzed an innocent person and only got a 1 game suspension?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 05-01-2024
James Palmer claims Rice is getting suspended for at least 8 games. Hopefully that’s not accurate. How does the league justify that level of punishment when a Jets guy recently paralyzed an innocent person and only got a 1 game suspension?
Where did you see this?

As I've said before, 8 or anything like that would be the most absurd arbitrary punishment in NFL history.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 05-01-2024

James Palmer letting this one fly on Steve Smith’s Agent 89 Breakdown Show..

Rashee Rice *IS GONNA* be suspended and that they’re [Chiefs] *EXPECTING HALF A SEASON AT LEAST* ���� pic.twitter.com/UTdtRdumP1

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) May 1, 2024

He sure did say this, and if true, it's absolutely fucking bullshit. Hope all the "Chiefs fans" that contributed to all the drama will be happy.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:03 PM 05-01-2024

My understanding is the #chiefs expect WR Rashee Rice to be suspended during the 2024 season, but at this moment KC doesn't exactly know the # of games. We'll see if this impacts their plans with pick 32. Last year KC tried to trade up for a WR. Will they try again this year?

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) April 25, 2024

Did he say that after this?

He sure did but that sounds prett off the cuff and arbitrary
[Reply]
Katipan 02:04 PM 05-01-2024
I don't have any idea where that number comes from but the problem is the perception of callous disregard for human life.

He just ignored them and walked away.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:05 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:

Did he say that after this?
Yes, he was on a podcast at some point in recent days (maybe even today). The video is sped up but it does sound like he’s saying half of a season:

James Palmer letting this one fly on Steve Smith’s Agent 89 Breakdown Show..

Rashee Rice *IS GONNA* be suspended and that they’re [Chiefs] *EXPECTING HALF A SEASON AT LEAST* 🫣🫣 pic.twitter.com/UTdtRdumP1

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) May 1, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:07 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Where did you see this?

As I've said before, 8 or anything like that would be the most absurd arbitrary punishment in NFL history.
Absolutely. The league is very inconsistent with punishment. He deserves a suspension but that much s a damn joke.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:07 PM 05-01-2024
Kamara got what, 4 games and appealed to 3?

That was for a heinous assault that was caught on tape...

The fuck is the justification here of giving Rice more than that?
[Reply]
Page 72 of 77
« First < 22626869707172 73747576 > Last »
Up