ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2927 of 4894
« First < 1927242728272877291729232924292529262927 292829292930293129372977302734273927 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:11 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
He had one play on that drive (an incomplete pass on 3rd and 1) the rest of which was led by Mahomes. I don't know why Reid switched QBs at the very end of a drive, maybe Mahomes took an awkward hit. The first drive Moore started was when it was 20-6.

In any case, Moore had nothing to do with KC's first 20 points.
It was 20-6 when he began his first full drive (after a defensive TD), but it was 10-6 when he entered the game.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:15 PM 06-17-2022
Sure it does. Mahomes had already led KC to Denver's 5 yard line when he went out. You think that Moore should get credit for the FG KC had to settle for? Do you think that Moore should get any credit for Ragland's fumble TD?
Does it matter how many points they scored without him? The one TD that he threw would have been enough to win. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:27 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Does it matter how many points they scored without him? The one TD that he threw would have been enough to win. :-)
True, because Flacco.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:47 PM 06-17-2022
Legit question for the Dink homers...

Assuming Wilson plays for the current $24 million (he wont)...Carr's new contract is averaging $40 million...Watson is making like $50 mil.

What improvement would you have to see to justify a new 4 year, $180 million deal?

Playoff birth? Missing the postseason but finally beating the Chiefs?

That being said...I cant believe they arent quietly working on an extension for Wilson. A holdout, before even taking a snap, would be a bad look for both parties involved. He's 33-34...way too much risk going into the year with an extension hanging in the balance. If he gets severely hurt (Donks have had their starting QB injured for 7 straight seasons)...or continues his regression. He could cost himself $100 million.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:31 PM 06-17-2022
I was curious, so I looked it up. Over the last 13 games, Denver has completed 55% of their passes, with 6.4 yards per attempt, a 2.6% TD rate and a 4.3% INT rate. The average game was about 19/36, 227 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs. If Russ doesn't outperform that, I'll be shocked.

Also, the best passer for Denver against KC by rating? Courtland Sutton.
Nice post with stats. I'd also be shocked if Wilson doesn't perform better then that.

Wilson is a decent QB and there is a reason why he was worth the picks Denver gave up. Homers here think he sucks but GM's who work in the NFL think differently then them.

Wilson is 104-53-1 in his career and has been in the playoff 8 out of 10 years. Last year was a down year for him but maybe some new scenery will do him some good. He could continue a downward slide but I would expect him to play better then anything Denver has had since Manning.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:13 AM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
. He could continue a downward slide but I would expect him to play better then anything Denver has had since Manning.
I think everyone expects that...their QBs have been backup material.

The question is how good is he now? He has won one WC playoff game in 5 years...and that was against a backup.

These were his prime years...28 to 33 years old.

Alex Smith won one post-season game in five seasons with KC...five years is a long time. It's long enough where you can accurately predict what's likely.

If the Donks had some all-star roster with veteran coaching...this move makes sense...they are essentially about the same level as what the Seahawks were...a handful of decent players. It could be argued that Metcalf, Lockett and Adams are individually better than anyone in Denver.
[Reply]
Best22 01:36 AM 06-18-2022
True, because Flacco.
But I remember you guys were loving Flacco at the start

When you guys picked him up “He has more playoff wins than the Chiefs franchise”

That worked out so well for Denver…
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:37 AM 06-18-2022
True, because Flacco.
But, he was in his prime!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:07 AM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
But I remember you guys were loving Flacco at the start

When you guys picked him up “He has more playoff wins than the Chiefs franchise”

That worked out so well for Denver…
They always put all the blame on the QB. They think it’s all they’ve been missing.

And yet, their QBs always perform worse than elsewhere. Keenum went 11-3 the year before going to Denver. Bridgewater was 5-0 in NO a few years ago. 11-5 in Minny a few years before that. Flacco was decent before heading to Denver and immediately looked like the worst QB in the league. Lock was good in college and looked good early on in Denver, and then regressed.

Does this scream “great roster” to anyone?

Andy could probably win with any of those QBs. A lot more than they did anyway.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:48 AM 06-18-2022
True, because Flacco.
Soon the losses will be because....True, because Wilson
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 AM 06-18-2022
Russ with that roster has disaster written all over it
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:53 AM 06-18-2022
They refuse to answer what type of season Wilson would have to have... to justify a $180+ million extension while losing 7 players.

He will turn 36 the season where they actually have a 1st/2nd round pick....likely 37 before said picks actually contribute in a meaningful way. Meanwhile, the bill is going to come due for their past picks.

I pointed out that KC will have picked 6 1st/2nd rounders compare to the Donks one...which was pick 64. That's a difference of 12 players over two years....or more than half an entire starting roster.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:10 AM 06-18-2022
The Broncos purposely built a “run the ball play defense make sure the QB doesn’t throw picks” team since their Super Bowl.

That’s what they were aiming for. In this era of the NFL. That’s what they aimed to be.

Honestly, it’s not your QB that’s the problem. It’s management, coaching, and a roster built to play 90s football in the 2020s.

Oh, and constantly hiring first time defense minded head coaches. Fire one, hire another and say “THIS will fix our team!”

THERE’S your problem, Denver fans.

And we tried to fucking tell you….
[Reply]
TEX 10:14 AM 06-18-2022
True, because Flacco.
But, but, but, "SUPER BOWL WINNING QB!" You guys would not shut up about that one. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:17 AM 06-18-2022
Broncos breakdown, 2021 to 2022:

QB - obviously much, much better. Went from a bottom 5 room to a top 10 room. Large, large upgrade.

RB - this is a good group. Williams is a tackle-breaking machine who will benefit from having a QB who kill defenses more honest.

WR/TE - this group didn't have anything much added to it, and is being overrated by Broncos fans and some media, IMO. Jerry Jeudy was drafted high and has not played up to the draft slot in 2 seasons so far. It's not just about the QB not getting him the ball in good spots. It's about him not gaining the separation he showed in college, not staying healthy, and have inconsistent hands. KJ Hammler is a bust. Courtland Sutton is a solid player but not really a true #1. He's a good, physical outside guy but hasn't looked the same since blowing out his knee. And at TE, Albert Okwuegbunum has some physical ability but is incredibly soft and injury prone.

This WR room is going to have to SHOW ME it was all the QBs holding them back before I believe it.

OL - it's the same. Hinging on better performance from a few younger guys on the interior. Billy Turner is a new face but is a system guy who has yet to distinguish himself.

Defensively, there are a lot of changes.

The pass rush? Chubb and Gregory is an obvious downgrade from Chubb and Miller. They both have availability concerns (79 games played combined over the past 4 years, an average of 10 games a year). And even if they're both healthy and available, neither has been an impact guy.

I like the Jones and Jones combo on the DL, but I'm not sure DJ Jones holds up as a NT in an odd front (and without the gravity of guys like Bosa and Armstead).

ILB are just guys.

Justin Simmons and Patrick Surtain are good players.

And then throw a rookie coach on top of all of it.

Hype train is out of control due to the splashy addition of Wilson.
[Reply]
Page 2927 of 4894
« First < 1927242728272877291729232924292529262927 292829292930293129372977302734273927 > Last »
Up