ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 126
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Priest31kc 09:49 PM 03-24-2016
Seeing this tomorrow or Saturday...Despite all the harsh critic reviews and low RT score, I'm still excited as hell to see this. Alot of the main negatives that the critics have bitched about are either things I'll probably like (being too dark & serious apparently) or things I'll be able to get over as Im not too critical of movies. Excited as hell to see this version of Batman and the fight scenes.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:57 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It's really good.

Is it the best superhero movie ever? No

But it's very entertaining and I think sets the universe up well.

I don't get all the Snyder hate??

It's guilty of being a little overstuffed, and I thought the lighting was overall a little too dark, but it did a lot of things right.

Affecks Batman was great and I like this Superman as well. It completed the story arc from the first film.
Good to hear. I keep seeing guys that really liked it seeing it multiple times then guys that weren't sure and liked it better a 2nd time. Few friends of mine already going to see it again and told me it's good not the best but they liked it!
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:36 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Good to hear. I keep seeing guys that really liked it seeing it multiple times then guys that weren't sure and liked it better a 2nd time. Few friends of mine already going to see it again and told me it's good not the best but they liked it!
Took my daughter to see it tonight. Liked it just as much the second time around. I think people have been expecting to hate it for so long that it is tough to see it any other way. Theatre was busy tonight for the 915 show, auditorium was almost sold out. It should have a good weekend.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:34 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Loved it!

The Batman warehouse fight was the best Batman fight scene ever put on film.

Zach Snyder can direct the hell out of an action scene.
:-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:05 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Took my daughter to see it tonight. Liked it just as much the second time around. I think people have been expecting to hate it for so long that it is tough to see it any other way. Theatre was busy tonight for the 915 show, auditorium was almost sold out. It should have a good weekend.
Have to admit I went in expecting to be majorly disappointed and was completely satisfied with what was delivered. The fights were great. Period. And I really enjoyed how Batman and Superman came at the battle in different ways.

This was much much better than reviews are making it out to be. There are a few rough edges that could have been (and probably should have been) removed but there are some fight scenes that are really brutal in a very good way.

One negative -- that second trailer was a travesty and whoever authorized showing what they showed should be shot. A lot of the surprise at seeing certain characters was lost for no reason at all. Damn shame.

Still a great movie. Loved Hans Zimmer's score. And overall a great ride worth the price of admission.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:09 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I actually liked the way they handled the fight. Superman is a modern Achilles in a way...and Batman has to find his heel.
Well put.

Was really surprised at how well that face off played out and they acknowledge it is one-sided in a very smart way I thought.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:48 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
stop hatin and you might enjoy life once in awhile
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:59 AM 03-25-2016
Cavill, Affleck, and Eisenberg held there own Gadot was okay. She wasn't horrible but isn't a scene stealer like some on the internet have said. Gal hardly had any dialogue at all.

Like how this version of Batman was written more self sufficient and intelligent like the Burton incarnation.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:02 AM 03-25-2016
This is movie will make a alot..just hope whatever pacing etc is done is improved going fwd with Snyder. Can't wait till Sunday
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:08 AM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
stop hatin and you might enjoy life once in awhile
Sorry nothing can save the Eisenbrrg shit sandwich and other garbage, but go ahead and gobble it up and beg for seconds
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:47 AM 03-25-2016
I heard both characters are darker versions of what we grew up with so you won't necessarily recognize them as you remember.
[Reply]
DaveNull 12:07 PM 03-25-2016
Depends on when you grew up. This batman is taken right out of The Dark Knight Returns.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:11 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by DaveNull:
Depends on when you grew up. This batman is taken right out of The Dark Knight Returns.
Which IMO is one of the best Bruce/Bats incarnations we've seen so I loved it...
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 03-25-2016

No spoilers in this.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03-25-2016, 12:16 PM
This message has been deleted by The Franchise.
Beef Supreme 12:24 PM 03-25-2016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw
[Reply]
Page 95 of 126
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105 > Last »
Up